StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 29 Nov 08, 22:59
Staff Sergeant
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99]
Kill and then Kill

It is often necessary for your units to kill or cripple units on both your turn and their turn.
Save often and repeat an attack or defense if it doesn't go well.
This is all so cheap but to beat the Wehrmacht it is necessary.
Show the enemy no mercy! Remember, he invaded you...
Old 30 Nov 08, 23:04
Lieutenant General
United_States

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Wink Roger all that, but

the map hex differences you found??

Cheers, thanks my friend!!

Tom
Old 21 Dec 08, 18:00
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99] Red Skull is on the path to success [1-99]
No Differance

I checked. No extra hex, it must have been awhile since I had played. Oh man, do I love that game though. PG2 has been pretty good to me as well. Somehow one of my Recon units got a leader with Devastating Fire and Marksman
Old 25 Dec 08, 18:35
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Skull View Post

PG2 has been pretty good to me as well.
Thanks for the copy of PG2, when my power went out the other night I had enough battery on the laptop to smoke Salerno. It was good times...
"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 25 Dec 08, 22:42
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Nice...

I'm thinking of starting an allied campaign of my own soon. I just got into the Russian front on my axis one and could use a break.
There is so much Soviet infantry it boggles the mind!!! Wading through rivers of mud and untrained conscripts sucks
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Apr 09, 08:22
Recruit
United_States

zenblend is a balanced individual [0]
Thumbs up zenblend

I have played god of war part 1 and 2.it is the best game in the records of ps2 i have enjoyed it very much. is ther any one who played that
Old 16 Jun 09, 23:59
Recruit
United_States

CoreyD1086 is a balanced individual [0]
Pskov

I was able to defeat Finland and achieve a Major Victory. The problem I have run into is with Pskov. I have been able to hold all my cities and even managed to capture one German city. Now according to the victory conditions this would constitute a minor victory but when the Germans took their final turn it came up Axis Victory and went straight on to Moscow where once I lose there which I did the game ends. I have tried to transport my engineers to airfields but when I land them they are attacked by the guns and then destroyed. Is there a bug in this game or what do I have to do to move on in this very difficult campaign.
Old 21 Jun 09, 23:06
Recruit
United_States

CoreyD1086 is a balanced individual [0]
Pskov

I need help defeating the Pskov situation. It seems even if I follow the victory conditions I still lose and this is even in a basic situation plus the campaign situation. Once I lose here I go on to Moscow where I lose there and then the game ends. Is there a bug in the game. This is on the playstation format.
Old 23 Jun 09, 13:53
Recruit
United_States

djbuttonup is a balanced individual [0]
Same Problem, Can't Win Moscow PS1

I'm having the same trouble.
I've beaten the US and UK campaigns, played every version of PG and etc. and have never had this much trouble with a campaign.

Finland, no problem. Pskov, I can get through holding my cities for a loss leading to Moscow. But at Moscow I can't continue. Following the advice of others online I've held three of the five "Russian" cities (in addition to Moscow) even getting 4 of the 5 one time, and always the compaign is over.

Yes, I cheat by turning the weather and supply off on my turn.
Yes, I have an experienced core of KVs, 152mm, Engineers and AD.
Yes, I get a couple KVs behind his lines to eat his artillery.
But still I cannot get past the Moscow scenario with the prescribed vicotry conditions.

Do I need to capture ALL the cities on the map to proceed?
Do I need to capture ALL the cities on the Pskov map to avoid this early Moscow scenario?

Again, PS1 version of AG here, I'm suspecting the campaign progression and victory conditions found online pertain only to the PC version.

Any help, RED SKULL I'm looking at you wayyy back there in the past...
Old 30 Jun 09, 18:24
Recruit
United_States

borq991 is a balanced individual [0]
Not Possible

There is a bug in the PS1 version. I've had to download the computer version of the game to get throught the Russian campaign.
Old 15 Jul 09, 14:36
Sergeant
United_States

Otto Skorzeny is on the path to success [1-99] Otto Skorzeny is on the path to success [1-99]
I wish I could find a password to help me advance past Moscow. I had a major at Finland, and at Pskov, I captured two objective cities (which is supposed to be a major victory), but it was still a loss.

