StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider and our late friend and long time ACG Staff member, Michael Brown, better known here as Post Captain.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 08, 11:46
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Has anyone stepped up to play Wellington yet?

Homer

BoRG
Old 23 Dec 08, 11:49
General
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700]
allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Has anyone stepped up to play Wellington yet?
The following commands need to be filled before we can start.

Vandamme (Fr)
Grouchy (Fr)

Wellington (Al)
Uxbridge (Al)

Thielemann (Pr)

Gaz

Last edited by allsirgarnet; 23 Dec 08 at 18:30..
Old 23 Dec 08, 12:32
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
Just a thought but we are not going to start this until after the holidays right? As a lot of us will be away.

Regards
James
Old 23 Dec 08, 13:42
General
UK

allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Brock View Post
Just a thought but we are not going to start this until after the holidays right? As a lot of us will be away.

Regards
James
In preparation thats all. I just wanted everyone to be happy and comfortable with the game system.

Gaz
Old 23 Dec 08, 13:46
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bulletin to l'Armée du Nord (1st of june 1815)

Soldiers,

I have returned to lead you onto the battlefield and to glory once again.
France has asked me to. It is the work of an irresistible force, the work of the unanimous will of a great nation which understands its duties and its rights.
The dynasty which was forced on the French nation was not suited to it. This fat king would associate itself neither with its feeling nor its customs. France demanded a liberator. I have therefore returned and from the spot where I landed, the love of my people bore me to the bosom of the capital. I have not usurped the throne as the dynasties of all Europe proclaim, and if so, where then was the resistance to my return?

Now I am to be considered an outlaw by entire Europe when in fact all I want is peace and to repay my people with happiness for the affection that they have shown me. It is they that want war, not I nor you! By clashing against the will of the French people, they have shown their true face: the one of the oppressor. France cannot be a friend of any oppressor, and therefore we march…

Let the eagles fly once again from steeple to steeple as they have flown in the past from Egypt to Warsaw.
We shall fall upon them as a torrent as we did at Rivoli, we shall crush them as we did at Austerlitz, we shall pound them in submission as we did at Wagram !!!!

No coalition can resist the might of the French people in arms…

Napoleon I,
Emperor of France

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Last edited by Stratego; 23 Dec 08 at 13:52..
Old 23 Dec 08, 13:52
General
UK

Good stuff Stratego, very inspirational. BTW, have you started thinking about your initial dispositions and the campaign planning that follows it?

I have been thinking along these lines in game terms. How about for the casual reader, the three C-in-C's write two communiques each game day for open reading in the thread. One as a general report to the home newspapers, the other to the home 'government' on the situation as they see it.

These would be in addition to the general rumour reports I'll be posting each day along with the various combat reports.

Gaz
Old 23 Dec 08, 14:04
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cambronnne is simply cracking [600]
Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600] Cambronnne is simply cracking [600]
Is Gerard still available?
If so, I volunteer.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.
Old 23 Dec 08, 14:42
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
I'll take Pirch. I'm still a little confused as to how this plays out though.
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:22
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
England
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
General de Division Honore Reille and the II Army Corps await your Majesty's command.

Vive l'Empereur.

Admiral Lord Nelson
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:29
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals Winner, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200] grognard is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4290 View Post
Don't feel too bad, I'm confused as myself and as Zieten, however the Ogre shall not prevail!
Sponsored Links

Old 23 Dec 08, 16:30
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4290 View Post

Sehr gut! Willkommen, Pirch! Don't worry, you will grow in the job.
and as the usurper apparently hasn't had enough you will grow very tall indeed!!

Now we only need a Thielmann to make our command complete and start our first war council.

Blücher

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you - L. Trotsky, June 1919

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 23 Dec 08 at 16:44..
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:40
General
UK

OK...

Just 5 commands to Go. Has anyone any questions, comments or suggestions about things so far?

When we are ready to start, the Emperor and then his commanders will/should send me private messages containg both their orders for their commands and their personal intentions in game. These will determine the actions on the night of the 15th-16th June. The first game turn (2 in game hours) will begin at 4AM on the 16th June. Its possible that some French commanders may have little to do, where as the 'allies' will be recieving their first intel and may wish to get their troops on the march.

Both sides will get private updates as events produce them and general rumours will be posted. Remember to that unless your player-commanders are together in game, messages to others (50 word max) should be sent through myself (acting as your ADC), and i'll send them on after the appropriate time. I hope its fairly clear.

Good luck

Gaz

Last edited by allsirgarnet; 23 Dec 08 at 16:43..
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:44
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsirgarnet View Post
OK...
Has anyone any questions, comments or suggestions about things so far?
Can the maps be put on a sticky please

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you - L. Trotsky, June 1919
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:46
General
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsennef View Post
Can the maps be put on a sticky please
Post Captain will do that for us possibly?

Gaz
Old 23 Dec 08, 16:50
EU

War Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsirgarnet View Post
Remember to that unless your player-commanders are together in game, messages to others (50 word max) should be sent through myself (acting as your ADC), and i'll send them on after the appropriate time. I hope its fairly clear.

Good luck

Gaz
Generals von Zieten, Pirch und Bülow, we will not wait for Thielemann, he will join us as soon as he reports for duty.

Gather on my location for War Council now, for reasons stated by Gaz above. After the war council is over, you will rejoin your respective Corps.

And don't worry, this is the last operational command I'll make over open lines. We will let the 'Fog of War' descend over our enemy.
I'm sure colonel Clausewitz, CoS at Thielemann's Corps, can appreciate this phrase

Blücher

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 23 Dec 08 at 17:08..
Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!