StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 28 Dec 16, 17:59
Private First Class
United_States

Poison is a balanced individual [0]
Mosa's on strike.

Seriously now. This has been a known problem for awhile.

A rare spawn shouldn't be flooding the entire ocean along with the extra super rare alpha's spawning in dozens. I was told to wait until the update, and I waited.

I moved to the underwater artifact cave, and the ONLY way in my own base is with a mosa...of which I cannot even obtain.

It's starting to turn from obnoxious to flat out game-breaking.

I based underwater, making a land base is not a solution, it's an excuse. That's not a fair solution to an obvious bug. I shouldn't have to play differently to compensate broken spawns.

My Mosa died, so I figured no big deal, I'd tame another. I can't. It's 100% impossible. The moment you try to aggro a single Mosa, you get instantly killed by the Alpha or 50 mosas spawn on top of you.

Yeah, they're spawning back in faster than the game can even keep up rendering them.

I just spent 5 hours (Yeah, a solid 5 hours) swimming around the entire map looking for a SINGLE mosa. Not one by itself. I lost my gear trying to aggro just one, and I've lost my patience at this point.

I can't even get to my OWN base because this issue is still not fixed.

Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 28 Dec 16, 20:44
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Yes, that's seriously broken. I feel for you - wish I knew what could be done to help alleviate this issue. (I guess we could look at removing them from this map as a last resort solution...) Have you seen anything else in your searches that might account for this problem, or is it just another bug in Ark's list of things-to-fix?

Winston Churchill
Old 28 Dec 16, 20:49
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Pondering this a little further, please link me anything you found to be helpful on this - if there is nothing to be done, we'll just limit or remove the damned mosas until this is corrected. If we can't fix it, we'll bloody remove it...

Winston Churchill
Old 29 Dec 16, 00:45
Private First Class
United_States

I have no idea what's causing it, but it's not a global ARK issue. It's only happening on your server. Either the spawn rate variable is set too high in configuration or something. I can't find a single other server sharing this issue on The Island map.

They spawn in the correct locations, they appear where their designated spawn location is, the problem is they spawn in hundreds and hundreds at a time, nonstop.
My initial mosa was able to kill swarms like that no problem, yet I watched as I killed one, 20 more would respawn instantly.

The option of disabling them also isnt a working solution for my problem. You remove the mosas and I still have to deal with squids that grab on my way in, swarms of sharks, plesi all ranging above lvl 200 and some above lvl 300 and up.

The Mosa is my only option to get in. If you disable them, I still won't have a way in my base.

My only idea is to disable the spawn on them, reset server, then keep changing the spawn rate on them and keep resetting until it goes back to normal rates.

If nothing can be done, I'm going to at least need to be compensated with a couple of them due to this problem. In the weeks of me waiting for a fix, I could have tamed 10+, easily by now.

Last edited by Poison; 29 Dec 16 at 06:59..
Old 29 Dec 16, 04:58
Private First Class
United_States

I've been checking out some settings though.

DinoSpawnWeightMultipliers=(DinoNameTag=Mosasaurus ,SpawnWeightMultiplier=0.05,OverrideSpawnLimitPerc entage=true,SpawnLimitPercentage=0.03)

That's what the mosa tag should be set to for regular spawns. The spawn limit percentage at 0.03 should be fairly low and prevent more from mass spawning. It should roughly be a 5% spawn rate. With a limit of there only being 3% of all aquatic dinos being mosas at any one time.

I would double check to make sure that matches, do a dino wipe and see if it fixes.

There's tons of posts about the issue on The Center map, here's a post with spawn variables.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f...5953248823179/

Here's a post with setting configurations

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=535323556

Edit -

It seems I've figured a workaround..kind of. I have to sacrifice a dino pretty much.

I tamed a plesi, no problem, then I dragged the swarm near my first cave and let them branch off from there while I waited. Then once I could find a seperated one I'm able to tame it normally. I just tamed 3 in 20 minutes.
The plesi is dead now, but I got some trade-off at least. I can get back to my house now....finally.

Last edited by Poison; 29 Dec 16 at 11:32..
Old 08 Jan 17, 18:10
Hero of ACG
Canada

Anyone see any mosa problems on the test server? Any other issues to report? Hoping things are going smoothly there with the fresh start...

Winston Churchill

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!