StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Africa

Notices and Announcements

Africa Issues of modern Africa.

Old 20 Nov 08, 15:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
[quote=jose50;1047232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan;1047219[I
][/i]we have met the enemy and he is us. Pogo[/quote]

You said it right there MM. The "us" are those thousands of lowlifes out there who are content to take, take, take from "uncle sugar" and then go out and buy top of the line groceries with their food stamps and take their welfare checks to have their nails done, hair colored, pinkie rings monogrammed, cars detailed and tricked out and who then complain that society isn't giving them a fair deal. It REALLY pi$$es me off!!

Me too. But it does make them easy to pick out!
Old 21 Nov 08, 11:37
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
I'm starting to wonder about you Franz.

IF there is NO work or little work in the community how do you expect people to support themselves. How about those that are working and still living below the poverty level?

There is only so much road kill.

HP
My ancestors left countries with inadequate work to support themselves and some later moved from states with no work to states with more work. And that was after slavery ended and after the Indian wars for the smart @$$es out there.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 21 Nov 08, 11:39
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
Much of the poverty is not in the inner cities of American but in the ural countryside. Most of these people pride themselves on supporting there families and themselves. I wonder how many of the advisers here have ever taken "that exit" off the Interstate and taken a look at the back country of American? Not everybody can work at the dinner or gas station down at the exit. The sawmill's and paper factories can only provide so much work and the car factory is three counties over.

All you hero's, go tell these people, face to face that they are worthless bums. Or are you Just a bunch of gutless preachers.
How about those of us who offer them work for which they will be paid every Friday and they tell us no because they want to be paid cash daily and besides we have to withold FICA and taxes? The only guys we have to turn away are the illegal aliens who want to work.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 21 Nov 08, 11:55
Brigadier General
Switzerland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
geez, that ceiling doesn't even look like anything special. why waste 23 mil?
Old 21 Nov 08, 12:17
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
How about those of us who offer them work for which they will be paid every Friday and they tell us no because they want to be paid cash daily and besides we have to withold FICA and taxes? The only guys we have to turn away are the illegal aliens who want to work.
"let them eat cake"

Those are the loosers that should get a kick in the aSSSSSSSSS. I have only neg feelings for such people. Unforunatly many have children. Title of the thread. If the State (taxpayers) have to pay for the cost of the children then lets end the cycle. Remove the children from these home.

HP

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Sponsored Links

Old 21 Nov 08, 12:22
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
My ancestors left countries with inadequate work to support themselves and some later moved from states with no work to states with more work. And that was after slavery ended and after the Indian wars for the smart @$$es out there.

So did mine, for what it is worth.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 21 Nov 08, 17:21
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Summer Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
So whatr would you say to the 53,000 workers just fired by Citicorp? They can work - but a bunch of corrupt, venal businessmen just took way their jobs. Does anyone happen to know where to find 53,000 new jobs?

Don't know of anyone who can't find a job? Move to one of the major inner cities and meet all you can handle.

I'm sorry, Biscuit, but America is very badly screwed up, and if we don't change it very soon, it is going to be gone forever.
I think we are already at the beginning of the end as a world power. Too many freeloaders and not enough workerbees. At least you are older. I am guessing somewhere in your late 50s-mid 60s and got more of the golden time.

The people employed by Citicorp have my sympathy and, as I have already stated, I am not against people in their situation taking help from the government so long as they are looking for a way to pay their own bills and not milking an already stressed system. There's a huge difference in the two.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!