HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Orders of Battle

Notices and Announcements

Orders of Battle Orders-of-battle, TO&E's, and related information on who fought where and what they brought to the battle.

Old 12 Jun 06, 20:29
Sergeant
United_States

Feldwebel Crin is on the path to success [1-99]
Dak Oob 1941

For the Red Orchestra Mod Burning Sands, I need to find out the order of battle for the following divisions to the companie or battalion level:
90th Light
15th Panzer
21st Panzer
5th Light

Italian units will not be needed at all, since we are not doing Italians until after our first release. If no one can tell me anything, please direct me to somewhere I can find this information out.

Thank You
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 12 Jun 06, 23:44
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300]
Crin, this is the sight I use for the mod I'm involved with:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...liederung2.htm

Not too hard to muddle through, however takes some patience. If that doesn't work, let me know.
Old 13 Jun 06, 14:46
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
A quick note,...

...5th light division and 21st pz Div are the same unit,...the former was renamed the latter when a few more troops were added in the summer of 41

I have some info at home and will post something for you tonight. It is not perfect or 100% but it will fill in many of the blanks.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
Edit:

By Operation Crusader the OoB and TO&E for German forces had settled down with the influx of reinforcements between May and October.

Attached to HQ DAK:

Kampfstaffel Afrika (a mixed pz coy,...sort of)
288th Special Battalion (Brandenbergers?)
Ist Bn of 18th Flak Reg't (Luft)
Ist Bn of 33rd Flak Reg't (Luft)
606th AT Bn
617th AT Bn
104th Art Brigade
Afrika Art Brigade

21st Panzer consisted of:

3rd Recon Battalion
5th Pz Reg't w/ 2 panzer battalions
104th Motor Reg't w/ two motorized infantry battalions
708th Inf Gun Coy
200th pioneer battalion
605 JgPz Battalion (Jgpz Is) [attached]
39 AT Battalion
155th Art Reg't (3 battalions

15th Panzer consisted of:

33rd Recon Battalion
15th Motorcycle Battalion
8th Pz Reg't w/ 2 panzer battalions
Ist Bn of 115th Motorized reg't
2nd MG Battalion
707th Inf Gun Coy
33rd Pioneer Battalion
33rd At Battalion
33rd Art Reg't

90th Light Division (Afrika) consisted of:

580th Recon Coy
IInd Bn of 115th Motorized Reg't (from 15th Pz Div)
361st Infantry Reg't w/ 2 Battalions
155th Infantry Reg't w/ 3 Battalions
IIIrd Bn of 255th Inf Reg't
IIIrd Bn of 347th Inf Reg't

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Last edited by The Purist; 14 Jun 06 at 00:38..
Old 18 Jun 06, 20:08
Sergeant
United_States

Sorry, a little more..

The team wants more information, this time throughout the entire African campaign (don't worry about 1940 right now), including British/Commonwealth and Italian troops. I know this is a good bit, so if anyone could give me a link to where I can find all of this on my own I'll be happy.
Old 18 Jun 06, 20:41
England
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Purist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I don't have internet sources but I'll rifle through various books and games and see what I can come up with for arrival of divisions and brigades in the theatre from Sept 1940 through Dec 1942. I have less information on the Torch side and the forces their but will through in what I can.

Will this be of any help to you?

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.
Old 18 Jun 06, 21:05
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Full Monty has disabled reputation
Finding detailed information on the Italians is a nightmare compared to the Germans and the British/Commonwealth formations.
Old 18 Jun 06, 21:09
Sergeant
United_States

I said the same thing once in our forums. I don't really want to take the time for the Italians until we seriously think of including them in the mod, they aren't in priority.
Old 19 Jun 06, 22:03
England

How does one do a game about the war in the desert without 60% of the axis forces???

Old 20 Jun 06, 09:38
Sergeant
United_States

It's too much for the first release. We want to get an alpha out, and maybe after the first or second beta we will start working on them. A good part of the team hasn't done anything like this, so we're not going to spend the next 5 years on our first release just to get everything. That's what patches are for.

I pushed the team for having Italians in the first place, but I agree with the team leader that we shouldn't focus on Italians right now.
Old 27 Jun 06, 22:18
Sergeant
United_States

Seriously, can anyone help me with this?
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Jul 06, 21:16
England

Sorry, been offline for most of the last week. Give me a few days and I'll I see what I can dig up for 1940-41 for the Brits and Germs.

Old 06 Jul 06, 10:44
General of the Forums
Canada
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldwebel Crin
The team wants more information, this time throughout the entire African campaign (don't worry about 1940 right now), including British/Commonwealth and Italian troops. I know this is a good bit, so if anyone could give me a link to where I can find all of this on my own I'll be happy.

Found this for you

http://cgsc.cdmhost.com/cgi-bin/show...ll8&CISOPTR=55

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!