HistoryNet.com RSS
ArmchairGeneral.com RSS

HistoryNet.com Articles
America's Civil War
American History
Aviation History
Civil War Times
MHQ
Military History
Vietnam
Wild West
World War II

ACG Online
ACG Magazine
Stuff We Like
War College
History News
Tactics 101
Carlo D'Este
Books

ACG Gaming
Boardgames
PC Game Reviews

ACG Network
Contact Us
Our Newsletter
Meet Our Staff
Advertise With Us

Sites We Support
HistoryNet.com
StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > World War II

Notices and Announcements

World War II Discuss WW2. .

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 28 Feb 12, 18:48
grosnain's Avatar
grosnain grosnain is offline
Brigadier General
France
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: rennes
Posts: 2,287
grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200] grosnain is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
From Panzer Leader, Guderian's memories

"On October 10 th [...] The next few weeks were dominated by mud" p 237

"Army Group Centre's attack was also held up bt the weather." p 240

"On October 18th [...]To the north of Second Panzer Army the 19th Panzer Division occupied Maloyaroslavets." p 240

"This was not the month of May and we were not fighting in France!" p 247 when Guderian received Gorki as objective.

"By October 30th the LIII Army Corps [...] During this march it had suffered much from the prevailing mud and had been unable to take all its motorised vehicles , in particular its heavy artillery, with it." p 245

Some samples of Guderians quotes regading weather effect on operation that affect not only front units but also logistic (hence the lack of "fuel ammo troops cigarettes".)
You see the battle in his general aspect, you should look it day by day.
While Guderian is stooped by mud, at the same time the 1rst PZD (viazma success) take kalinin. Guderian started Typhoon under supplied, so any grain of salt stoped him : fuel already at Orel, russians remnants here and there (briansk failure), a bunch of t 34 coming from the Stalingrad area ambushing germans behind a river, the roads broken by armor, the trucks "drinkin" part of the fuel on the way back to the front, cars and trucks coming from western europe and totaly worned.
The first success of Typhoon are coming from many factors (...), one of them is that the Russians didn't expected any advance towards Moscow : they protected Leningrad and the south. When Guderian shifted north, he took Orel easely.

Iam not saying that mud didn't affected germans. It did. But germans problems were far above the mud. Already worned and over extended, they should have understood the situation end october. Waiting the cold for better roads was a mirage and "self-suggestion" not to see the truth.
At the end they even called and summoned the "Will". Far from the General Staff professionalism...
  #62  
Old 28 Feb 12, 18:52
Metryll's Avatar
Metryll Metryll is offline
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toulon, France
Posts: 7,295
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljadw View Post
mostly(or always?) when a discusson is started about the RKKA,the result,after a few pages,is that people are discussing about ....the Wehrmacht (as now and here :the impact of the weather on Typhoon).Why is this ? Bias? ...
German had the initiative, its quite logical to chek there about some of reasons of Red Army regaining it. It would make no sense to argue about Red Army sucess in late 1941 without knowing what happened on the other side.

Quote:
Well noticed, ljadw! Some people are much more likely to jump on their hobby-horses no matter what the discussion is about. Getting back to the old topic, it's not just the mythical "inaccessibility" of the archives (how did Glantz and others access them?), it's the willingness to preserve a convenient status quo for the pro-German party. The Russian researchers are to blame for it too -they are locked in their own bubble and most of them don't read English, not speaking of participating in history forums like this. Heck, even when you find those who read and participate - have you ever seen Amvas or Andrey peep out of their little pen of RKKA forum? They could contribute a lot, but they don't.
So everyone that check about facts has to discard them because you labeled them as pro-German. Is a pro-Russian only better because you prefer it ? Have we to refer to East Front as The Great Patriotic War only because pro-Russian view simply erase West and Pacific ? (And I've a quite clear remembering to have learnt one or two things about Pacific war to Andrey )
  #63  
Old 28 Feb 12, 18:58
Metryll's Avatar
Metryll Metryll is offline
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toulon, France
Posts: 7,295
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grosnain View Post
You see the battle in his general aspect, you should look it day by day.
While Guderian is stooped by mud, at the same time the 1rst PZD (viazma success) take kalinin. Guderian started Typhoon under supplied, so any grain of salt stoped him : fuel already at Orel, russians remnants here and there (briansk failure), a bunch of t 34 coming from the Stalingrad area ambushing germans behind a river, the roads broken by armor, the trucks "drinkin" part of the fuel on the way back to the front, cars and trucks coming from western europe and totaly worned.
The first success of Typhoon are coming from many factors (...), one of them is that the Russians didn't expected any advance towards Moscow : they protected Leningrad and the south. When Guderian shifted north, he took Orel easely.

