HistoryNet.com RSS
ArmchairGeneral.com RSS

HistoryNet.com Articles
America's Civil War
American History
Aviation History
Civil War Times
MHQ
Military History
Vietnam
Wild West
World War II

ACG Online
ACG Magazine
Stuff We Like
War College
History News
Tactics 101
Carlo D'Este
Books

ACG Gaming
Boardgames
PC Game Reviews

ACG Network
Contact Us
Our Newsletter
Meet Our Staff
Advertise With Us

Sites We Support
HistoryNet.com
StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Africa

Notices and Announcements

Africa Issues of modern Africa.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21 Apr 17, 09:13
Lusitano's Avatar
Lusitano Lusitano is offline
Sergeant
Portugal
 
Real Name: António Silva
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Matosinhos Portugal
Posts: 79
Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99] Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99]
Portugal colonial war

War in Guinea Images that were hidden from the Portuguese

https://youtu.be/FOpqcUBzBXc


___________________

The History of Cut Heads - Portuguese Colonial War

___________________________
The military until we got monkey to smoke

_______________________
Portugal then sent troops to africa between 1961 and 1974 were mobilized more than one million portuguese who joined the troops recruited in angola mozambique guiné bissau.
______________________________
I ask myself what, it was a war and guerrilla stupid, because of the dictatorship that portugal lived with antónio oliveira salazar, I have relatives who died, I have friends my 4 years older than I also died in these wars, I and many had Lucky, when there was revolution on April 25, 1974 I was 16 years old, many went with 19 years 20 years to the war, still today portugal has many traumatized portuguese I have the one brother-in-law still suffers today from the traumatism of seeing friends to die, the Portuguese people cut heads raped women raped black men killed children, did much that they should not do, but in portugal at that time nobody knew anything, we were a country closed to everyone, the young Portuguese when they went to wars were injected with To do what they should not do Innocent blacks and not only terrorist prisoners tossed on the propellers, then tossed them, tied black people on rafts for the corcodods to eat them, there are many photos kept by many Portuguese families, many when they returned from Africa to forget they got in the wine.
And the Portuguese state never wanted to know who gave his life for the Portuguese homeland.
Many settlers mistreated their poorly paid employees, patted their hands with a stick ruler. My friends, I do not say this for pleasure, I tell the truth and the truth has to be said, I know that my country was not the only one to do All the atrocities to these peoples who were colonized for centuries.
By certain European countries, I now speak of my country. Friends one thing is sure all the people who were colonized by portugal do not like the portuguese and they have their reason. (I ask the world's lords to put an end to the wars that exist today for this world outside, we are human and with labor the earth gives everything for the human being to live in peace)
:::::::::: If this post is in the wrong place, please, please, admin, please, thank you very much.

https://youtu.be/ExJritk7mMM
Reply With Quote
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
  #2  
Old 04 May 17, 12:10
Sergio's Avatar
Sergio Sergio is offline
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,515
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Any books that you would recommend. I have just got Portuguese Commandos: Feared Insurgent Hunters, 1961-1974 by John Cann. Not started yet though.
__________________
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
Grandad, Only Fools and Horses
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05 May 17, 06:48
Lusitano's Avatar
Lusitano Lusitano is offline
Sergeant
Portugal
 
Real Name: António Silva
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Matosinhos Portugal
Posts: 79
Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99] Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Any books that you would recommend. I have just got Portuguese Commandos: Feared Insurgent Hunters, 1961-1974 by John Cann. Not started yet though.
_____________________________________
http://ultramar.terraweb.biz/06livros.htm
___________________________
Books of American and English authors tell you none, they were not present in the Portuguese colonial wars, so I say they write their books before what they tell them?
_______________________________

