StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Army

Notices and Announcements

Army ACG service in the Army of any nation.

Old 06 Feb 12, 20:30
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by veteran69-72 View Post
I WAS IN BAGI WITH THE 22ND ARVN DIV. MACV IN THE G-2 SECTION FROM APRIL 70- FEB 71. LOOKING FOR JOHN WESSING.
Welcome to the forum Vet. I know we supported 22nd ARVN in '72 but not sure about of '70 cruise. I'll check and get back to you.

There's a lot to read on the Vietnam forum and a chance someone might know J Wessing. That forum gets a helluva lot more readers than this one.

Old 09 Feb 12, 14:21
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
I'm no help...in '70 my ship supported

1st MARDIV
5th MEC
AMERICAL
9th ARVN
21st ARVN

Only I Corps and IV Corps for us that year and most I Corps duty was just south of the DMZ or targets available in Da Nang area. Nothing I can find south of Da Nang.
Old 08 Feb 14, 15:19
Recruit
United_States

bobbreed is on the path to success [1-99]
I was in Ba Gi in early 1970 and had to endure the nightly "junior officers need to learn table manners" with Col Barth. Later, I escaped the comic book camp with Ltc Skoin and went to Kontum leaving in Feb 71. Dennis Morello, Bob Tripp - you out there.
Bob Breed 0-3
Old 13 Apr 14, 08:10
Recruit
United_States

Covan4/42nd is on the path to success [1-99]
42nd Regiment Tan Canh

New to the site. I was BCAT Cmdr wit the 4th Bn, 42nd Regt. Jan 70 to Jan 71 up at Tan Canh. The 42nd was carried as, Separate, at that time and under Op Control of the 24th STZ in Kontum. During the month long, April 70, battle of Dak Seang, SF border camp up the Dak Poko valley about 20 klicks north of old Dak To II airstrip, the 22nd Div Forward moved up to Tan Canh to run the ARVN campaign. We took a heavy beating with 2 of our 42nd Bns reduced to non-operational along with 1 of the ARVN elite Ranger bns I think was the 23rd bn 2nd ranger group. That bns Sr NCO advisor gary littrell got the MOH and the SF team medic in Dak Seang, Gary Biekrich, also got the MOH.
anyone out there from the 42nd?
Old 21 Apr 15, 23:20
Recruit
United_States

SP5Bobob is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello,

I was a member of MACV, Advisory Team 22 in both QuiNhon and BaGi. I am in contact with another team member that applied for benefits from the VA for PTSD and they had no record of the place either. He was able to submit info about a fellow team member that was killed in a Huey crash and this proved sufficient enough for him to get benefits.
I have also been back to QuiNhon/BaGi twice; 1998 & 2009 and ran into a retired USA Army major that now lives in the area and has a company there as his adopted daughter is Vietnamese. I think he would be able to verify the existence of MACV, Advisory Team 22. If you get in touch with me I would be glad to help you out.
SP/5 Robert Griffon - 1967-68
Old 06 May 15, 09:47
Recruit
United_States

David Blackburn is on the path to success [1-99]
Kontum 22

Hello

I too was in Kontum Feb 3 1964 when attacked. The bad guys got thru the wire, set charges, blew up buildings, and at first light we found some bad guys and parts of bad guys. Gen Westmorland visited pinning medals on the como guy who sounded the alarm saving us from more damage.

Are there others on the forum who were there at the time of the attack and can you provide a brief summary of your recolections.

Thanks Kontum 22
Old 30 May 16, 17:13
Recruit
United_States

bobbreed is on the path to success [1-99]
I was there the night it happened but not on duty in the TOC. Unfortunately, it was kept pretty hush-hush and several days before anything was said to the compound. I never knew of any claims other than they got caught in a RUF/PUF ambush. And that was established only after they found a wrist watch several days later.
Bob

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!