StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 12 Apr 09, 23:18
General of the Forums
Austria
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Rain makes mud - I hate Mud -- but then again -- I hate most things

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG
Old 12 Apr 09, 23:23
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

General Staff has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
Rain makes mud - I hate Mud
Good Lord, French vineyards make some good wine, but when it rains hard, they make some of the best mud in the world I ever saw too.

It can take you days to get your shoes clean again. My better half keeps telling me to fetch wood for fire- I keep telling her if she sends me out on that mission she may never see me again. May be that is why she keeps asking...
Old 12 Apr 09, 23:25
General of the Forums
Austria

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
HA !! -- So - how was France GS ? Get all the work done ??

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

BoRG
Old 12 Apr 09, 23:50
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
Just checking in to see how the thread is going.....
When you find out, will you let us know?
Old 13 Apr 09, 00:09
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Yes, actually. It went very smoothly by French standards ;-). Every one came by on the last day we were there and said they would have it sorted by the time we returned. And strangely enough, having thrown a little patronage here and there, I actually believed them- some of them seem sorry for us. All except the builder, what with the wood laminate on the top floor buckling and some of the shuttered doors not closing properly....

But we have traded with the neighbors. Trade is key. They get to use the swimming pool in exchange for maintaining it. The garden is sorted now though it will take a year or so to grow properly. But all in all we've avoided the vagaries of the AS World property market, and it is probably worth what we put into it still.

So roof damage- check. Swimming pool damage- check. Floor/Lock damage- check. It is illegal in France to change a fuse (from 30A to 40A which is what EDF originally said they would put in and what the system is rated for) without the Utility Company doing it, but our Electrician promised to sort this- check. The Plumber promised to connect the water to the pool- check.

Very little outstanding now, though it has been 3 years, a lot of money, arguments and untold sacrifice and grief, but I do believe I finally have a piece of heaven in sight. The other half just oohs and aahs, and that can be helpful, though she doesn't realize that this is all conducted in a language she does not understand at all- both words and in some cases hidden menace within words. Though like you when I can retire to it is the guess of someone else now.

I'll have to find and send you a few pictures- if you're from Austria you'll love it.

And would I do it again? No. It is a once in a lifetime terminal crucifixion.

Last edited by General Staff; 13 Apr 09 at 00:12..
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Apr 09, 04:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Glad it is all working out for you,GS.
Old 13 Apr 09, 08:53
General of the Forums
Austria

Send me some pictures GS -- your place sounds very nice

BoRG
Old 13 Apr 09, 10:37
General of the Forums
United_States

Done and dusted. That should up my post count, though I'll have to try harder to match yours.
Old 13 Apr 09, 12:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100] Jose50 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Hope everyone got chocolate...
Old 13 Apr 09, 13:10
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
Just checking in to see how the thread is going.....
Doesn't it seem to be weaving in a serpentine pattern?

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway
Old 13 Apr 09, 14:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Nope. It is in a straight line.
Old 13 Apr 09, 14:20
General of the Forums
United_States

Yup. Straight up to heaven or if the devil gets his minus sign in straight down to hell.

Unless 'God' steps in and terminates the thread of course, in which case we will all be left in limbo.
Old 13 Apr 09, 14:38
Lieutenant General
United_States

17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Staff View Post
Yup. Straight up to heaven or if the devil gets his minus sign in straight down to hell.

Unless 'God' steps in and terminates the thread of course, in which case we will all be left in limbo.
I always thought the Prince of the World was a bit of a slithery one,
kinda like a snake in the grass. Some of those in limbo may be riding in a limo.

Old 13 Apr 09, 16:14
General of the Forums
United_States

So we're between Heaven and hell?
Old 13 Apr 09, 16:28
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate View Post
So we're between Heaven and hell?
And, some are in a handbasket?

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!