StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 01 Jul 17, 22:08
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Thumbs up SOLVED! Automatic Updates - No Warning Messages

We were experiencing an issue with automatic updates. They worked fine, but the warning messages were not being broadcast.

I believe I have this one licked. I've rolled over all the servers except Ragnarok as there are still 4 or 5 on there right now - I'll get to this one as soon as I notice it is empty.

It worked in testing so we should be fine, but until a live update drops we won't know for certain. I'll update once I've seen it broadcast live.

Winston Churchill
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 02 Jul 17, 06:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
I do believe that taming rates for individual creatures has been changed. Got a level 38 moschop with one feeding of Tintoberries it asked for last night. Also, a Level 42 spitter with two raw meat. (I use 4x on taming.)

There is now a climbing ladder animation for your character.

Lots of other improvements as well.
Old 02 Jul 17, 14:39
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
I wasn't happy with the decrease in speed per level they applied. Also, I've noticed something odd, in that the speed gains are not linear, unless I was missing fractions not displayed that was throwing things off - I'll have to check that the next time I am messing around with it.

I hadn't noticed the ladder animation, you have to scroll out to see that one I assume.

Do you run any mods, Ron?

Winston Churchill
Old 02 Jul 17, 15:01
Hero of ACG
Canada

Confirmed - the above changes have corrected the problem, warning messages are being properly displayed.

Winston Churchill
Old 03 Jul 17, 06:43
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
No mods. The animation can be seen in the FPV. Another Level 40 spitter with two raw meat. A 42 level Parasaur in less then 4 minutes using just mejoberries. I run at 4X taming with 0.2 difficulty which means max 42 on wild creatures.

Not happy with the 1.5% increase in speed on even tames. One can get decent speed on tames at random when taming. (Will try a flier when I find a high level one. They have been capped at 135%)

A wild argy raided my camp during the night. The tames tore it up with the Trike taking the stuff it had and the dilo eating it. The moschop ran off and hid behind the hut.

Saw two Kentasaurs when getting stuff from a red beacon in a cut. Both looked like they had been fighting something big and nasty.
Old 03 Jul 17, 20:01
Hero of ACG
Canada

Yes, I noticed the ladder bit as soon as I got in game for a little while - nice touch. Ladders were a little disconcerting before. Torch goes out, views can shift, perspective is messed with, etc.

My character is fairly quick, and in the early days it was too easy to be climbing a ladder to the top floor and then not laying off 'climb' fast enough and zipping right off the rooftop.

We run quite light on mods (as these things go). Two are utility (which we feel are required), one is raid protection, and the final one is useless, but perhaps my favorite.

I once joined an unofficial server and had a great time there until it was shutdown as the person couldn't afford to keep it going. He had several mods, one of which was Dino Colors Plus. It comes as advertised. Now this didn't affect my gameplay one bit. It didn't change anything.

But, after his server went down and I spent some time finding a new place to play, I came to a realization. The dinos looked so bland. They were ugly to me. Even the wildest variations vanilla can conjure were tame compared to even the common, ugly dinos on a DC+ server.

I know this is purely subjective. But after spending some time with it, I really can't go back. They look so PLAIN to me it kills me.

I thought they had removed speed completely from flyers? Prior to resetting the servers, I complied with user requests to add the 'Classic Flyers' mod which reinstates speed increases for flying dinos. I haven't changed anything in this regard - we used to have the speed boosts on our server, then suddenly we didn't any longer. So not sure where the discrepancy is coming from - perhaps from playing solo/local server?

I've come across Kentas but have yet to see any fight. Looked interesting on the video.

You must be level capped by now? (Probably a looong time ago).

Winston Churchill
Old 04 Jul 17, 07:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I would be capped except that I have been starting the game new to try different things. Currently level 67 three actual days into Pirate Pete's adventure of Ragnarok in Viking Bay.

I now have a pack of 5 dilos to guard the base. Picked up a raptor that was tough enough to kill one of the Kentros and an Argy after I had just tamed it. Level 38 and only 4 raw meat to tame. Then, I found what was after stuff before when I spotted a level 42, max at my settings, Argy and tranced it. T-Rex shows up and eats it before I could reload the rifle with ammo.

Oh well, took a side path to the top as I was looking for a Kitty. Found three in a fight. Tranc a female, tranc the second one but she must have been weak from the fight as she died and the high level male ate her before I could tranc him. Anyhow, tamed them both on just three and four raw meat. (A far cry over the time it would take hours.)

The gap, dense dangerous jungle with raptors, argys, and rexes.

Kitty. The new modeling and animations are excellent.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!