StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 09 Feb 16, 15:47
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
Throw a rammer on the matilda and spam 2 pounder rounds at people while angling to use the armor. Joy.
Exactly. I've gotten into games in mine where I've stood alone against 11 enemies and survived because they were all M3s, Pz IIIs, B1s and the like. The Matilda is one of the few tanks in the game which has armor that lives up to its real life performance.
Old 13 Feb 16, 11:23
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
I've actually been keeping stats of my own on random games. I discovered the following:

The WN 8 and other stat systems the game "officially" uses are crap. They don't represent a player's worth except in the coarsest terms. You might as well not use them.

As for random games:

In a Tier IV to X game you will normally have 3 tiers of vehicles present. Only the top tier in the game really matters. The middle and bottom tiers are almost always just along for the ride so to speak. They can contribute to a win or loss but are not the deciding factor. That belongs to the top tier vehicles and players on each side.
If you work the numbers the top tier vehicles often have more HP and do more damage than the rest of the vehicles in the game combined. They are often all but immune to middle and bottom tier vehicle fire and even when they aren't the damage done isn't going to be significant enough to make a real or serious difference.
In recent upgrades they also shortened up spotting ranges considerably making scouts far more important to long range fire and artillery.

Anyway, if you play random games and aren't in the top tier, you are getting an "also ran" for a result 95 out of 100 games.
Thanks for that!

That makes the most sense.
Old 13 Feb 16, 11:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
[QUOTE=Dano;3171784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
I just started playing last week...I think it's been about 3 years. Been playing World of Warships a bit off and on for a couple months now.
accuracy and the made-up-on-the-spot tanks (like those giant OP Jap tanks ).

This has happen with every new branch in the tech tree that comes out. They OP all the tanks get everyone to grind and spend money on that line then the nerf hammer comes out.

Wash and repeat.

But I still find myself playing for time to time when I need a switch from WOWS.
Yeah I figured the money thing was true, but hoped that it wasn't. As I've said before, these games are just arcade games and not historical simulations, the bottom line is to earn money.
Old 13 Feb 16, 21:49
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The thing I'd like most is that more people are on that are willing to platoon, chat, and such. That seems more important to me than just repetitive play.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!