StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 12 Sep 17, 21:41
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99]
Sergio Dipp

What do you think of this Sergio Dipp guy on ESPN?

ESPN put some amateur reporter on Monday Night Football because he was Mexican, but he stumbled through it and social media ripped on him. Then he went to his hotel, basically crying, and went on a rant about being a minority.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...tands-america/

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:21
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rush Bimobaugh

[COLOR=Blue][I]Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:51
Major
United_States

III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99] III Corps is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by American87 View Post
...What do you think of this Sergio Dipp guy on ESPN?...
Nothing. Off hand, I can't recall the last time anything on ESPN changed my life.
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by III Corps View Post
Nothing. Off hand, I can't recall the last time anything on ESPN changed my life.
Same here. I quit watching Monday Football years ago when it was on ABC and Joe Namath was one of the color guys. Just awful.

And has anybody watched Sportscenter lately? Horrible now. They put more emphasis on what's happening on social media rather than what's actually happening on the field. I watch them for college football games and nothing else.
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

ESPN put some amateur reporter on Monday Night Football because he was Mexican, but he stumbled through it and social media ripped on him. Then he went to his hotel, basically crying, and went on a rant about being a minority.

The second that you include a link to Rush "the human kielbasa" Limbaugh you lost credibility; that is the same fat jerk that claimed that Hurricane Irma was a leftist conspiracy. Try again with a credible source the Wall Street Journal or the BBC, heck even the New York Post would be a better source!

Quote:
Limbaugh Suggests Hurricane Irma is a Liberal Hoax

https://www.yahoo.com/news/limbaugh-...hurricane-irma...

Sep 05, 2017 · A map shows a forecast and potential path of Hurricane Irma. Reuters . The journalist John K. Wilson has called Limbaugh “the country's leading denier of ...

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:21
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:

Well I did not watch the first game, but from your link it looked like Mr Dipp felt a bit out of place, but maybe give the guy some time and plus do we know for sure that Dipp only got the job because he is Mexican?

Btw Dipp looks whiter then most white Americans.

In a similar story the 2nd mon night game had a female announcer with Rex Ryan doing color commentary. I thought the lady did great but Rex dropped the ball. Afaik Ryan has no announcing exp what so ever where as at least the Mexican guy had experience. Sometimes ESPN just likes to make oddball moves it seems.
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:27
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bass_Man86 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Well I did not watch the first game, but from your link it looked like Mr Dipp felt a bit out of place, but maybe give the guy some time and plus do we know for sure that Dipp only got the job because he is Mexican?

In a similar story the 2nd mon night game had a female announcer with Rex Ryan doing color commentary. I thought the lady did great but Rex dropped the ball. Afaik Ryan has no announcing exp what so ever where as at least the Mexican guy had experience. Sometimes ESPN just likes to make oddball moves it seems.
Hell, the kid is certainly whiter than my Sicilian grandfather! But I am sure that Rush does not realize that Italians are mostly brown. Take a look at the late Antonin Scalia and tell me that he looked white.

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:43
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
Hell, the kid is certainly whiter than my Sicilian grandfather! But I am sure that Rush does not realize that Italians are mostly brown. Take a look at the late Antonin Scalia and tell me that he looked white.
Good point. Rush whom has been married 4 times has been able to get millions of fans across America. I like to look up Irish and Italian Americans who honor the true American family values, some of my older relatives have been In 50+ year marriages. Limbaugh should not throw stones from his glass house. But its amazing isn't it the kind of lifestyle some GOP folks look up to.
Old 13 Sep 17, 13:31
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Good point. Rush whom has been married 4 times has been able to get millions of fans across America. I like to look up Irish and Italian Americans who honor the true American family values, some of my older relatives have been In 50+ year marriages. Limbaugh should not throw stones from his glass house. But its amazing isn't it the kind of lifestyle some GOP folks look up to.
What do his marriages have to do with the subject?

Old 13 Sep 17, 13:35
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
What do his marriages have to do with the subject?

Rush claims to be for conservative values. Im not meaning to pass judgment just saying Rush should not throw verbal stones at Obama or Clinton when it comes to moral issues and he often does this.
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Sep 17, 15:11
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:

Why do you think ESPN picked an amateur announcer who was Mexican and talked about diversity live on the air? It seems obvious that ESPN is falling into the "diverse," liberal groupthink, and will trade talent for diverse skin colors.

Do you really think his skin appearance matters? He's Mexican born and raised and his vision of America is the liberal ideal of diversity, immigration, yadda yadda. He had this "agenda" where he would be a Mexican immigrant going on the opening MNF game, talk about diversity, and be a hero for it. You can hear the excitement in his voice. But social media ripped on him because he sucked, and he went on a rant about being a minority.

Old 13 Sep 17, 17:59
General of the Forums
England
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Dibble201Bty has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ESPN

Paul
Can win mans heart for you;
And many a blessing know to stew
To make a megloamaniac bright;
Give honour to the dainty Corse,
The Pixie is a little shite.
Old 13 Sep 17, 18:18
ACG Forums - Field Marshall
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build SPQR Campaign 

Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ESPN probably knew actually what he was going to say. They've gone political and wanted to push the diversity issue since the game also featured the first female announcer/commentator.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg
Old 13 Sep 17, 22:25
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Why do you think ESPN picked an amateur announcer who was Mexican and talked about diversity live on the air? It seems obvious that ESPN is falling into the "diverse," liberal groupthink, and will trade talent for diverse skin colors.

Do you really think his skin appearance matters? He's Mexican born and raised and his vision of America is the liberal ideal of diversity, immigration, yadda yadda. He had this "agenda" where he would be a Mexican immigrant going on the opening MNF game, talk about diversity, and be a hero for it. You can hear the excitement in his voice. But social media ripped on him because he sucked, and he went on a rant about being a minority.
I dont mind ESPN celebrating having the Mexican guy and female announcer on mon night.

Liberals built America, Washington, Roosevelt and Lincoln were liberals. You may be surprised though that ESPN recently punished one of its employees for calling Trump a white supremacist.

ESPN Reprimands Jemele Hill For Calling Trump ‘White Supremacist’

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/espn...st-1202556517/
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:06
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
I dont mind ESPN celebrating having the Mexican guy and female announcer on mon night.

Liberals built America, Washington, Roosevelt and Lincoln were liberals. You may be surprised though that ESPN recently punished one of its employees for calling Trump a white supremacist.

ESPN Reprimands Jemele Hill For Calling Trump ‘White Supremacist’

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/espn...st-1202556517/
Was ESPN celebrating it? They had him on, and social media ripped on him. I didn't see ESPN celebrating.

I think you are confusing classical liberalism with modern liberalism. FDR is a modern liberal, sure, but not Washington or Lincoln.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!