StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 23 Jun 15, 20:22
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
World of Warship Open Beta

Will begin tomorrow for all those that had waited now anyone can play!

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 23 Jun 15, 22:33
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
I'll be there
Old 24 Jun 15, 15:58
Captain
United_States

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
my bad looks like tomorrow

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/c...0-patch-notes/
Old 25 Jun 15, 17:26
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
No it's not starting yet:

Quote:
With the deployment of the update, your current game progress will be wiped as was mentioned yesterday, meaning your ships and stats on your profile will be reset to zero. We are wiping it all, so once the Open Beta begins (at a later date), everybody starts on a relatively equal footing. This update does not quite signal the start of OBT. We'll have a start date for you very soon. Be sure to read up on the Beta Rewards in yesterday's article.
Old 30 Jun 15, 07:56
Captain
United_States

Okay my bad i was a week early. Try this link. http://worldofwarships.com/en/game/download/
Old 30 Jun 15, 14:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I've been in since the Closed Beta.

My game name is daemonofdecay.

Add me in game and we can division up!
"In Iraq, the U.S. intervened and occupied, and the result was a costly disaster. In Libya, the U.S. intervened and did not occupy, and the result was a costly disaster. In Syria, the U.S. neither intervened nor occupied, and the result is a costly disaster."
-- Philip Gordon, 2015
Old 30 Jun 15, 16:53
Captain
United_States

okay if you are getting in do it now

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/inde...nal-load-test/
Old 02 Jul 15, 09:16
Captain
United_States

Full steam ahead

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/obt-now-open/
Old 06 Jul 15, 20:16
Captain
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
I've been in since the Closed Beta.

My game name is daemonofdecay.

Add me in game and we can division up!
Sorry I am sirdano so if I forget add me first!
Old 07 Jul 15, 09:25
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
my system meets the minimum requirements for this game but my internet but my internet never seems to get over 700-800k the game calls for a 1000k minimum.

I stopped my install rather than waste bandwidth on something I cannot play. Is the game unplayable with lower than 1000k or would I just be a poorly performing captain (due to lag).

I can for instance play League of Legends with no problem but MechWarrior runs to poorly to be functional for me or enjoyable for my team mates (a real hoot for opponents however).

War Thunder (warplanes) ran fine. I suck but It ran adequately.

Last edited by Widow Maker; 07 Jul 15 at 09:28.. Reason: omission
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Jul 15, 15:01
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
my system meets the minimum requirements for this game but my internet but my internet never seems to get over 700-800k the game calls for a 1000k minimum.

I stopped my install rather than waste bandwidth on something I cannot play. Is the game unplayable with lower than 1000k or would I just be a poorly performing captain (due to lag).

I can for instance play League of Legends with no problem but MechWarrior runs to poorly to be functional for me or enjoyable for my team mates (a real hoot for opponents however).

The game is actually more playable with lag than many other games, because it's not as twitch based.
"In Iraq, the U.S. intervened and occupied, and the result was a costly disaster. In Libya, the U.S. intervened and did not occupy, and the result was a costly disaster. In Syria, the U.S. neither intervened nor occupied, and the result is a costly disaster."
-- Philip Gordon, 2015
Old 10 Jul 15, 18:58
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
anyone else having difficulty signing on?

I'm assuming you just use your wargamming e-mail and password
Old 12 Jul 15, 20:22
Captain
United_States

Try a support ticket? And yes I used the same login for WOT
Old 28 Apr 16, 16:30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
The game is actually more playable with lag than many other games, because it's not as twitch based.
Well nine months after DoD telling me this I finished loading the game. I have seen almost no lag at all that I can notice. I notice that it states somewhere that the game will optimize the load for best performance on your computer and then u can customize from there.

I see no need to tweak anything. Graphics are more than sufficient, game play is smooth.....what's not to love? With me running minimum requirements this MMO runs smoother than most games regardless of listed requirements.

Wish I had loaded a little earlier. There are bonuses( experience and currency) available after the last patch as compensation for a long download. Unfortunately I have no ship above tier three. It takes using a tier four ship or above to use all the bonuses. It looks like I can get there with two days remaining on the bonuses.

I'll be buying the USS Phoenix a never built paper design scout cruiser.

A big switch from the more durable (relatively) brawler the USS St. Louis with many shorter ranged 6 inch guns. The Phoenix will have longer ranged guns and some short ranged torpedoes (which the St Lou lacks). Most importantly the Phoenix is a bit more than 50% faster than the St Louis. It take a major change in my game style to use this ships potential.

There are bonuses available at all levels or play and ships for the next 3 days so even new players can benefit. Game does have a long download (at least at my level of bandwidth).

Last edited by Widow Maker; 29 Apr 16 at 08:21..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!