livros de autores americanos e ingleses lhe digo nenhum,eles não estiveram presentes nas guerras coloniais portuguêsas,por isso eu digo eles escrevem os seus livros perante o que lhes dizem?
______________________________________________
My friend, I do not know if you are an English or Portuguese citizen.
How much I am patriotism, I know whether I am or not.
As for my country, I am proud to be a Portuguese citizen.
As for my country being superior, yes it was but was in the past because of the history that has, and it will cost me to say this to the friend if you are an English citizen your country can thank portugal because portugal was the first pioneer of Discoveries martimas, friend who read think that I am to be nationalist patriotism etc. etc. No friend if they think so about my person are wrong, I tell a story about my country because it existed, as there are others from other colonizing countries as was mine.
____________________________________
amigo eu não sei se voçê é um cidadão inglês ou português me é igual.
quanto eu ser patriotismo eu é que sei se sou ou não.
quanto ao meu país sim tenho orgulho em ser cidadão português.
quanto ao meu país ser superior,sim foi mas foi no passado por causa da história que tem,e me vai custar dizer isto ao amigo se voçê é um cidadão inglês o seu país pode agradecer a portugal porque portugal foi o primeiro foi o pioneiro das descobertas martimas,amigo quem ler pensam que eu estou a ser patriotismo nacionalista etc. etc. não amigo se pensam assim sobre a minha pessoa estão errados,falo de história sobre o meu país porque ela existiu,como existe outras de outros paises colonizadores como foi o meu.
________________________________________
Which I have seen in English speaking forums.
When one speaks of the history of portugal many are offended, and I know why, because if your countries have a history of colonization I repeat once again, they have much to thank portugal for this great man.
Infante D. Henrique Filho of King D. João I and D. Filipa de Lencastre, D. Henrique was born in the city of Porto on March 4, 1394 and died on November 13, 1460. He was the initiator of the discoveries Portuguese and other countries took the example of portugal, where today there are new countries, which were colonized by certain European countries. Infante D. Henrique was the father of the discoveries, and it is because of this that the history of the discoveries mainly troubles to the countries of English language.
__________________________

o que eu tenho visto em foruns de lingua inglêsa.
quando se fala da história de portugal ficam muitos ofendidos,e eu sei o porquê,porque se os vossos paises tem história sobre a colonização mais uma vez repito,teem muito que agradecer a portugal a este grande homem.
Infante D. Henrique Filho do rei D. João I e de D. Filipa de Lencastre, o infante D. Henrique nasceu na cidade do Porto a 4 de março de 1394 e faleceu a 13 de novembro de 1460. foi ele o iniciador das descobertas portuguêsas e outros países tomaram o exemplo de portugal,aonde hoje existe novos países,que foram colonizados por certos países da europa . Infante D. Henrique foi o pai das descobertas,e é por causa disto que a história dos doscobrimentos incomoda principalmente aos paises de lingua inglêsa
________________
It is on the discoveries that portugal was superior the Portuguese were the first from 1415 conquest of Ceuta.
Returning to the Portuguese colonial war, friend about these wars that portugal had in the excolonies I have no pride about these wars I have two relatives and friends who died in the wars overseas, it was a stupid and lost where the Portuguese committed many crimes with the people of angola Mozambican Guinea, you think that the Portuguese were in favor of colonial wars, the Portuguese were forced to go to the Portuguese Africa to fight against those who fought for their independence of their country, Portuguese young people with 20 years were injected with such injections to Have the courage to fight in the middle of the bush and do the evil they did to so many innocent blacks, because the Portuguese troops took these drugs were forced to take, if you were a father or mother and saw your son at 20 years of age to go to war, And that many countries only saw them leave and never saw him return to their native land portugal, I ask you were proud of it, because of A war or guerrilla war that was lost at all.
_________________________________
é sobre os descobrimentos que portugal foi superior os portugueses foram os primeiros a partir de 1415 conquista de ceuta.
voltando á guerra colonial portuguêsa,amigo sobre essas guerras que portugal teve nas excolónias não tenho nenhum orgulho sobre essas guerras tenho dois familiares e amigos que morreram nas guerras do ultramar,foi uma estupida e perdida aonde os portuguêses cometeram muitos crimes com os povos de angola moçambique guiné bissau,voçê acha que os portuguêses eram a favor das guerras coloniais,os portuguêses eram obrigados a irem para as africas portuguêsas combater contra a quem lutava pela sua independência do seu país,jovens portuguêses com 20 anos eram injectados com as tais injeções para terem coragem a lutarem no meio do mato e fazerem o mal que fizeram a tantos pretos inocentes,pois a tropa portuguesa tomavam essas drogas eram obrigados a tomar,se voçê fosse pai ou mãe e via o seu filho com 20 anos partir para a guerra,e que muitos país só os viu partir e nunca mais o viram voltar á sua terra natal portugal,pergunto eu voçê tinha orgulho nisso,por causa de uma guerra ou guerrilha que foi perdida para nada.
______________
Finally, my friend, the heroes are on the land. About my country the pride that I have is its history helped to create new countries helped to spread their culture religions have built churches etcetc.
As for the ill-treatment which my ancestors did, I have no pride. And evil is all Portuguese do not like the history of your country that calls portugal a small country that made great nations is part of universal history
_____________
Friends when a Portuguese speaks is only of history do not come with the attacks that are always the same attacks with the Portuguese, if you understand that the Portuguese walk here the more I speak for myself, it is easy to close the forum door hug.
____________________________________

