Tiller/Matrix Campaign Series Mejor Update
2.00 has many good things:
V2.00 – Feb 12, 2014
• Bug Fixes
◦ Fixed a legacy bug involving BunkerMorale (bunkers were mistakenly using
TrenchMorale), and revised downward BunkerMorale from +4 to +3.
◦ Restored High Details to the Options menu.
◦ Fixed edmap & edit toolbars.
◦ Fixed an inherited edorg date bug.
◦ Fixed an inherited Battle Generator bug.
◦ Fixed inherited, legacy start & stop date bugs.
◦ Fixed the edmap horizontal banding and saw-tooth screen edge legacy bugs.
◦ If PBEM Replay is skipped, fixed bug where animation speed was set to
◦ Fixed an inherited frontend bug where, for the CS, earlier year pre-war
GetDateValue() conversions were missing.
◦ Fixed an inherited bug where, for supply modifiers, dates outside a certain
range might corrupt other game data, or worse perhaps even crash the game.
◦ Fixed the bug where edit failed to save A/I (aggressiveness) values.
◦ Fixed the Night Visible Hexes bug.
◦ Fixed the frontend Turns 0 bug.
◦ Fixed the phantom details button bug in the Damage Results dialog.
◦ Fixed several problems involving gliders.
◦ Fixed the edmap Elevation Max Height < 12 to 19 bug. For EF, WF & RS.
◦ Fixed the eforg Allied Bulgaria 'Unknown' nation bug.
◦ Fixed the edit window title bug.
◦ Fixed a bug involving potential crashes when selecting/deselecting
Background Music or Background Sound.
◦ Fixed a bug where, for PBEM (and possibly also Hot Seat) play, Dynamic
Day/Night & Visibility were inoperative.
◦ The game engine now runs as a full-fledged, resizable, movable windowed
application. Before now, the game engine was a fixed, immobile, full-screen
application. (In future, the player will have the option to switch between the
two game windowed/non-windowed (full-screen) modes.)
◦ Hot keys documented in-game in the Menu Bar options, also in the toolbar
◦ Relocated and resequenced several of the Menu Bar options (in engine mainly,
but also in edit, edmap & edorg).
◦ Variable Animation Speeds.
◦ Changed "slots" and/or "slot" designations for several nations: Australia, New
Zealand, Communist Vietnam, Communist China, South Africa, Philippines.
◦ Merged the Campaign Series & Modern Wars codebases.
◦ Implemented File>New & File>Open in the game engine .exe.
◦ Added TEM & Morale modifiers to the unit Info Box display.
◦ Added new LayManyMines & Commando unit capabilities. (For now, ME &
◦ Moved unit capability (graphical) display from the unit Info Box to (as text)
the Unit Handbook.
◦ Variable highlight colors, available via the Options menu. Includes five new
graphics .bmp files: StackHighlights1D.bmp, StackHighlights2D.bmp,
BaseHighlights3D.bmp, BaseHighlights4D.bmp, BaseHighlights5D.bmp.
Install them in the top-level game folder (alongside the game .exe's).
◦ New Continuous AI Play mode.
◦ New game engine toolbar.
◦ New Units menu options, and toolbar buttons, for: Banzai, Fire Smoke, Fire
◦ New player-selectable A/I options: Aggressiveness, Audacious, Cautious,
◦ New ai.ini AI configuration file.
◦ New Backup Saves option.
◦ New Test Trial Play mode.
◦ New -X NOENCRYPTION command-line option, permitting access to
unencrypted data files (e.g., OOB instead of OBX) (for testing and solo play
only, not for multiplayer).
◦ At the frontend Main Menu, selecting Edit Map takes you directly to the
edmap EXE, bypassing the frontend Map Editor display (no more direct
random map generation).
◦ The frontend Scenarios selection screen no longer displays Backup Saves
◦ Reorganized the nation names & sides Msg strings.
◦ The screen-top main Menu is now fixed, and cannot be toggled off. Removed
the Menu icon from the screen-bottom toolbar, and freed up the Ctrl-M hot
key for other uses.
◦ With High Details in effect, the Damage Report dialog box now reports the
◦ Removed the Details/Delay toggle from the Damage Report. (One sets this in
Options > Highlights.)
◦ With Extreme FOW in effect, High Details are unavailable.
◦ Removed several hard-coded numbers in edit, redoing them as macros instead
(defined in misc.h).
◦ Added support for AlliedFinland & AlliedGermany.
◦ Added game-specific Results & Command dialog boxes.
◦ New feature: dynamic, designer specified day/night & visibility.
◦ Restored game-specific Damage Reports & Command Reports.
◦ For nations ID#s & Msg* strings, fixed many omissions, inconsistencies, and
◦ Implemented a flexible, full-featured logging facility, all EXEs (frontend.log,
engine.log, edit.log, edmap.log, edorg.log, error.log, ai.log).
◦ Added a Redraw Display (Alt-D) menu selection (hot key), for fixing any
graphics glitches and map display corruption.
◦ Added Jump Map (J) menu selection (& hot key) to edit & edmap.
◦ Like engine, edit & edmap now have all available hot keys annotated in the
top-level menu, also in the status bar.
◦ Incorporated Warhorse's new terraind.bmp files, all regions. These support
elevations from 0 to +19.
◦ Incorporated Warhorse's new Beachd.bmp files. These show beaches in
the proper sandy color.
◦ Coded in support for elevations > 12, also separate beach graphics.
◦ For all logging, added the option to show in-EXE message pop-ups indicating
significant, noteworthy error conditions.
◦ Implemented a functioning in-game (for engine only) F1 General Help access
of the CS Manual PDF file.
◦ On edorg launch, added a message box warning of data loading/processing
◦ Redid the implementation of Variable Visibility (optional rule). (Note:
Visibility varies only once per turn. The same Visibility applies throughout the
turn, both sides, all phases.)
◦ In the engine, F2 now summons the EBOOK version of the game Manual
(with table of contents), no longer the LIGHT version.
◦ Toned down some needlessly worrisome logging "errors".
◦ At the Status Bar, clarified use of the Unit Handbook icon.
◦ Due to a, for now, unfixable bug, retired Hot Seat Replay. Will be fixed and
restored in future. (Standard & PBEM Replay remain intact.)
◦ Changed the WF window border & toolbar color to match the EF color. (Had
been matching the tropical RS color.)
◦ Fine tuned the "duplicate ID" error messages in edorg.log.
◦ Further refined the error messages in edorg.log, adding file & line number
where the error occurs.
◦ Improved (if not quite fixed) night shading in ZoomIn25 (3-key) map mode.
Includes three new files: Gray3d.bmp, Gray4d.bmp, Gray5d.bmp.
◦ If a unit has no assigned Unit Handbook picture file, attempt to display any
graphic defined in its bitmap3d field instead.