StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Orders of Battle

Notices and Announcements

Orders of Battle Orders-of-battle, TO&E's, and related information on who fought where and what they brought to the battle.

Old 23 Jan 16, 04:21
Private
United_States

berlin88 is on the path to success [1-99]
Looking for K-series TOE

I am looking for the US Marine Corps K-Series TOE, and was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can find it?

I am specifically after the K-series TOE for the Infantry Regiment / Infantry Battalion / Infantry Company.

I tried Google, but couldn't find the K-series toe, just the other WW2 era series.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 24 Jan 16, 12:31
Private
United_States

Grunt77 is on the path to success [1-99]
Google "Mobilization of the Marine Corps Reserve in the Korean Cinflict, 1950-1951" reprinted in 1967 by HQ, USMC G3 Historical section. On page 4 is the organization of a K-Series MarDiv during war time and page 5 has the peacetime org. Unfortunately for the regiment is doesn't go below Battalion except for the H&S and other support companies in the regiment.
Old 24 Jan 16, 12:40
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Have you tried the Marine Corps' Historical Center online?
Old 27 Jan 16, 15:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Here you go.

http://www.mcu.usmc.mil/historydivis...9000318700.pdf
Old 28 Jan 16, 13:12
Sergeant
UK

Gary Kennedy is on the path to success [1-99] Gary Kennedy is on the path to success [1-99]
Not sure if a link to google books will go the same page, but there's a précis of the Marine Inf Regt here (pages 32-33);

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...201950&f=false

There are T/Os for the K-Series Regt, but I don't have copies myself. I think they would suffer from the same problem as the 1945 G-Series tables though, which omit the details of all support weapons and transport for units. This info was given on a Part II document, that for reasons unknown to me, isn't available, which makes reconstructing the Sep45 Marine Division a real...

Back to the question asked though -

Constituent T/Os for Marine Infantry Regiment, all dated 31st May 1949

K1013 - Rifle Company
K1023 - Weapons Company
K1037 - HQ & Service Company
K1038 - Infantry Battalion (summary)

K1073 - Antitank Company
K1083 - 4.2-inch Mortar Company
K1097 - HQ & Service Company
K1099 - Infantry Regiment (summary)

Gary
Old 29 Jan 16, 19:55
Private
United_States

berlin88 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks for the responses thus far. I have managed to acquire some of the information I was looking for.

I now have the following information:

Infantry Regiment
Headquarters & Services Company (32-249)
Mortar Company (4-136)
Anti Tank Company (4-108)
Infantry Battalion (43-1080)

Now I just need to find some organizational charts for these units, that detail the organization of the individual companies in the battalions, and the number of personnel in those companies.

I don't need anything real specific like historical equipment and so forth, just the personnel counts and the structure of the unit, namely squad, platoon, company, etc.

I found a detailed toe for the F-series Infantry Regiment, but the K-series seems to be a little harder to find.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/OOB/Regt-TOE-F/
Old 30 Jan 16, 12:19
Sergeant
UK

Gary Kennedy is on the path to success [1-99] Gary Kennedy is on the path to success [1-99]
Best I can offer is the Rifle Squad was the same as F-Series; the G-Series took the same Platoon across but deleted the demolitions Cpl from Pl HQ.

Other than that I feel there'd have been a lot of changes between F and K Series.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!