para terminar,amigo os herois estão debacho da terra. sobre o meu país o orgulho que eu tenho é a sua história ajudou a criar novos países ajudou a espalhar a sua cultura religiões fizeram construiram igreijas etc.etc.
quanto aos maus tratos que os meu antepassados fizeram não tenho orgulho nenhum. e mal é todo português não goste da história do seu país que chama portugal um país pequeno que fez grandes nações faz parte da história universal
_____________
amigos quando um português fala é só de história não venham com os ataques que são sempre os mesmos ataques com os portuguêses,se voçês entenderem que os portuguêses andam aqui a mais falo por mim, é facil fechem a porta do forum abraço.
_______________________________________ Proverb
God created the white and the black, the Portuguese created the mulatto

Deus criou o branco e o preto,os portuguêses criaram o mulato
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06 May 17, 00:15
Sergio's Avatar
Sergio Sergio is offline
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,515
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano View Post
_____________________________________
http://ultramar.terraweb.biz/06livros.htm
___________________________
Books of American and English authors tell you none, they were not present in the Portuguese colonial wars, so I say they write their books before what they tell them?
_______________________________

livros de autores americanos e ingleses lhe digo nenhum,eles não estiveram presentes nas guerras coloniais portuguêsas,por isso eu digo eles escrevem os seus livros perante o que lhes dizem?
______________________________________________
My friend, I do not know if you are an English or Portuguese citizen.
How much I am patriotism, I know whether I am or not.
As for my country, I am proud to be a Portuguese citizen.
As for my country being superior, yes it was but was in the past because of the history that has, and it will cost me to say this to the friend if you are an English citizen your country can thank portugal because portugal was the first pioneer of Discoveries martimas, friend who read think that I am to be nationalist patriotism etc. etc. No friend if they think so about my person are wrong, I tell a story about my country because it existed, as there are others from other colonizing countries as was mine.
____________________________________
amigo eu não sei se voçê é um cidadão inglês ou português me é igual.
quanto eu ser patriotismo eu é que sei se sou ou não.
quanto ao meu país sim tenho orgulho em ser cidadão português.
quanto ao meu país ser superior,sim foi mas foi no passado por causa da história que tem,e me vai custar dizer isto ao amigo se voçê é um cidadão inglês o seu país pode agradecer a portugal porque portugal foi o primeiro foi o pioneiro das descobertas martimas,amigo quem ler pensam que eu estou a ser patriotismo nacionalista etc. etc. não amigo se pensam assim sobre a minha pessoa estão errados,falo de história sobre o meu país porque ela existiu,como existe outras de outros paises colonizadores como foi o meu.
________________________________________
Which I have seen in English speaking forums.
When one speaks of the history of portugal many are offended, and I know why, because if your countries have a history of colonization I repeat once again, they have much to thank portugal for this great man.
Infante D. Henrique Filho of King D. João I and D. Filipa de Lencastre, D. Henrique was born in the city of Porto on March 4, 1394 and died on November 13, 1460. He was the initiator of the discoveries Portuguese and other countries took the example of portugal, where today there are new countries, which were colonized by certain European countries. Infante D. Henrique was the father of the discoveries, and it is because of this that the history of the discoveries mainly troubles to the countries of English language.
__________________________

