StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 24 Oct 16, 01:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
strategic and operational advice for My DC Barb campaign

Been playing a decisive campaign on my own. This turn I have a couple of options and was wonder what you guys would do in each of the three ACG

Btw I ended up with a mud turn

ACG North has about 1800 gallons of fuel
ACG Central around 5k but a lot of units cant move I am still working out what that is about. Think it partisans reducing ap and the mud

ACG south has about 3000 fuel

Feel free to toss out any ideas I am semi torn between what I should cut off. As you can see from the map there a lot few possible options for cutting off various groups of Russians.

Also it looks like Minsk is free Unit blocking the path is only 15 point unit
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 24 Oct 16, 01:35
General of the Forums
United_States

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
ACG North

Barbarossa_turn5_Acg_north.jpg
Old 24 Oct 16, 01:36
General of the Forums
United_States

[ATTACH]Turn5Acg_south.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turn5Acg_Central.jpg (112.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 24 Oct 16, 11:45
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I have a couple of questions:
A. Where are your PG HQ units?
B. Are any of your commanders having trouble with higher command?

A. If the PG HQ is too far away, you can't move subordinates as far. If your PG HQ are in contact you could lose them.
B. In our game von Rundstedt is giving us trouble. This affects PG 1.

Are you moving your FOB in a timely manner? While they are moving, fuel does not move forward. You get the fuel the next turn or so.

Are you targeting enemy HQ units? If you get them early, the Red Army moves sluggishly and is easier to encircle and eliminate.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 24 Oct 16, 19:30
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
I have a couple of questions:
A. Where are your PG HQ units?
B. Are any of your commanders having trouble with higher command?

A. If the PG HQ is too far away, you can't move subordinates as far. If your PG HQ are in contact you could lose them.
B. In our game von Rundstedt is giving us trouble. This affects PG 1.

Are you moving your FOB in a timely manner? While they are moving, fuel does not move forward. You get the fuel the next turn or so.

Are you targeting enemy HQ units? If you get them early, the Red Army moves sluggishly and is easier to encircle and eliminate.

Pruitt
This is the fourth round of combat turns for me. so I just captured all the cities in ACG north and ACG Central. which was forcing me to truck a lot of

Overall I got good relations with my commanders. my panzer group commanders are near the front 2 panzer group is advancing on vilunus and its commander is not within three hexes of all units except the info

3 pz group commander is on the rail line to minks

1 pz group commander is north Lvov.

So what I am considering is pushing south with Pzg 1 and cutting off what I can or I could push SE and try and cut off more units while letting my inf keeping rolling up units from the west.

ACG Central is where some of my units in the 2 pz group. which is ok since I do not have enough gas to move everything.

But do I take what I have in pzg 2 and drive for vilunus and then north and cut off those units

Or do I take 3rd pzg which is mainly on the mink rail line and drive to minks and then north try to entrap those units.

I am taking out hq where I can but encircling them has proven difficult
Old 24 Oct 16, 19:50
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
If I can make a blanket suggestion, use your Panzer units to surround and your Infantry to kill the pocket. I have also done it the other way around, but you really want to conserve the Panzer Divisions. Look for Red Army HQ units as well to surround. The most damage will happen if you can kill the Baltic Military District, West, South and Southwest HQ's. I always hope to trap the BMD west of Riga so they can't escape. For whatever reasons the South and Souhwest HQ are always hard to catch.

The line of fortifications you can probably see around Zhitomyr can be gone around. Odessa is a major port/target as well. You hope to take it early as it can be really hard to take with a Garrison unit inside.

Pruitt

Old 24 Oct 16, 20:52
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
If I can make a blanket suggestion, use your Panzer units to surround and your Infantry to kill the pocket. I have also done it the other way around, but you really want to conserve the Panzer Divisions. Look for Red Army HQ units as well to surround. The most damage will happen if you can kill the Baltic Military District, West, South and Southwest HQ's. I always hope to trap the BMD west of Riga so they can't escape. For whatever reasons the South and Souhwest HQ are always hard to catch.

The line of fortifications you can probably see around Zhitomyr can be gone around. Odessa is a major port/target as well. You hope to take it early as it can be really hard to take with a Garrison unit inside.

Pruitt
yeah I am always looking for those pesky hqs

oh I been using my tanks to go deep. Just in the South they seem to have activated a lot of troops this turn. I had daylight to run through at the end of my turn.

in the south they are hiding there hq very well way in the back. I haven't really seen them except for specific army hqs

I am just semi undecided in which way I should send my troops as I said there a few choices for encirlcements but that means letting others escape. Trying to figure out what gets me the most bang for my buck. I think I can get the Army Group West hq this turn as it is sitting just north of Minsk

actually haven't gotten the option to move my fsb yet but think I will get that option next turn.

I plan to move them to Lvov and Davaglis and minsk and then go into RR for the panzer grps. I think my inf in ACG Central will reach minsk next turn.

ACG North I am going to have to slug my way to the east ( 4th pzg 16th army) and the North (18th Army group). Seems to be a lot of units up north compared to your guys game.

Last edited by craven; 24 Oct 16 at 20:58..
Old 24 Oct 16, 21:17
France

The Exorcist was able to encircle a number of Red Army units in our game. Remember the AI will be able to activate a number of new units per turn, some will be garrisons. It sounds like they are still using Regular troops. Soon they will be activating conscripts.

Pruitt

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!