StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 01 Jun 13, 05:13
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99] IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99]
War Thunder Ground Forces (Tanks add on teaser and first screenshots in game)

War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.

War Thunder has had huge success with over one million players signing up to play it. I believe this game is 10x better then world of planes and soon to be better then World of Tanks. (Also they will be adding in battle ships, fleets, air carriers once done with the planes/tanks) ( They already have screenshots on the Japanese fleet on their website.)

Please note that the work is in progress and these early screenshots do not reflect the final quality.

These are actual in-game screenshots with early textures, lights and shadows. Pictures were taken right from the game.

Also if you have not giving this game a try I recommend you do the beauty of the graphics alone are the worth the plane everything is perfection from the dirt on the ground to the sun glare. (Also this game is great for mouse and keyboard users and also Joystick users they have a game mode just for Joystick users and game modes for both. The controls work great and are fluent for each.)
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 01 Jun 13, 05:17
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99] IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99]
(War Thunder is a PC game which will also be making a debut on the PS4 once its released. This is great news because the PC version is fantastic and I cant wait to also be able to play on the PS4

War Thunder will make its console debut on PlayStation®4 (PS4™) in time for the holiday 2013 season. War Thunder will provide PS4 players with unparalleled first person gameplay entertainment experiences that allows them to enter into action filled, highly explosive World War II battles from the air, mobilized on the ground or out at sea.
Gaijin Entertainment will optimize the potent power of PS4 and its next generation computer entertainment system to redefine War Thunder’s rich gameplay with powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative cloud options. War Thunder will feature stunning lifelike dynamics of real-time flight and precision in its details of planes, tanks and war ships, and intuitive controls thanks to the new gamepad Dual Shock 4. The power of PS4 will allow developers to include improved head-tracking system, easier socializing tools, smart and easy options to record, stream and share homemade gameplay videos and will have full support of PlayStation Cloud.
«We're convinced that our cooperation with Sony will not only make the War Thunder franchise better, but it will give our fans a new level of gaming experience that will figuratively blown their mind,» said Gaijin Entertainment’s Creative Director Kirill Yudintsev. «Partnering with Sony Computer Entertainment is the most natural progression for the War Thunder brand, from our hugely successful beginnings on PC with more than 1.5 million players, to our recent announcement that War Thunder is under development for mobile devices. We are excited to bring War Thunder to the leading next-generation platform, the PS4.»
War Thunder team
«PlayStation» and «PS4» are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Old 01 Jun 13, 05:21
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

Here goes the fan video that introduces some new planes from the upcoming global update! (1.31)

Old 01 Jun 13, 05:25
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

"Howdy, pilots!
What we’ve got for you today is a set of screenshots showing two new aircraft featured in the upcoming major update: MIG-3 and LaGG-3 66-series. These two are really worth your attention, and having specific temper and parameters they’ll definitely find themselves thousands of dedicated fans.
Due to technical forum restrictions I’m unable to attach all the screens to the message, so most of them are available through external links.
C’mon, let’s take a look." - ruNike

And a bonus plane!

Old 01 Jun 13, 05:29
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

Demo of the new shadow system that will be released in the next big global update

Old 01 Jun 13, 05:30
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

Pilots!

War Thunder gets four prizes of the Russia’s biggest gaming conference KRI 2013 (Russian Game Developer's Conference)!

War Thunder and Gaijin Entertainment have been awarded in four nominations of KRI 2013:

Best Game

Best Game Developer

Best Technology

Best Sound
Old 01 Jun 13, 05:34
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

War Thunder has a contest they do every week which is "Screenshot of the week!" "Every week War Thunder Players who submit their most striking pictures will be amply rewarded with Golden Eagle" "The best screenshots will be published on War Thunder Official website, let everyone see the deadly beauty of your aircraft thundering in the skies of battle!" "every screenshot made within the game, no third party editors or software applied."

Here are some screenshots sent in by users. For more check out this link

http://warthunder.com/en/media/screenshots/

Old 01 Jun 13, 05:36
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

Developers Diaries: Damage Model

Check out this link for some interesting details on Damage Models.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...e-model/page-1
Old 04 Jun 13, 12:55
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
WT is a great game so far, I find it to be a much better product than WoWP, but I'm more interested in the AFV aspect. That's what I'm waiting for, to see if it's better than WoT.

Last edited by Arthwys; 04 Jun 13 at 12:56.. Reason: spelling
Old 05 Dec 13, 15:31
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

http://warthunder.com/en/news/355/current/

""Pilots and tankers!

We are happy to announce that today the War Thunder project steps into the next stage of its development: the Ground Forces closed beta test.

Over the past three weeks the Ground Forces HQ issued 26 special tasks. Completing each of them increased player’s chances of accessing the Ground Forces CBT. And today the lucky few are receiving the letters, inviting them to join the testing.

If you completed all or just some of the tasks, but didn’t receive the invitation yet, do not worry. We are going to invite a gradually increasing number of testers every day. Please note that spreading any information about the content being tested without a proper developers’ approval is strictly forbidden and signing a non-disclosure agreement is required before joining the CBT.

Another way to participate in it is purchasing our special collector’s tank packs, that include unique premium vehicles, exclusive decals and titles. Please find more details on the tank packs here.

This list of the means to enter the CBT is not full yet. Stay tuned and follow our official announcements!

See you on the battlefield!

War Thunder developers team""

Some older footage from october

http://warthunder.com/en/news/355/current/
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Dec 13, 16:22
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
1) I hope they don't resort to placing "make-believe" tanks in the game like WoT did.

2) I hope they keep the controls simple like WoT did.

3) I really hope I can play this as soon as possible.
Old 10 Dec 13, 15:24
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
1) I hope they don't resort to placing "make-believe" tanks in the game like WoT did.

2) I hope they keep the controls simple like WoT did.

3) I really hope I can play this as soon as possible.
I understand how you feel, although I'm not sure which vehicles in WoT were "make-believe" as you put it as opposed to prototypes and variants which never saw combat.

I Hope they flesh out the ground forces portion better than WG did with WoT in it's initial release.

Have you completed the missions Gaijin has on offer to get into closed beta?
I will likely not get them completed for early placement. Too much RL getting in the way.
Old 11 Dec 13, 00:55
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
I understand how you feel, although I'm not sure which vehicles in WoT were "make-believe" as you put it as opposed to prototypes and variants which never saw combat.
Yeah that is more of my point. They have no idea how these prototypes and variants will perform, but throw them in anyway. I think TAG or Tac or someone pointed this out in another thread somewhere--plus the wildly different abilities that the tanks have compared to RL. I think WoT would have been fine if they stayed with actual vehicles and not using the variants, the made-up variants, and the never-produced prototypes. And autoloaders are incredibly irritating.

Quote:
I Hope they flesh out the ground forces portion better than WG did with WoT in it's initial release.

Have you completed the missions Gaijin has on offer to get into closed beta?
I will likely not get them completed for early placement. Too much RL getting in the way.
I have not, and most likely will not

RL affects me as well. In my case, I can only play for a few minutes a day on average because of my Meniere's Disease (this smilie represents dizziness). Maybe an hour at most on my good days.

Tank battles don't jar me as much as air combat does. And warships shouldn't phase me at all.
Old 14 Jul 15, 04:10
Recruit
United_States

addseo1150 is a balanced individual [0]
They have no idea how these prototypes and variants will perform, but throw them in anyway.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!