StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 21 Mar 17, 04:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhnd View Post
Get some rudder pedals it adds a realistic feel. Head tracking is a must.
Yes, if you get track IR that will change the way you play flight sims. it's over $100, it's an investment, but worth ever dollar.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Old 21 Mar 17, 04:28
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhnd View Post
Get some rudder pedals it adds a realistic feel. Head tracking is a must.
Wow!How much.
Old 21 Mar 17, 15:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy31a View Post
If you like naval sims on the strategic level i would suggest War Plane Orange.....and War in the Pacific.
I haven't been able to get war plan orange to work with my latest edition of windows

I did enjoy the game although it is slow.
Old 24 Mar 17, 16:03
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100] Cowboy31a has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have to run it in compatibility mode as an XP program and then i have to run it as administrator

I have it working on both my desktop (Windows 10, 32 bit pro) and my laptop (Widows 10 64 bit Home)
Old 27 Mar 17, 15:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
I got started in PC games playing Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and Red Baron.

I would like to get a decent flight sim set in each war (two games). Not interested in arcade stuff.

Any recommendations?
Me too! There are some interesting WWI games on youtube as first person shooters, and there have been many WWII ones over the years.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!