StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 24 Jun 17, 19:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Question Question for PS4 Owners

Why does the PS4 controller glow blue for no reason? I think this blue light depletes the battery. Time and again I find the controller completely drained and unable to use it until I plug it in.

What's the purpose of this blue light and how can I disable it?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 27 Jun 17, 00:23
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
The different colors on the controller mean different things depending on what game you're playing.

I found this through a Google search:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21533...-morpheus.html

Homer

BoRG
Old 29 Aug 17, 05:14
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
It annoys my cat to no end.

So I recently got myself a PS4, it's actually intended as a gift come november but I decided to get it early and play a bit myself

I got two games with it - one is a space sim, a remake of the 80s classic Elite, the other is Minecraft, which appears to be a big hit on tablets and the like but is somewhat underwhelming on a big screen.

Anyone here who played either ? Or any tips for other games I should try ?

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:01
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Ark Survival Evolved, a sandbox open world crafting taming survival game that can be single player or multiplayer. The official hard copy release is suppose to be today with the Ragnarok Map mod.

This is the newest creature on the unfinished Ragnarok Map, a fantasy world loosely based upon the Game of Throne series. It will be 144 square kilometers of explorable terrain including caves and under the sea.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 29 Aug 17, 08:36
General of the Forums
Belgium

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Yes, I remember now, we talked about this before, I'll check it out - tnx

Old 29 Aug 17, 16:08
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99] OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99]
I am slowly making it through Battlefield 4 offline. I haven't played an FPS in years so my button pushing reflexes need honing. Definitely not ready to battle it out online against other players yet.
Old 30 Aug 17, 04:46
General of the Forums
Belgium

I'm in a somewhat similar position, Elite Dangerous is a game with quite a steep learning curve and very little in the way of handholding.

You're basically put in a space ship and told to dock at station X, landing pad xx.

At first I had no clue, some of the landing pads are on the outer hull of the station, clearly visible, other are inside huge hangars on the inside, at first I bumbled all over the place, hitting scenery and fellow space travellers.

There's a time limit too, and you have to align your ship a particular way with the exit, exceed the limit and you are suddenly regarded as an illegal trespasser - the station defences will open up with everything they can throw at you -

Then there's the space compression - many times you'll be cruising along at ever increasing speed towards a little dot in the distance, until suddenly you whizz past your destination and have to loop around a planet or entire system a couple of times to reduce speed.

Hyperspace jumps drop you nose to nose with the biggest star in the system, which will have you groping for your controls for frantic evasive manoeuvres, the first time at least.

All great fun, but best tried in Solo Play first without the greater internet community laughing at your beginner skills, or worse, using you for target practice

Last edited by Snowygerry; 30 Aug 17 at 04:55..
Old 31 Oct 17, 17:48
General
France

DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700]
DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700] DARKPLACE is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
It annoys my cat to no end.

So I recently got myself a PS4, it's actually intended as a gift come november but I decided to get it early and play a bit myself

I got two games with it - one is a space sim, a remake of the 80s classic Elite, the other is Minecraft, which appears to be a big hit on tablets and the like but is somewhat underwhelming on a big screen.

Anyone here who played either ? Or any tips for other games I should try ?
Minecraft is seriously addictive. It's like lego for planets.
Old 31 Oct 17, 19:42
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The blue light means you forget to turn off the controller. Check your power settings screen, and make sure your cats having figured out how to make a pretty light come on.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!