StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Military History on Film

Notices and Announcements

Military History on Film Newsreel and documentary film on the Second World War and other military conflicts. This is also the request and discussion forum for skoblin's website.

Old 31 Mar 10, 06:33
Lance Corporal
EU

Orda-Osto has disabled reputation
"The Pacific"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

Who watched this?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 31 Mar 10, 07:43
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orda-Osto View Post
Can't til it comes out on dvd. Only in the US for now.
Old 31 Mar 10, 08:40
Private
Canada

bgbuss68 is on the path to success [1-99]
I watched it - HBO Canada. Of course, you can download torrents as well online. Much like the Band of Brothers, this is a high quality mini series. Heavily graphic in battle scenes and very intense even in its depiction of the R and R scenes in Australia.
Old 31 Mar 10, 12:06
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Here's what I have been able to find on Youtube

Old 31 Mar 10, 12:49
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbuss68 View Post
I watched it - HBO Canada. Of course, you can download torrents as well online. Much like the Band of Brothers, this is a high quality mini series. Heavily graphic in battle scenes and very intense even in its depiction of the R and R scenes in Australia.
Ahh that's good. Still I'm not in Canada. I'll see it eventually like with BoB.
Old 01 Apr 10, 04:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joea View Post
Ahh that's good. Still I'm not in Canada. I'll see it eventually like with BoB.
Yeah. I'll probably wait for the DVDs also. We don't have HBO and we don't download movies but I will see it. I'll bet it's on DVD by the end of the summer or so. In time for Christmas.
Old 01 Apr 10, 05:02
Captain
UK

sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
starts here in u.k. easter monday, back to back 1&2 episodes, looking forward to it, ray..
Old 01 Apr 10, 05:05
Captain
UK

sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sniper1946 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
is anyone watching the sky showcase in hd "world at war" series, that started here last week? http://movies.sky.com/sky-movies-sho...e-world-at-war
Old 06 Aug 10, 01:12
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Post Warriors, Inc.

Here is a nice article on the military advisor's aspect of the production...

Link to USMC Combat Correspondent Association article featuring Captain Dale Dye of HBO's The Pacific

I tried to upload it, but the picture came out too small...
"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Last edited by Paul Mann III; 06 Aug 10 at 03:24..
Old 06 Aug 10, 02:40
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100] Przemyslaw has demonstrated strength of character [100]

Landing on beach from episode 5... With Polish lector.

This user of You Tube has upload 6 first episodes so far each cut into 6 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+5+part+5&aq=f

While Brittania's Huns with their long-range guns
Sailed in through the foggy dew.

[...]"

Last edited by Przemyslaw; 06 Aug 10 at 02:49..
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Aug 10, 07:10
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Pacific will be available on DVD on Nov. 2, 2010. Like I said earlier, just in time for Christmas. You can preorder at Barnes & Noble if you're so inclined.

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...utm_medium=cpc
Old 13 Sep 10, 17:06
Sergeant
United_States
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wolf74 is on the path to success [1-99]
Pre-ordered my copy about a week ago from Amazon.com
Old 13 Sep 10, 17:25
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
Always wonder about people thinking their only alternative is watching it conventionally on TV.

I downloaded the entire series, watched all of it on a 22 wide screen monitor and likely will eventually buy it online through my computer as well.

I have never required my Cable provider (provider, now THAT'S an oxymoron for you).

If you have a computer and the internet (and it appears you do) you have all you ever required to watch anything ever aired anywhere on this planet.
Old 13 Sep 10, 17:53
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Remember, ACG does not condone discussion of pirated versions of movies or documentaries according to forum regulations - this includes versions obtained through torrents or similar P2P file sharing programs.

Last edited by Skoblin; 13 Sep 10 at 17:56..
Old 13 Sep 10, 19:45
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
Yes it is indeed a difficult subject to address.

Fact one, everyone does it to some extent (spare me the denials).

Fact two, it's not nearly all it is said to be (but I'll stick to other hopeless arguments I suppose).

Essentially I only stated an obvious truth, and gave no specific directions on the process. Which I have no desire to do.

My main beef is I just wish the sources of all that is digital, would hurry up and get their collective 20th century butts here in the 21st century.

I have recently been following a show on a site that is actually doing just that.
They air shows legally in same time as air time. For a paid account, you get it a week in advance of the use the site for free crowd. The ad revenue dollars clearly can be arrived at in a host of means. There is a world outside of the 20th century methodology.

I buy my computer wargames via digital download processes that I find agreeable (Matrix Games and Slitherine). I'm happy to give the bird to companies not interested in not putting crap in the software.

The evidence is there, you CAN do business in a world that is incredibly pirate friendly.

Now revolutionary, would be cable services giving us ONLY the shows we wish, through their online services (which we get through cable in a lot of cases), and NOT wasting our dollars on 'package deals' that are no deal at all. For instance French channels. Screw the French. I'll let you know when I give a damn about their French channels (don't hold your breath).
And a long list of other crud I have no use for.
I'd like to be able to say 'yes to this show, no to that show, yes to this news channel, no to that one, and genuinely decide precisely what I want to pay for.
Wouldn't have cable service at all, but my wife insists on watching crap TV.

What I find hilarious though, is my internet services, newsgroups, newshosts, news indexers, I pay for them all through credit card. Paper trail, all entirely visible, and as I see it, NOT ONE BYTE HASN'T BEEN PAID FOR. Disclaimers are what they are, and they are also massively idiotic.
'Oh no, I won't use your service to download illegal data'. Then you look at ALL the data is essentially illegal data.
But I paid for it all fair and square eh.
I have bills.
Anyone wants to drag me into court, can suck on it.

So no, I haven't reeeeeeeally been talking about piracy. That involves theft obtained by taking something with no money having changed hands.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!