o que eu tenho visto em foruns de lingua inglêsa.
quando se fala da história de portugal ficam muitos ofendidos,e eu sei o porquê,porque se os vossos paises tem história sobre a colonização mais uma vez repito,teem muito que agradecer a portugal a este grande homem.
Infante D. Henrique Filho do rei D. João I e de D. Filipa de Lencastre, o infante D. Henrique nasceu na cidade do Porto a 4 de março de 1394 e faleceu a 13 de novembro de 1460. foi ele o iniciador das descobertas portuguêsas e outros países tomaram o exemplo de portugal,aonde hoje existe novos países,que foram colonizados por certos países da europa . Infante D. Henrique foi o pai das descobertas,e é por causa disto que a história dos doscobrimentos incomoda principalmente aos paises de lingua inglêsa
________________
It is on the discoveries that portugal was superior the Portuguese were the first from 1415 conquest of Ceuta.
Returning to the Portuguese colonial war, friend about these wars that portugal had in the excolonies I have no pride about these wars I have two relatives and friends who died in the wars overseas, it was a stupid and lost where the Portuguese committed many crimes with the people of angola Mozambican Guinea, you think that the Portuguese were in favor of colonial wars, the Portuguese were forced to go to the Portuguese Africa to fight against those who fought for their independence of their country, Portuguese young people with 20 years were injected with such injections to Have the courage to fight in the middle of the bush and do the evil they did to so many innocent blacks, because the Portuguese troops took these drugs were forced to take, if you were a father or mother and saw your son at 20 years of age to go to war, And that many countries only saw them leave and never saw him return to their native land portugal, I ask you were proud of it, because of A war or guerrilla war that was lost at all.
_________________________________
é sobre os descobrimentos que portugal foi superior os portugueses foram os primeiros a partir de 1415 conquista de ceuta.
voltando á guerra colonial portuguêsa,amigo sobre essas guerras que portugal teve nas excolónias não tenho nenhum orgulho sobre essas guerras tenho dois familiares e amigos que morreram nas guerras do ultramar,foi uma estupida e perdida aonde os portuguêses cometeram muitos crimes com os povos de angola moçambique guiné bissau,voçê acha que os portuguêses eram a favor das guerras coloniais,os portuguêses eram obrigados a irem para as africas portuguêsas combater contra a quem lutava pela sua independência do seu país,jovens portuguêses com 20 anos eram injectados com as tais injeções para terem coragem a lutarem no meio do mato e fazerem o mal que fizeram a tantos pretos inocentes,pois a tropa portuguesa tomavam essas drogas eram obrigados a tomar,se voçê fosse pai ou mãe e via o seu filho com 20 anos partir para a guerra,e que muitos país só os viu partir e nunca mais o viram voltar á sua terra natal portugal,pergunto eu voçê tinha orgulho nisso,por causa de uma guerra ou guerrilha que foi perdida para nada.
______________
Finally, my friend, the heroes are on the land. About my country the pride that I have is its history helped to create new countries helped to spread their culture religions have built churches etcetc.
As for the ill-treatment which my ancestors did, I have no pride. And evil is all Portuguese do not like the history of your country that calls portugal a small country that made great nations is part of universal history
_____________
Friends when a Portuguese speaks is only of history do not come with the attacks that are always the same attacks with the Portuguese, if you understand that the Portuguese walk here the more I speak for myself, it is easy to close the forum door hug.
____________________________________

para terminar,amigo os herois estão debacho da terra. sobre o meu país o orgulho que eu tenho é a sua história ajudou a criar novos países ajudou a espalhar a sua cultura religiões fizeram construiram igreijas etc.etc.
quanto aos maus tratos que os meu antepassados fizeram não tenho orgulho nenhum. e mal é todo português não goste da história do seu país que chama portugal um país pequeno que fez grandes nações faz parte da história universal
_____________
amigos quando um português fala é só de história não venham com os ataques que são sempre os mesmos ataques com os portuguêses,se voçês entenderem que os portuguêses andam aqui a mais falo por mim, é facil fechem a porta do forum abraço.
_______________________________________ Proverb
God created the white and the black, the Portuguese created the mulatto

Deus criou o branco e o preto,os portuguêses criaram o mulato
I am Portuguese on my Mum's side and Pakistani on my Dad's, sadly I never learnt the language which is something that I regret now.

Thanks for the link with the titles, a considerable reading list. Some of which it is worth mentioning are in English. However, your response also included a seriously defensive overreaction to a simple do you know of any good books on the subject question.
__________________
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
Grandad, Only Fools and Horses
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06 May 17, 00:51
Pruitt's Avatar
Pruitt Pruitt is online now
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Real Name: Richard Pruitt
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sulphur, LA
Posts: 26,955
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
One of the guys in my second Basic Training Company was Portuguese. He was in his thirties and had served in Angola as an NCO. He talked about it some. He described long patrols where they urinated into sand to get something to drink! I am not sure how to describe it as a filter. He also talked about his wife and how she aggravated him. It would seem she would not stay home and patiently wait for him to call! What impressed me most is he had a clause in his enlistment contract that would have allowed him to go home if a coup overthrew the new pacifist government. He really liked Somoza.

