StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 10 Jun 17, 21:57
Lieutenant General
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Makes sense, and having riddled the buildings to the south (and dislodged a Soviet ambush, incidentally) absent orders to the contrary you will move up in support 200m behind von Pruitt.
Old 10 Jun 17, 21:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
No time to call you back anyway.....unfortunately, this one is down to the Jaeger, the PaK, and if it's close enough, grenades on the engine deck followed by close assault.....or worst case, close assault, snatch the hatch open, and gun down the crew from the top.
Old 12 Jun 17, 00:37
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
I couldn't find a border between grid squares 2104 and 2014, but based on your location and the requirement to "have an open field of fire all the way to the center of town" your men (and GM) decided you wanted it set up on or by the road on the border of the grid squares 2004 and 2104, nestled between the buildings on either side of the road. It can certainly be redeployed eastwards as indicated on your map, although this would not give visibility all the way up the road to the Town Hall.

Based on current location, you have visibility on the women in 1204 (east side of the road).

That is 1200 yards away... and the terrain between here and there is swept by enemy fire.
Or is it?

Gents, I think that the reason we have enemy tanks in our rear is because our attack has been interrupted by an enemy attack, and the unit on our flak may have already collapsed.

I can try to use my own radio to find out what is going on, now that I have one, but I would like to talk to my own HQ first.
Old 12 Jun 17, 02:15
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Already on it Leutnant. You're the ground commander of the reserve, I need you to fight your platoon and whatever HQ resources you need to clean up our rear. I've given orders for all AT assets to engage that tank, and for the HQ troops to put grenades on the engine deck and close assault once it's stopped if it gets close to any of them.
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:18
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Lt. Kolzenf feels the urge to give Hauptmann Heinz a spoonful of his own medicine and to issue commands to the company, but is able to restrain himself
He is actually looking for Heinz' presence in the courtyard in order to facilitate coordination of the joint defence.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 13 Jun 17, 10:02
Lieutenant General
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
For the sake of clarity, I've provided an (edited) intel map with the 1120 update - just for absolute final clarity on who or what is where.

"Sq 1/2" means "Rifle Squad, 1st of 2nd Platoon".
Old 13 Jun 17, 10:37
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Gvd, I'm in the middle of some sort of pre registered artillery barrage, how come the fire is from the North suddenly - not a typo ??

How long 'till the next update ?

Edit, neat map btw, much appreciated

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Last edited by Snowygerry; 13 Jun 17 at 11:49..
Old 13 Jun 17, 13:11
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I must admit that I feel a bit, what the Germans call 'unheimisch':
estranged; ill at ease, on this map

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 13 Jun 17, 17:55
Lieutenant General
Australia

Snowy

No, "the north" is correct for this update - and it's just the three rounds... for the time being. Glad you like the map, I had some fun with it.

Colonel Sennef

It's certainly a more... cluttered map than I've had to fight on myself.

Positive is that the short lines of sight (in many places) reduces the risk of fire from another Kampfgruppe's sector.

The enemy can be so inconsiderate when they refuse to follow your plan of attack.
Old 13 Jun 17, 19:09
General of the Forums
United_States
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

We will improvise, adapt, and overcome "Semper Gumby!"

I get where you're coming from Colonel, the North being oriented anywhere but up takes some getting used to, but in one way it adds a bit of natural confusion that we don't get since we have the luxury of giving orders while not being shot at.....sometimes while not even wearing pants.

Things are progressing somewhat as I expected. I'm already seeing a couple of flaws in my plan, mostly due to where I placed the various platoons. But we will work through those. Biggest flaw was not recognizing the importance of 5th platoons larger manpower reserves but low firepower/manpower ratio. I'm seeking to rectify that problem both with scouting for a way to flank to the West (4th Platoon's job) and actually hitting from the east rather than the originally planned holding action to pin the Soviets down (2nd Platoon's job).

I think once we get rolling, we have the resources to push though. I hate that we lost the 75mm gun, and in future (if I survive and none of you complain to high command for my ouster) I'll probably plan differently (had I known the full extent of the mission, I think I would have brought the Pioneers, 5cm, or MG squad instead in that order).

But we'll have plenty of time for all that....everyone is doing well and making progress. We really don't have to pick up the pace, we just need to break up some pockets and we'll be right on schedule. If we get a real breakthrough and get them on the run, I'll deploy 4th platoon to do some machine gunning of fleeing troops in the street.

Old 13 Jun 17, 19:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Remember, if you sit where the artillery is falling, you get pounded. If you move somewhere else, the artillery will have to try and follow you. If you keep moving, it probably will never find you at all.
Old 13 Jun 17, 19:33
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Am I going to get some support or will I be left hanging in the wind?

von Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 13 Jun 17, 21:43
General of the Forums
United_States
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Support is coming. Can't leave you hanging, but at the same time the rest of the advance has to move up, otherwise anyone sent out to you will just be hanging in the air as well.....
Old 13 Jun 17, 21:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
Am I going to get some support or will I be left hanging in the wind?

von Pruitt
Sorry, some annoying gnats had to be swatted. We'll be there momentarily.
Old 14 Jun 17, 05:09
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
Snowy

No, "the north" is correct for this update - and it's just the three rounds... for the time being. Glad you like the map, I had some fun with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
(...)
I get where you're coming from Colonel, the North being oriented anywhere but up takes some getting used to,
Wait one moment...the map is a jpg on my desktop here, is there some sort of orientation I missed on the original one ??

I just assumed it followed the classic "North is up" pattern ?

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!