StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Military Reenactments

Notices and Announcements

Military Reenactments Reenactors help to preserve our heritage by recreating and sharing the past.

Old 10 Oct 14, 11:46
Gunnery Sergeant
Canada

JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thumbs up "Noch wieder, zwei Biere, bitte!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensman View Post
I would gladly get a bunch of guys together to re-enact the Cold War in Germany where the british army faced the soviet 3rd shock army.
The only problem is my liver wouldn't be able to cope and half the guys I knew are still walking around in a drunken stupor thirty years later
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, ja! Spoken like a man who'd been there!
"Ein Prosit!"

Sent from my Large Hadron Collider
Old 10 Oct 14, 12:02
Gunnery Sergeant
Canada

JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99] JAGDPANTHER88 is on the path to success [1-99]
Cool One like this?

Quote:
A JCB is a bulldozer or digger that cam make a large hole in the ground so re-enactors can fit into it.
I won't say anything about filling it in on top of them
Oops I just did
What a pity never mind
One like this?
Old 11 Oct 14, 23:12
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGDPANTHER88 View Post
"Hobo fighting". I must remember that term But shame on you, Rimmsie, for dissing the misguided poor.
And next time you find yourself in Anglesey be sure to stop in at one of their Norsemen Gatherings. They'll gladly kit you out so you can participate in the fighting. But the Welsh are a tough race, so it's a good way to find out if you're brave or just pretty.
It's called "Bum fights" in the US. There are lots of videos of these. A common one is the videoing people pay the bums like $20 or a fifth of cheap liquor to fight, or do something stupid and/or violent to each other or someone.

It's sort of like the Knock out game only with bums.
Old 06 Dec 14, 06:44
Major
UK

queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I can see the cake stand from here, quick get them for me

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417866242.716950.jpg

Old 08 Dec 14, 07:45
Lance Corporal
Armchair_General

ChasseurMarion is on the path to success [1-99]
Thumbs up

Quote:

Attachment 61671

Ha ha ha

Gimme dat STRUDEL!!! Schnell! Schnell!

Now something for the collection: Japanese WW2 reenactment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 283757_original.jpg (106.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 08 Dec 14, 07:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
At the Reading Air show I saw a German reenactor with a tattoo of a large Stuka dive bomber on his neck. Looked like shabby prison work. How realistic is that?
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 08 Dec 14, 13:17
Lance Corporal
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
At the Reading Air show I saw a German reenactor with a tattoo of a large Stuka dive bomber on his neck. Looked like shabby prison work. How realistic is that?
Too bad there´s no picture of it. Must have looked hilarious
Old 08 Dec 14, 13:42
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasseurMarion View Post
Too bad there´s no picture of it. Must have looked hilarious
I had my camera but didn't want to waste a digital image on him. Black panzer wrapper, can't remember if he was SS or GD. It was rather silly.
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 17 Dec 14, 05:18
Major General
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400]
Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400] Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
Ah, I see!
JCB [Joseph Cyril Bamford] machinery!

A manufacturer of construction and agriculture machinery.
Which is so ubiquitous its acronym is synonymous with such machinery!

Like all German fighters being Messerschmitts, all Australian troops being ANZACs, all tracked military vehicles being tanks.

That sort of thing?

Amazing.

By the way, how do you create those link things everybody does?

My daughter has explained it to me four times, her twin brother once and elder brother twice - however, I never paid the slightest bit of attention!

You got a bit of style Dibble, I could find you very useful.

Oh and don't forget:

One must cross the threshold of greatness. Then and only then can one comprehend the true nature of the one called lodestar - for many the quest to cross that threshold becomes their life’s work.
Regards lodestar
Joseph Cyril Bamford! I might be able to use that in a trivia contest one day, finally lodestar posts something useful! Wonders never cease.........

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
Wu Cheng'en Monkey
Old 17 Dec 14, 06:21
Lance Corporal
Armchair_General

Doing Middle Ages reenactment myself, I don´t know what to do first when I see people like that: to cry or to laugh my head off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Viking-Battle-Reenactment-01-634x356.jpg (84.3 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 17 Dec 14, 13:05
Major General
Canada

Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500]
Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500] Canuckster is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:

Attachment 61671

Actually if the guy on the left is supposed to be Goring then I'd say he got it about right.
Old 27 Dec 14, 23:52
Major General
Australia
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300] lodestar is on a distinguished road [300]
Reminder to Chukka - engage brain before postin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukka View Post
Joseph Cyril Bamford! I might be able to use that in a trivia contest one day, finally lodestar posts something useful! Wonders never cease.........
Hey!!....Steady on mate.
I've just reviewed THIS THREAD!
MY THREAD!
MY QUESTION!
RAISING THIS TOPIC AS MY ISSUE!!
You've posted around a dozen times on it. That's a dozen posts you would not have done if I hadn't 'finally' done 'something useful.

Research before you post man.

When lodestar does not post many peoples’ lives feel desolate and empty.
When lodestar posts many people find a fresh reason to go on living.
Over the years this has become known as ‘THE WAY OF LODESTAR
Old 28 Dec 14, 11:47
Major
UK

queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100] queensman has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I drink the cleaning products too😆

Boobies
Old 30 Dec 14, 01:13
Major General
Australia

Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400]
Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400] Chukka has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
Hey!!....Steady on mate.
I've just reviewed THIS THREAD!
MY THREAD!
MY QUESTION!
RAISING THIS TOPIC AS MY ISSUE!!
You've posted around a dozen times on it. That's a dozen posts you would not have done if I hadn't 'finally' done 'something useful.

Research before you post man.

When lodestar does not post many peoples’ lives feel desolate and empty.
When lodestar posts many people find a fresh reason to go on living.
Over the years this has become known as ‘THE WAY OF LODESTAR
I most Humbly stand corrected sir. Let the record now state that Lodestar has posted valuable and practical things TWICE!

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
Wu Cheng'en Monkey
Old 30 Dec 14, 05:11
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukka View Post
I most Humbly stand corrected sir. Let the record now state that Lodestar has posted valuable and practical things TWICE!
Very funny!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!