StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Research, Reference and Historical Study > Science

Notices and Announcements

Science Discussions about hard science.

Old 28 Jul 17, 00:26
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Is Stephen Hawking clinically dead?

This is something I have been wondering about for a few years.
It would be so easy to make use of him, he can't talk for himself and we have to rely on his personal staff for messages from him... to it would be incredibly lucrative for that staff to be selling Hawking's words to the highest bider.
You know, charge for his stamp of approval, and use his strangely massive reputation to endorse whatever the market can bear.

And now, I find out that I am far from the only one to think so -

Quote:
I have written several papers critiquing Stephen Hawking, including a long one on his Brave New World series for the BBC. But this is my first paper really linking my science research with my faked events research. I will use simple photo analysis and facial analysis to quickly show you the current Stephen Hawking is not the same person as the original Stephen Hawking.

This should not surprise you too much, especially if you know something about ALS. ALS is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. We are told Hawking has had ALS for over 52 years, which is a record by many decades. Jason Becker is the only person I have heard of who has lived more than 20 years with the disease, so there is about a three-decade difference between the longest survivor and the second longest survivor. That is a more than 100% difference between first and second place. It would be like Justin Gatlin running the 100 meters in 9.8 seconds, and Usain Bolt beating him with a time of 4.5 seconds. In other words, statistically it doesn't happen.

The average survival time for ALS is four years. When Hawking was first diagnosed in 1963, doctors gave him two years to live. And yet here we are, 52 years later and counting. Should you believe it? Well, no. Like Becker, it appears the real Hawking did beat the odds and live for about 20 years. But at some point he was replaced. I have no proof he died, but I assume that is why they replaced him. He was a very useful public relations entity for physics, and they didn't want to lose him.

But rather than speculate on that, let us go right to the evidence. I won't call it proof, since of course you are free to disagree with me. This is an opinion piece, not a court transcript; and even if it were a stamped court finding, you would be free to disagree with it. You don't have to agree with anything anyone tells you, ever. Remember that. This paper is nothing more than presented evidence, evidence I find compelling. If you also find it compelling, fine. If you don't, also fine.

The picture under title is the real Hawking. Notice the longish face and skinny neck. Also notice the dark brown hair. Here is another picture of the real Hawking:
Read the rest and see comparative photos
http://milesmathis.com/hawk3.pdf

Technically speaking, this stinks on ice.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 28 Jul 17, 07:34
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
My gosh you really are a sucker for conspiracy theories
Old 28 Jul 17, 10:14
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Hawking is still producing scientific work of very high quality so any imposter author would have to be an astro-physicist of Nobel standard that no body knows about If such a person exists he would not rather be gaining fame and fortune in his own right? He also has a family who would have to connive at all this as would a number of very respected members of the medical profession and be prepared to risk both their professional standing and possibly jail for concealing a death - load of rubbish.
Old 28 Jul 17, 11:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Hawking maneuvers the selector to produce words. When he's in a hurry an assistant guesses the words he wants and gives him the option to use the one they guessed. He then uses it or keeps adding letters.
Old 28 Jul 17, 16:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
He's not dead, although he might prefer to be.
Old 28 Jul 17, 20:02
General of the Forums
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
He's not dead, although he might prefer to be.
Judging by recent statements only if he could carry on cogitating - since he appears to be agnostic he probably doesn't consider that a possibility.
Old 29 Jul 17, 03:07
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Hawking is still producing scientific work of very high quality so any imposter author would have to be an astro-physicist of Nobel standard that no body knows about If such a person exists he would not rather be gaining fame and fortune in his own right? He also has a family who would have to connive at all this as would a number of very respected members of the medical profession and be prepared to risk both their professional standing and possibly jail for concealing a death - load of rubbish.
Didn't even look at the sourced material, did you?
And wow... nobody has ever taken advantage of a famous/helpless member of the family before when there were whole stacks of cash at stake, eh?

Riddle me this; how likely is it that the most famous ALS patient has lasted 55 years while the next longest survivor has yet to last even half that long?
By their own admission, it takes him all afternoon to get a paragraph out. And yet all these reams of data keep appearing. What's up with that?
Has any of this been verified by an independent observer in the last 20 years?
No member of the Medical profession has ever taken bribes before?

Seems to me that you guys are the ones pushing the idea that is far less likely to be true.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!