So I go to Moscow, and held all original objective cities, in addition to capturing Moschaisk, but still lost.

I don't understand, it must be impossible to advance past Moscow in campaign mode.

Any suggestions??????
Old 24 Sep 09, 16:01
Second Lieutenant
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99] solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99] solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99] solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99] solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99] solo84vw is on the path to success [1-99]
I think it must be impossible to do it in the PSII game. I have tried everything including full on cheating my ass off with no supply, weather and no hidden units, with the AI set to all the lowest settings and still cant get past Moscow. Any body at all have a solution?
Egyptian T-54
M1A1
Syrian SU-100
Magach 5
67' Centurion Shot
73' M-60
Old 24 Sep 09, 17:34
Lieutenant General
United_States

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Wink Hey guys, have you tried my 'trick" yet??

The Russian campaign is a real Bitch on the PS 1 or II, but try it the way I did and see if you guys get the extra deployment hexes, the only way I beat the Russian campaign game. After Moskow it is a bit easier to win without my "trick" on the rest of the battles.

Yep, you have to hold ALL of the objective cities to advance in Moscow ( the ones way back behind the German lines as well!!!). I have never ever gotten a win in Pskov. But I am firing up the game right now for another shot!!

Cheers, good luck and let me know how it went.

Tom
Old 24 Sep 09, 17:37
Lieutenant General
United_States

Arrow My "trick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDG View Post
Just making sure here, the "secret" I found LOL. OK, do you guys always get the same hex locations everytime you fire up the PS AG for the Russian campaign?? If so, I beleave after the first two battles, shut down the PS 1. Then fire it back up and let it sit for say 1-2 hours so it runs on whatever. Next select youtr saved last victory game and then see what kind of hex set up you now get. Every time I do this, there are new hexes a bit closer to the German towns you have to take, got it??
No clue if it is a bug, computer compensates for thinking you are playing a long game and shows mercy, or just one of those things on the CD of AG that I have, but it works. The Moscow battle is where it is critical, at least for me to get past it for the only Major Victory. And remember that there are no minor victories here, at least not on this campaign regardless of what you see on the net.

Cheers, again, I could have a "strange" copy, but from what I have seen on the net, a lot of people have problems with the Russian campaign on the PS I. The PC version has a working minor victory that DOES work so you can complete the game as is......, PS does'nt!!! LOL

Tom
Cheers

Tom
Old 27 Apr 10, 13:00
Corporal
United_States

stepdogg77 is on the path to success [1-99] stepdogg77 is on the path to success [1-99]
Cracked the Code for Finland

I know itís been a while so forgive me for resurrecting the topic-- I think Iíve cracked the code for Finland. Finland is hit or miss for even the most experienced players so Iím posting this b/c I really need help with Pskov and I need as many brains engaged as possible.

Up front-
Put the game setting on easy, ratchet down the experience and prestige level, and turn the hidden units and weather options off. Yes, I know it is cheesy, but the PS1 version of Allied General has incredibly tough victory conditions, which are damn near impossible to achieve under normal circumstances. Fair trade off IMOÖ Up front, get rid of your core BA-10 Armored Scout- it limits you to roads and adds very little combat power. With the hidden units turned off you arenít gaining anything in terms of spotting ability.

You need four task forces:
Task Force Sortalava- 5-6 Paratroopers (upgraded from auxiliary conscript and regular infantry)

Task Force Taipale- x2 T-28, x1 15.2 cm Arty, x1 12.2 cm Arty, x1 Bridge Engineer, x1 Cavalry, x2 Conscripts

Task Force Terijoki/Summa- x2 BT-5, x1 15.2 cm Arty, x2 12.2 cm Arty, x1 Bridge Engineer, x1 Cavalry

Task Force Tali/Viipuri- x2 KV-1/39, x1 BT-7, x3 15.2 cm Arty, x1 Bridge Engineer, x1 Regular Infantry, x1 Cavalry (All of these are your core forces)

