StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > East Asia and the Pacific

Notices and Announcements

East Asia and the Pacific China - Japan - Australia and challenges throughout East Asia.

Old 17 Aug 17, 22:05
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Muslim who shielded Filipino Christians in ISIS-held Marawi says he’s no hero

Just for perspective,

Quote:
Give credit where credit is due.

Although media outlets in the Philippines and abroad have called him a Muslim hero, Norodin Lucman says there is nothing heroic about his act of saving at least 64 Christians from ISIS militants in the city of Marawi.

Lucman, who has studied Islamic Jurisprudence in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, told Al Arabiya English that he was just doing his duty because Islam teaches that no one’s life was more valuable than someone else’s.

“I was not playing the hero. It just so happened that I was at my house in Marawi city when the fighting first broke out. I knew there were some Christians working on nearby houses as carpenters and construction workers and I told my people to bring them to my house to avoid the cross-fire,” Lucman, a former politician and Muslim clan leader, said.

A rebellion in the city of Marawi had just broken out by Filipino extremists who pledged allegiance to ISIS, and the militants, many of them youngsters, were executing any Christians they came across who could not recite a word of Islam’s holy Quran.

Initially, Lucman and his Muslim employees thought the fighting would only last a few days. Along with the 44 Christians taking refuge inside his house, they numbered around 74 individuals with only a week’s worth of supplies to sustain them. They rationed the food supplies but began to worry once the battles entered the twelfth day and Lucman ran out of water.

It quickly became clear that they were in a life or death situation and that was when the Muslim clan leader decided they had to evacuate the city. He slowly taught the Christian group, made up of both men and women after Christian families in the surrounding neighborhoods joined him, in reciting the Islamic phrase “Allahu Akbar”, or “God is Great” in English.

The men carried the children while the women were dressed with their heads covered in the hijab. Snipers on roof-tops proved risky as they made their terrifying walk to freedom. They approached a bridge that would lead them to the other side of town to complete safety when they came across an ISIS militant who blocked their path.

Fortunately for them, the militant recognized Lucman given his years of reputation as a Muslim clan leader in the southern Philippines. They would walk to freedom unscathed.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/feat...s-no-hero.html
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!