Pruitt
__________________
Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06 May 17, 11:07
Lusitano's Avatar
Lusitano Lusitano is offline
Sergeant
Portugal
 
Real Name: António Silva
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Matosinhos Portugal
Posts: 79
Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99] Lusitano is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I am Portuguese on my Mum's side and Pakistani on my Dad's, sadly I never learnt the language which is something that I regret now.

Thanks for the link with the titles, a considerable reading list. Some of which it is worth mentioning are in English. However, your response also included a seriously defensive overreaction to a simple do you know of any good books on the subject question.


The post that is in English and Portuguese sent you in both languages because I thought the friend was Portuguese, to read better and understand better, because my English is translated into google and many times the translation is bad.
You say your Portuguese mother and father Pakistani, because it is not too late for me to learn the Portuguese language and the Pakistani language, in Portuguese I say these two sayings "(knowledge does not occupy place) (it is never late to learn)
The lnk that I sent you except mistake is in Portuguese I will still see better I will also see if I only meet in English to meet I send you a hug
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06 May 17, 15:37
nastle's Avatar
nastle nastle is offline
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lemont Illinois
Posts: 1,625
nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
Please post information and pics about the riverine warfare of portugease
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06 May 17, 16:18
lirelou's Avatar
lirelou lirelou is offline
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Real Name: Shaun M. Darragh
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lutz
Posts: 4,918
lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
Pruitt? Somoza? Only heard the name connected to Nicaragua.

Lusita~o, muito obrigado por essas páginas que você postou em Português e inglês. Ate muitos anos que eu nao pratiquei a meu Português. Bemvindo.
__________________
dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá gì!

Last edited by lirelou; 06 May 17 at 16:27..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06 May 17, 23:43
Sergio's Avatar
Sergio Sergio is offline
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 7,515
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitano View Post
The post that is in English and Portuguese sent you in both languages because I thought the friend was Portuguese, to read better and understand better, because my English is translated into google and many times the translation is bad.
You say your Portuguese mother and father Pakistani, because it is not too late for me to learn the Portuguese language and the Pakistani language, in Portuguese I say these two sayings "(knowledge does not occupy place) (it is never late to learn)
The lnk that I sent you except mistake is in Portuguese I will still see better I will also see if I only meet in English to meet I send you a hug
Thank you for posting in both languages, that was very considerate of you. The Portuguese list is find, my comment about the English was referring to some of the books being in English which you had said were not useful because they were not written by Portuguese.

You are right it is never too late to learn!
__________________
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
Grandad, Only Fools and Horses
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07 May 17, 03:18
Pruitt's Avatar
Pruitt Pruitt is online now
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Real Name: Richard Pruitt
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sulphur, LA
Posts: 26,955
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirelou View Post
Pruitt? Somoza? Only heard the name connected to Nicaragua.
Hey its been a few years. The guy that took over after Salazar was named Caetano. When he was overthrown, the Portuguese pulled out of Africa. It was probably Caetano he wanted to go back and lead a counterrevolution.

Pruitt
__________________
Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #11  
Old 07 May 17, 06:12
dmf01's Avatar
dmf01 dmf01 is offline
Brigadier General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perm
Posts: 2,486
dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500]
dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500] dmf01 is a jewel in the rough [500]
A while ago I had seen a 1966 documentary "Goodbye Africa" (Italian made, IIRC), quite a good one.
There was an episode that depicted how Portuguese military deceived the guerillas (was it in Angola?, sorry I don't remember). They had mounted hidden speakers high in the trees that played sounds of birds and animals, so the guerillas believed there were no other humans in this part of jungle and revealed themselves thus becoming a subject of the Portuguese ambush.
__________________
"Keep Calm. Use Less X's"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18 Jun 17, 20:51
nastle's Avatar
nastle nastle is offline
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lemont Illinois
Posts: 1,625
nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
https://www.amazon.com/Brown-Waters-...verine+warfare

interesting book, esp for those in littoral warfare
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20 Jun 17, 14:26
andrewza's Avatar
andrewza andrewza is online now
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: siommons town
Posts: 8,634
andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
a number of books on SA military history mention the war. Though not all ways giving a positive words to Portugal or it's military.
__________________
Quote:
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati
Reply With Quote
Reply

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!


Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 19:40.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.