StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 16 Mar 15, 19:24
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Divine Right - Fantasy Wargame

Hi all.

I played an original version of Divine Right waaaaaay back, and I now have the same person that was my roommate back then living with me again now. We were reminiscing about some of the great games we used to play (anyone remember Battle Isle on the Amiga?) and Divine Right came up.

I did a little googling and found out there was a 25th anniversary edition released. Unfortunately, Ebay doesn't have any good quality copies (or copies that aren't $500+ US), so I was wondering if anyone might know a store or hobby shop that might have a copy of either version? (Or if anyone has a copy themselves that they might be willing to sell...)

I would love to try and get a game of this going - any resources or info would be most appreciated!

Winston Churchill
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 11 Apr 15, 22:09
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
In case anyone is interested, I have heard that Excalibur is working on a reprint they expect to have out by the end of 2016. There is some trepidation in the community about this due to previous issues with this publisher, so feelings are mixed, but generally the hope is that this game will see a re-release in the future.

FYI!

Winston Churchill
Old 01 Jul 16, 08:20
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99] OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99]
There is a nicely done Vassal module of Divine Right, with Vassal you can play other people online. And you can find several version of the rules in the file section on Board Game Geek.

Divine Right on Board Game Geek
Module on Vassal Engine

Old 01 Jul 16, 09:40
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
There is a nicely done Vassal module of Divine Right, with Vassal you can play other people online. And you can find several version of the rules in the file section on Board Game Geek.

Divine Right on Board Game Geek
Module on Vassal Engine

Our game club played this several times back in the early 80s.

Fantastic game!

Homer

BoRG
Old 01 Jul 16, 10:59
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99] OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99]
Yes I really enjoyed playing back in the 80s also, ah the good ole'days
Old 01 Jul 16, 12:29
Hero of ACG
Canada

Thanks for the info!

I managed to get an unopened 25th anniversary edition of the game through Ebay, so I'm happy how it all turned out. (Still have yet to play it! )

Winston Churchill
Old 01 Jul 16, 13:15
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
Thanks for the info!

I managed to get an unopened 25th anniversary edition of the game through Ebay, so I'm happy how it all turned out. (Still have yet to play it! )
Oh score! Have fun with it
Old 07 Apr 17, 10:32
Private
Canada

crimhead is a balanced individual [0]
Divine Right was my first strategy level empire game - not counting Risk for obvious reasons. I spent hours as a preteen playing this with my Dad in the late 1980s.

Just a month or two ago my wife found a copy (not the anniversary edition) at a second hand store. I haven't checked that the parts are all there, but the condition looks to be very good - the chits seem to have barely been handled. Not bad for $1.99 Canadian plus tax.

I want to play sometime - for old time's sake if nothing else.

Last edited by crimhead; 07 Apr 17 at 17:54..
Old 07 Apr 17, 15:20
Hero of ACG
Canada

$1.99! Pretty good deal! I think I paid $80 or $90 for this one, so that worked out pretty good for you!

Winston Churchill

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!