StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 14 Feb 15, 03:15
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBark View Post
What exactly is researching the tanks?

Can one do well in this game without all the crew stuff and assorted other "stuff?" Seems to be a needlessly complicated game, too complicated I think.
Don't worry about all that "other stuff" early on. Just fill up on ammo (I suggest checking the box for automatic reload so you won't forget to resupply in future matches) and head out if you don't have the funds to buy "other stuff" right away.

The research panel can be accessed from your garage. Click on the button on the right side of the screen. After awhile you'll figure it all out. I recommend World of Tanks Wiki for useful information.

Have fun and try not to shoot any of your teammates.
Old 15 Feb 15, 00:49
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It would be really cool if ACG had a casual clan going for posters / members who do play to get on. Adding TeamSpeak 3 would be useful too.
That way the ACG clan could talk to each other and really **** one and other off to no end!

Old 15 Feb 15, 13:02
Lieutenant General
France
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
It would be really cool if ACG had a casual clan going for posters / members who do play to get on. Adding TeamSpeak 3 would be useful too.
That way the ACG clan could talk to each other and really **** one and other off to no end!

Couldn't agree more on TS3.

On my tablet I have upgraded to an A20 so I am now thrown in with a higher grade of tanks. Hetzers are blowing me to pieces, had a duel with a Matilda this a.m., guess who won that one sided clash? What is the advantage of upgrading? Whole lotta fun, I must say.

Thanks men.

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!
Old 15 Feb 15, 14:04
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:

I've been playing on and off for about 2 years mostly by myself and I absolutely love this idea. My WOT account is Kilroy_12.

Quote:
On my tablet I have upgraded to an A20 so I am now thrown in with a higher grade of tanks. Hetzers are blowing me to pieces, had a duel with a Matilda this a.m., guess who won that one sided clash? What is the advantage of upgrading? Whole lotta fun, I must say.
That's more the result of the specific tank you're driving than being at a higher tier. The A-20 is pretty bad and the Hetzer and Matilda are two of the strongest tanks at the level. Early Soviet tanks in general are pretty bad and don't improve much until you get the T-34.In fact I gave up on the A-20 and started over down the T-60/T-70/T-80 line to get the T-34. The low level British tanks are probably the easiest to play. Things like the Cruisers and later Matilda and Valentine. Early German tanks are pretty effective too. Just my personal opinion.
Old 15 Feb 15, 15:18
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:

Yeah it would be cool. I've been playing off and on for two years. My user name is the same as I use for here. jonny87kz
"A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant
Sponsored Links

Old 16 Feb 15, 00:30
General of the Forums
United_States

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
My WoT account name is Murotsu if you want to add it.
Old 16 Feb 15, 02:49
Lieutenant General
France

JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200]
Doesn't TS support "private rooms" ? Couldn't those of us that are from AG use TS when we're there, possibly even coordinate times?

Old 16 Feb 15, 22:49
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Doesn't TS support "private rooms" ? Couldn't those of us that are from AG use TS when we're there, possibly even coordinate times?
Yes so long as you have them set up and a channel up for all of them.
Old 16 Feb 15, 23:36
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Couldn't agree more on TS3.

Thanks men.
Here is an option for playing it. Make on scout run and get back to base. Then wait. Move around a bit try to get some spots. Don't be aggressive for at least 3 mins or so. Maybe even wait a bit longer. By then the enemy team should be cut in half. Now you can go into combat. Find the main battle and flank. Shoot guys in the back. Don't try to one on one though. After a bit run on to their base an find the arty. Though be careful you don't run into camping TDs. Also, Try tracking things. Shoot the wheel sprockets. You will get tracking damage if they are shot which means xp. The main ways of getting xp are spotting, damaging, and tracking. A bit long winded but it should help. A-20 isn't a bad tank. It is a bit awkward though. Just take your time. No need to get an express ticket back to the garage.
Old 18 Feb 15, 07:22
Gunnery Sergeant
Canada

JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99]
I use my JohnnySideburns persona on WoT. I play 10-12 games most evenings and have a headset. Send me a quick ingame message Introduction and we could platoon. I have an averege win rate and do pretty good in tier 5 -7.

OP - If you are learning may I suggest moving up to tier 3 and purchasing a premium T-127 light tank. The cost is around $10 and they are great as well as forgiving little tanks with good armor and a decent gun. Gameplay is a bit more organized than in tier 1 & 2 but more forgiving than tier 4 & 5. There are also some excellent vids on youtube which explain the spotting mechanics, which is why you are getting killed so quickley by invsatanks. Do a quick search and check some out on youtube and they will help you become the killer.

Cheers
Old 18 Feb 15, 10:58
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
I'm on the NA East server and my name is the same there as here.

But I don't have team speak.
Old 19 Feb 15, 09:37
Lieutenant General
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynelhutz View Post
I'm on the NA East server and my name is the same there as here.

But I don't have team speak.
Free to use and only requires a headset with microphone, some of which are fairly inexpensive.

Old 19 Feb 15, 09:43
Lieutenant General
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
Here is an option for playing it. Make on scout run and get back to base. Then wait. Move around a bit try to get some spots. Don't be aggressive for at least 3 mins or so. Maybe even wait a bit longer. By then the enemy team should be cut in half. Now you can go into combat. Find the main battle and flank. Shoot guys in the back. Don't try to one on one though. After a bit run on to their base an find the arty. Though be careful you don't run into camping TDs. Also, Try tracking things. Shoot the wheel sprockets. You will get tracking damage if they are shot which means xp. The main ways of getting xp are spotting, damaging, and tracking. A bit long winded but it should help. A-20 isn't a bad tank. It is a bit awkward though. Just take your time. No need to get an express ticket back to the garage.
Thanks. I tried this last night, somewhat accidentally and was successful. Put the kill shot in on two or three tanks during one mission. Fun stuff. I also tried a shot to the threads on a Matilda which helped someone else kill it. More good stuff. I must get my controller or joystick set up working because I simply don't feel "right" with the keyboard.

Old 11 Mar 15, 13:38
Lieutenant General
France

For anyone still viewing this I have used a Logitech controller on the game. Better than a keyboard but does not allow for the zoom of the gunsight. I'll have to do some more research and see if anyone was able to program this on the controller. If not I may switch to a joystick.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!