HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Armchair Attacks! > Summer Campaign 2007

Notices and Announcements

Summer Campaign 2007 Summer 2007 Tournament.

View Poll Results: Who Would YOU Vote For?
Saladin 36 36.73%
Adolphus 62 63.27%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jul 07, 15:36
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500]
RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500]
Saladin:

Hey, it rhymes with Paladin.
Old 22 Jul 07, 01:45
Staff Sergeant
United_States
Summer Campaign 

Col. Dyess is on the path to success [1-99] Col. Dyess is on the path to success [1-99]
Have Sword, Will Travel!!!
Old 22 Jul 07, 04:48
General of the Forums
EU
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 
Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Finally...Saladin is getting his butt kicked...it's about time!
Adolphus for me !
Saladin should'eve never gotten this far in the first place !...

Greets,
Stratego

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

This is Sin City

BORG
Old 22 Jul 07, 14:13
General of the Forums
United_States
March Offensive Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award 
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
This is the toughest one of the round for me and both sides make some compelling arguments. In the end, Saladin's ability to get different tribes to work together was the tie breaker. I think about everything going on in Iraq right now and anyone that can get different tribes on the same page gets my vote!
Old 22 Jul 07, 18:40
Banned
United_States
March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
This is the toughest one of the round for me and both sides make some compelling arguments. In the end, Saladin's ability to get different tribes to work together was the tie breaker. I think about everything going on in Iraq right now and anyone that can get different tribes on the same page gets my vote!
Saladin got different tribes to unite because he was a conquerer of many tribes. Gustavus got different States to work together because of his victories against the common enemy.
Sponsored Links

Old 23 Jul 07, 01:42
Captain
United_States
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign - Winner! 

KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200] KGPanzerschrecK is walking in the light [200]
I voted for Saladin in the last two rounds because he was the better general. This round im voting for Adolphus because i feel he is a better general than Saladin. It has nothing to do with race or skin color or the current war in Iraq.
Old 23 Jul 07, 12:37
Sergeant Major
United_States
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

vicfirth311 is on the path to success [1-99] vicfirth311 is on the path to success [1-99]
Adolphus for me, he invented tactics that would be used by military powers until WW I
Old 23 Jul 07, 14:10
Banned
United_States
March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99]
When considering the great captains of history, Napoleon put Adolphus in the list right after the greats of ancient times. It's a no-brainer here.
Old 24 Jul 07, 19:22
Private
United_States

Sweeney is on the path to success [1-99]
Adolphus has got my vote because of the impact he had on western military science and developement. His field artillery just kicked ass!
Old 25 Jul 07, 10:04
Sergeant Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

Iron Brigade is on the path to success [1-99] Iron Brigade is on the path to success [1-99] Iron Brigade is on the path to success [1-99] Iron Brigade is on the path to success [1-99] Iron Brigade is on the path to success [1-99]
I'll say Adolphus.

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!