Iam not saying that mud didn't affected germans. It did. But germans problems were far above the mud. Already worned and over extended, they should have understood the situation end october. Waiting the cold for better roads was a mirage and "self-suggestion" not to see the truth.
At the end they even called and summoned the "Will". Far from the General Staff professionalism...
My point is that mud and winter hampered German above existing conditions. For an unknow reason, posters here want to attach weather effect only to front line units. It dont, all the logistical net is too hampered. With summer, early autumn condition, times would have been quite difficult for Russians. Have a look on a Typhoon map between October 1st and December 5th and note how much terrain German were able to cross with bad supply. Can one argue that advance would have been the same with a good one ? I dont
  #64  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:01
ShAA's Avatar
ShAA ShAA is offline
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 12,048
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
So everyone that check about facts has to discard them because you labeled them as pro-German.

What a nice strawman you've just made. Which facts and labels are you speaking about now? We get posters every now and then who treat German memoirs as a Bible and the conventional Western view of the war, originally nearly exclusively based upon them, started changing only very recently. A lot of facts and events have been reinterpreted thanks to people like Glantz, and you aren't happy about this


Quote:
Is a pro-Russian only better because you prefer it ?
What about a balanced approach like the one Glantz, Overy and Jones take? Can't you fathom the possibility?

Quote:
Have we to refer to East Front as The Great Patriotic War only because pro-Russian view simply erase West and Pacific ?
Huh, what?

Quote:
(And I've a quite clear remembering to have learnt one or two things about Pacific war to Andrey )
Really? Cool, I don't remember a single post he's ever made outside the RKKA (and maybe Russia forum)
__________________
www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
  #65  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:08
Destroyer25's Avatar
Destroyer25 Destroyer25 is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: "Dest"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,687
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
On November 17, Guderian wrote :

"We are only nearing our final objective step by step in this icy cold and all the troops suffering from the appaling supply situation. The difficulties of supplying by raimroads are constantly increasing -that is the main cause of our shortages, since without fuel the trucks cant move".

Note that Guderian talk only of weather, not of any other cause such as partisans or Russian actvities.

Actually Guderian and his subbordinates complained about weather as soon than October. In no way it's a post action justification.

In other words weather had an impact on German operationnal capabilities
The writings of the field commanders must be taken with a pinch of salt.

First of all, during Operation Typhoon, Guderian's 2nd Panzer Armee ran out of fuel on October 3rd, 4 days before the first snowfall of the season. Prior to that things were pretty dry, yet Guderian still ran out of fuel and ammo in less than 1 week of combat operations.

Secondly, the rasputitza period of October 7th-Nobember 15th did not immobile the Germans. This is a myth. XIII Armeekorps and XII Armeekorps -which were infantry- both advanced 70-80km in 5 days, the 1st Panzer Division advanced 75km in the same time and captured Kalinin, threatening to split the Northwestern and Western Fronts. By October 24th Heeres Gruppe Mitte had 5 Panzer Divisions within 100km of Moscow. By October 28th Kampfgruppe Eberbach had reached Tula, it advanced 120km in one week to do so.

The impact of the weather on Operation Typhoon has been greatly overestimated, and the theory that it was the decisive factor in it's failure has already been disproved as a myth.

I suggest you read Moscow 1941: Hitler's first defeat, by Robert Forczyk. Pages 90-92 will explain the weather factor and why Typhoon failed. I may or may not have a pdf that you can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
Remove mud and snow, then increasing supply situation and I see no reasons for Germans to not continue their offensive. Summer 1942 show this quite clearly I'd say
If you're asserting that if the weather did not exist, Germany could have won in 1941, that's debatable.
__________________
A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.
  #66  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:12
Destroyer25's Avatar
Destroyer25 Destroyer25 is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: "Dest"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,687
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
I'm not arguing that 1941 Red Army won all combats but that they did not lost all of them. See the difference ?
Ok, but they still lost most of them during 1941.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
When Guderian met Bock on November 23rd and argued about, among other, "..., the lack of winter clothing, the breakdown of the supply system" in order to cancel offensive, what does this mean to you ?
It means that the Russian rail network was inadequate for supplying ACG's advance.
__________________
A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.
  #67  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:16
Scott Fraser's Avatar
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline
Lieutenant General
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Real Name: Scott Fraser
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,033
Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700] Scott Fraser is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
On November 17, Guderian wrote :

"We are only nearing our final objective step by step in this icy cold and all the troops suffering from the appaling supply situation. The difficulties of supplying by raimroads are constantly increasing -that is the main cause of our shortages, since without fuel the trucks cant move".

Note that Guderian talk only of weather, not of any other cause such as partisans or Russian actvities.

Actually Guderian and his subbordinates complained about weather as soon than October. In no way it's a post action justification.

In other words weather had an impact on German operational capabilities
Weather had an impact on German operational capabilities, but the reason for that is that the Germans had not planned for it. Blame the Germans, not the weather!

