StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 06 Oct 17, 12:34
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
Very possible, but once again we're talking 5 months, not going to be much help as 'timed served'.
So all this time Bergdahl has been "held" -- RoR'ed, actually -- without charges? Wouldn't that constitute a violation of his constitutional rights as a criminal defendant?
Old 06 Oct 17, 12:43
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
So all this time Bergdahl has been "held" -- RoR'ed, actually -- without charges? Wouldn't that constitute a violation of his constitutional rights as a criminal defendant?
Until the more serious charge was added in June his status was:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/17...-november.html

Quote:
Bergdahl can come and go the same as any other soldier from Fort Sam Houston, where he works a desk job in a headquarters unit, handling "a lot of administrative work that needs to be done. Paperwork, moving stuff from place to place, things like that," Howard said.
Old 06 Oct 17, 12:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
That applies to defectors? Name-calling deleted - ACG Staff

Quote:
How did he interfer in the justice system? The charges he plead is pleading guilty to were brought during the Obama admin.

No one left behind. Those words either mean something or you're just flapping your mouth.
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 06 Oct 17 at 18:31..
Old 06 Oct 17, 12:57
General of the Forums
United_States

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Name-calling deleted - ACG Staff

Yes. Read it again. Do you see an exception. We bring everyone back, even if it's to turn around and through them in military prison.

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 06 Oct 17 at 18:32..
Old 06 Oct 17, 13:22
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Until the more serious charge was added in June his status was:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/17...-november.html
Quote:
Bergdahl can come and go the same as any other soldier from Fort Sam Houston, where he works a desk job in a headquarters unit, handling "a lot of administrative work that needs to be done. Paperwork, moving stuff from place to place, things like that," Howard said.
So he can leave the installation. Can he leave the state? Can he leave the country? Did he have to surrender his passport, assuming he had one in the first place?

In that sense, his duties at Ft Sam Houston constituted a form of parole, and his supervisor a parole officer, in that Bergdahl did have to report daily. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
For what it's worth, I agree with you, that Pres Obama made a real mistake offering to negotiate for Bergdahl, offering illegal combatant prisoners in exchange for Bergdahl -- but your dig to CE was completely uncalled for.

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 06 Oct 17 at 18:34..
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Oct 17, 13:30
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Problem with pleading guilty to anything in any legal case (not just this one) is that you go down without a fight and it's therefore an open invite for the judge to throw the book at you.
But if you plead not guilty, at least you'll have a chance to stand in the witness box and give your full side of it, it's called "having your day in court"..
For example when I was facing a vigilante rap in 2002 my solicitor wanted me to plead guilty but I said no way hozay, and I was able to sing my head off in the witness box about the corruption and incompetence in our local police that forced me to take the law into my own hands, and it felt good to see the newspaper reporters at the back of the courtroom scribbling down my words.
I got a 3-month sentence but it was well worth it..
Old 06 Oct 17, 13:40
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Clean-up - ACG Staff

Just like the Iran deal, Obama was a total moron.

Quote:
Yes. Read it again. Do you see an exception. We bring everyone back, even if it's to turn around and through them in military prison.
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster

Last edited by Daemon of Decay; 06 Oct 17 at 18:34..
Old 06 Oct 17, 13:44
General of the Forums
United_States

How can anyone plead not guilty when you leave the wire? Have around six other soldiers killed while looking for your ass, millions of dollars were wasted on this clown, shoot him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Problem with pleading guilty to anything in any legal case (not just this one) is that you go down without a fight and it's therefore an open invite for the judge to throw the book at you.
But if you plead not guilty, at least you'll have a chance to stand in the witness box and give your full side of it, it's called "having your day in court"..
For example when I was facing a vigilante rap in 2002 my solicitor wanted me to plead guilty but I said no way hozay, and I was able to sing my head off in the witness box about the corruption and incompetence in our local police that forced me to take the law into my own hands, and it felt good to see the newspaper reporters at the back of the courtroom scribbling down my words.
I got a 3-month sentence but it was well worth it..
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 06 Oct 17, 14:09
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
How did he interfer in the justice system? The charges he plead is pleading guilty to were brought during the Obama admin.

No one left behind. Those words either mean something or you're just flapping your mouth.
That would be something new.

[COLOR=Blue][I]Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Old 06 Oct 17, 18:17
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Those words mean nothing to deserters. He left his entire unit behind.

Stop feeling sorry for criminals.
Old 06 Oct 17, 18:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Anybody else see the irony of posters saying that we shouldn't have traded for his return, yet they want him executed or given a long prison sentence? How else can we prosecute him if we don't have him in custody?
Old 06 Oct 17, 19:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
He'd probably have an easier time in prison if he got his winge-thingie chopped off like the other little missy traitor and went to a women's prison... Not that any of us would care.
Old 06 Oct 17, 20:07
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Those words mean nothing to deserters. He left his entire unit behind.

Stop feeling sorry for criminals.
I never said anything that implied I feel sorry for him.
Old 06 Oct 17, 20:32
General of the Forums
United_States

I could give two shits, the Obama deal was ****ing stupid. What part about that don't you get. And had he deserted in front of me I would have shot that coward in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
Anybody else see the irony of posters saying that we shouldn't have traded for his return, yet they want him executed or given a long prison sentence? How else can we prosecute him if we don't have him in custody?
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 06 Oct 17, 20:35
General of the Forums
United_States

Yes, you did, you said, don't leave the deserter/coward behind.

Quote:
I never said anything that implied I feel sorry for him.
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!