Orders:
-Task Force Sortalava: Load your paratroopers at the Leningrad airfield and send it to Sortalava. Drop it about 3 hexes away from Sortalava, and away from the artillery bunker. Take five of your conscript units and start upgrading them to paratroopers. Stage them at the airfield as each flight takes off. Again- with each successive drop you want to stay 3 hexes away from that bunker. Do not begin your assault on Sortalava until you have at least three (preferably four) paratrooper units on the ground. While assaulting Sortalava keep at least 2 units adjacent to the city at all times- this will prevent the Finn infantry from resupplying and taking on replacements during the axis turn. Ensure those units are strong enough to withstand shelling and a pre-emptive strikes. Attack with no more than two healthy paratrooper units per turn. The goal here is to attack the Finn infantry until he runs out of ammunition. You should accomplish this with 5-6 Paratrooper units by turn 12.

-Task Force Terijoki/Summa: Move your two cruisers into position and shell Terijoki. Shell Terijoki with your 15.2 and 12.2 cm howitzers. Attack with your adjacent conscript infantry and occupy the city. Closest (auxiliary) cavalry unit follows and assumes the attack and occupies Terijoki if necessary. Build one KV-1/39 tank (core), one 15.2 cm howitzer (core), and one 12.2 cm howitzer (auxiliary) from Terijoki. Move your BT-5s towards Summa, stopping one hex away from the Bunker and the ATG. Follow with your two 12.2 cm and one 15.2 cm howitzers, and supporting infantry. Use your cruisers and artillery to target the ATG, then the Finn 105mm gun. Once those are knocked out, move your howitzers into position to shell Summa. Donít waste time on the bunker. Drive through the gap created by the ATG with your BT-5s, followed by engineers and cavalry, with the howitzers and cruisers shelling Summa as you go. Once Summa falls, resupply your artillery, and start moving your BT-5s towards Sortalava (yes, Sortalava). Take Summa, but DO NOT OCCUPY it-- use your cavalry and bridge engineers to knock out the bunker guarding Summa and to screen Summa from any Finn infantry that became dislodged and wandering around. Bring your artillery forward, to the southeastern edge of the Tali/Viipuri fjord.

-Task force Taipale: Attack the Finn infantry overlooking the road to Taipale with the 15.2 and 12.2 cm howitzers. The nearby Bridge Engineer unit should finish them off. If not, one of your T-28s should do the trick. There is another Finn infantry camped in the woods near the coast. Use your two conscript units and the other auxiliary cavalry unit to screen the right flank of your Taipale task force. If you need to, eliminate that Finn infantry with artillery and infantry assaults before it becomes a nuisance. Advance to Taipale with T-28s in the lead, followed by 15.2 and 12.2 cm guns in trucks. Position the T-28s adjacent to the Finn ATG southwest of Taipale. Target the ATG with the howitzers until it is reduced to 2 or 3 strength, then attack with a T-28. Once the ATG is cleared, use your howitzers and T-28s to knock out the Finn 75mm guns until you have Taipale isolated. Shell Taipale with your howitzers and attack with your engineers. Take the city with cavalry or conscripts.

Task Force Tali/Viipuri: Manuever your two KV-1/39s and your BT-7 (with 15.2cm howitzers in tow) to the western edge of the forest south east of the entrenchment line. Your target is an ATG set between two bunkers backed up by a Finn 105. Target the ATG with as much Arty as you can direct until it is down to 2 or 3 strength (a lot of times three 15.2 cm volleys will wipe it out entirely, but donít wait for the guns to destroy the target). Attack with KV-1/39s until the target is destroyed. Then drive through that gap with your armor, attacking the Finn 105 and 75mm guns near Tali/Viipuri. Again, do not waste time on the bunkers. Your armored units should eliminate the Finn artillery, then position themselves adjacent to Tali and Viipuri. Use your core Bridge engineers, regular infantry, and cavalry to mop up, or at least screen any bypassed Finn infantry with no more than two 15.2 cm howitzers in support. Your remaining artillery links up with the artillery from Task force Terijoki/Summa to start shelling Tali and Viipuri. Assault with your tanks when the defenders are down to 2-3 stregth.

Again, apologies for being long winded and detailed... it's taken me about 2 YEARS playing on and off before i figured this out. it works better than 80% of the time for me.

Let the comments, criticisms, and flames fly!!!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!