Quote:
Remove mud and snow, then increasing supply situation and I see no reasons for Germans to not continue their offensive. Summer 1942 show this quite clearly I'd say
It is not possible to remove mud and snow from a Russian winter. That is self-evident. It comes every year, and when it gets very cold, men and vehicles freeze. But oh, those poor Germans, you have to feel sorry for them. They got taken by surprise. It's a fairy tale.

Bad planning and worse logistics doomed the Wehrmacht before Moscow. Guderian was complaining so bitterly because he, better than anyone, knew he was out of time as well as fuel. Blitzkrieg had failed. The rasputitsa and the cold merely sealed his fate.

Regards
Scott Fraser
  #68  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:22
Destroyer25's Avatar
Destroyer25 Destroyer25 is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: "Dest"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,687
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fraser View Post
Bad planning and worse logistics doomed the Wehrmacht before Moscow. Guderian was complaining so bitterly because he, better than anyone, knew he was out of time as well as fuel. Blitzkrieg had failed. The rasputitsa and the cold merely sealed his fate.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Not sure I agree with that. Blitzkrieg was a huge success, Germany did not fail because of the weather or the Red Army it's self, they failed because the Russian network was inadequate and they were extremely optimistic with regards to logistical planning. Had ACG had just two more Eisenbahn regiments things could have been very different.
__________________
A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.
  #69  
Old 28 Feb 12, 19:57
Metryll's Avatar
Metryll Metryll is offline
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toulon, France
Posts: 7,295
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post
What a nice strawman you've just made. Which facts and labels are you speaking about now? We get posters every now and then who treat German memoirs as a Bible and the conventional Western view of the war, originally nearly exclusively based upon them, started changing only very recently. A lot of facts and events have been reinterpreted thanks to people like Glantz, and you aren't happy about this
In what Glantz change Guderian writing during the events ? FYI I'm neither pro-German or even anti-Russian, I'm primilary interested in US Armed force. So your rant about me is non sensical, Im' neutral.

Quote:
What about a balanced approach like the one Glantz, Overy and Jones take? Can't you fathom the possibility?
Once again in what Glantz, Overy and Jones contradict Guderian on point I've posted ? You claim that my facts are incorrect but provide nothing to support your own position. So much about who produce strawman...

Quote:
Huh, what?
You argue, wrongly, that my position is pro-German. I ask you in what a Russian view could be better. Still waiting the answer...

Quote:
Really? Cool, I don't remember a single post he's ever made outside the RKKA (and maybe Russia forum)
Use search functions with Andrey as keywords, you'll find plenty of them
  #70  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:03
Metryll's Avatar
Metryll Metryll is offline
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toulon, France
Posts: 7,295
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fraser View Post
Weather had an impact on German operational capabilities, but the reason for that is that the Germans had not planned for it. Blame the Germans, not the weather!
Dont say otherwise. My point is that with good weather Russians situation would have been quite difficult. And so far no one has been able to counter this point. It's a thing to state, correctly, that German badly planned when they did not taken into account weather but it's another to support the idea that with proper supply they could not have done better than they did.
Sponsored Links

  #71  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:05
Metryll's Avatar
Metryll Metryll is offline
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toulon, France
Posts: 7,295
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500] Metryll is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Ok, but they still lost most of them during 1941.
And mainly due to high command errors (my starting point).

Quote:
It means that the Russian rail network was inadequate for supplying ACG's advance.
Actually starting with October/November German could mainly rely only on railroad as they are relatively immune to weather unlike earth road.
  #72  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:10
Destroyer25's Avatar
Destroyer25 Destroyer25 is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: "Dest"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,687
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
And mainly due to high command errors (my starting point).
To blame it only on STAVKA would be nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryll View Post
Actually starting with October/November German could mainly rely only on railroad as they are relatively immune to weather unlike earth road.
The weather had a MINIMAL impact on operations. It was all about rail capacity and how fast the Eisenbahn regiments could convert the gauge on the railroads.

I also see you ignored my main response to you.
__________________
A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.
  #73  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:22
The Ibis's Avatar
The Ibis The Ibis is offline
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,375
The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
To blame it only on STAVKA would be nonsensical.



The weather had a MINIMAL impact on operations. It was all about rail capacity and how fast the Eisenbahn regiments could convert the gauge on the railroads.

I also see you ignored my main response to you.
Dest, have you read Mierzejewski's The Most Valuable Asset of the Reich yet?
  #74  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:24
Destroyer25's Avatar
Destroyer25 Destroyer25 is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: "Dest"
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,687
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ibis View Post
Dest, have you read Mierzejewski's The Most Valuable Asset of the Reich yet?
Yet? Was I suppose to?

__________________
A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.
  #75  
Old 28 Feb 12, 20:26
The Ibis's Avatar
The Ibis The Ibis is offline
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 7,375
The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Ibis has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Yet? Was I suppose to?

iron has mentioned it a few times. If you're interested in the rail aspects of Barbarossa, its the source.

Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!


Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:19.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.