StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central An archive of discussions of a political nature that took place here.

Old 20 Aug 09, 12:09
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Roll season fillings in flipper like Taco and chow down!

Mmmm...be sure to end meal with mandatory "blubber belch" and "fish fart"!

Hoo-ah...

Old 20 Aug 09, 12:10
Lieutenant General
United_States

GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
Nah General with turkey they just zap 'em in the head with 500 volts of electricity and then slit their throats.

Cattle or either zapped in the head with some juice or stunned with a bolt pistol to the head and then their throats cut.

The first step to cattle slaughter is very much like a club to the head.
not according to jewish law... kosher meat is served in my home, but obviously when dining out who knows what goes on
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:15
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Assinine comments aside - Sealing is a pretty big part of the culture, food supply, and economy in parts of Canada. A friend of mine used to explain - when times are bad in Newfoundland if you wanted to eat you went sealing.

Ferryland Sealer by Great Big Sea
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:16
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Who cares about "kosher law"? Do you think it makes any difference to the cow, you hypocrite?

"It's OK, Mabel. We won't have headaches afterwards; this one is Jewish."

Old 20 Aug 09, 12:19
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTsoGood View Post
not according to jewish law... kosher meat is served in my home, but obviously when dining out who knows what goes on
The General's member of the tribe? Funny, he doesn't look it . . . .

Mosaic law requires that all blood must be drained from the animal, but that none of its bones be broken before consimption. Industrial kosher meat-processing outfits generally secure a steer carefully placed in a large restraint about its neck, and then it is decapitated. That's the fastest way to drain the blood, and careful placement ensures that no vertebrae are broken. That's how kosher meat reaches your plate.

Besides, kosher meat is too dry for my tastes. I like to hear the "moo" when I stick the fork in.

Old 20 Aug 09, 12:28
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Assinine comments aside - Sealing is a pretty big part of the culture, food supply, and economy in parts of Canada. A friend of mine used to explain - when times are bad in Newfoundland if you wanted to eat you went sealing.

Ferryland Sealer by Great Big Sea

Why thank you so much for your commentary, Duncan. I would offer you a whale burger, but we're all out of those BIG buns.

Remember, kids...if it comes from U-tube, it's the TRUTH!

Let's see now...assinine...assinine...takes nine tries to nail a donkey?
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:31
Lieutenant General
United_States

GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Who cares about "kosher law"? Do you think it makes any difference to the cow, you hypocrite?

"It's OK, Mabel. We won't have headaches afterwards; this one is Jewish."

i didnt say anyone had to care bout kosher law, i said that slaughtering according to kosher law does not involve clubs to the head, plain and simple.

Man is king of this earth and can do what he wants with both the animals and the resourcest hat exist here, imo. even still, i prefer that seals not be clubbed in the head, thats all.

grow up?
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:37
General of the Forums
United_States

Um, yummy...munch, munch, munch. Want hot sauce with that?

How about a whale burger? We call it the "long time no sea" special. Wasn't clubbed in the head - it was blown apart internally by an explosive harpoon.

Maybe if we club the Canadian Prime Minster in the head, he's start showing up for work on time.

Humans are such total hypocrites.
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:39
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Why thank you so much for your commentary, Duncan. I would offer you a whale burger, but we're all out of those BIG buns.

Remember, kids...if it comes from U-tube, it's the TRUTH!

Let's see now...assinine...assinine...takes nine tries to nail a donkey?
I've heard that whale tastes terrible. Ferryland Sealer is a traditional song. I posted the clip as an example of how sealing is tied to Newfoundland culture and economy. GBS is a great band. See them live if you get a chance. Silly Wizard also recorded a version of it in the 1970s.
Old 20 Aug 09, 12:51
General of the Forums
United_States

Always preferred this pone by the Immortal Kingston Trio, myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGw8...eature=related
Old 20 Aug 09, 13:08
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I'm wondering if Stan Rogers ever did anything about sealing or whaling?

Old 20 Aug 09, 13:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Don't know. Probably before my time.
Old 21 Aug 09, 09:44
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTsoGood View Post
correct, love em all.

really dont want to get into this and i am certainly no authority on the matter, but those animals are bred to be eaten, if im not mistaken the canadian seals are just out there in the wild. not sure how much of a difference that really makes, but i can assure you, using a club to kill turkeys is NOT the US accepted and legal method of slaughtering...

Just like deer/moose........unless you are a Bambi lover and figure my dead deer ( come deer season ) climbed in the back of my truck and commited suicide
Old 21 Aug 09, 10:41
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
Just like deer/moose........unless you are a Bambi lover and figure my dead deer ( come deer season ) climbed in the back of my truck and commited suicide
nah, i dont really care either way, but again bambi was killed with a rifle, not with a club to the head.
Old 21 Aug 09, 12:16
General of the Forums
United_States

But was it a kosher bullet? THAT is the real question!

"U-ummm good! U-ummm good!
That's what Seal Soup is,
U-ummm good!"

Sung to the Campbell Soup Song.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!