StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War > Vietnam War Videos

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War Videos Videos and documentaries about the Wars in Vietnam 1945-1975

Old 19 Feb 15, 22:23
Staff Sergeant
United_States

WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99]
♠ U.S. Armed Forces - Vietnam ♠ (montage)

Well this is my 2nd post and I'm already diving into my 2nd favorite pastime, video editing. The following is a Vietnam war montage I put together recently. It's pretty long (12 min) but it should be worth the watch for anyone interested in seeing rare combat footage. As a warning it is a very *graphic* and contains images of dead NVA as well as deceased U.S. servicemen. The video supports 720p res so hopefully the picture quality is somewhat sharp considering the source. My father fought in Vietnam as a forward observer in the U.S. Army from 67-68 so I can understand the mental pain combat can cause. We all experienced the after effects and it took a great toll on our family. I don't take the experience lightly. My father had stories I will carry with me forever.

Last edited by WarFilms44; 19 Feb 15 at 22:41..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 19 Feb 15, 23:05
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500]
holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500] holly6 is a jewel in the rough [500]
If editing is your point, I would extend the scenes you feel bring the most to your theme. The quick change was a bit of a distraction. But then, I'm old.
Old 19 Feb 15, 23:29
Staff Sergeant
United_States

WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99] WarFilms44 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6 View Post
If editing is your point, I would extend the scenes you feel bring the most to your theme. The quick change was a bit of a distraction. But then, I'm old.
Hello Holly,

I can see your plight and do appreciate your response. Point taken on the quick changes. My thought process was to time certain scenes with the fast music beat while also craming in as much footage as possible. It could be a case of over-editing though as I spent about 10 hours total in the seat.
Old 20 Feb 15, 11:06
General of the Forums
Powflag
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarFilms44 View Post
Well this is my 2nd post and I'm already diving into my 2nd favorite pastime, video editing. The following is a Vietnam war montage I put together recently. It's pretty long (12 min) but it should be worth the watch for anyone interested in seeing rare combat footage. As a warning it is a very *graphic* and contains images of dead NVA as well as deceased U.S. servicemen. The video supports 720p res so hopefully the picture quality is somewhat sharp considering the source. My father fought in Vietnam as a forward observer in the U.S. Army from 67-68 so I can understand the mental pain combat can cause. We all experienced the after effects and it took a great toll on our family. I don't take the experience lightly. My father had stories I will carry with me forever.

Brett,
Thanks for posting the above video. Even though I have seen some of the video clips before, the way you have arranged them made it interesting for me to watch. If you father is still alive, please thank him for his service. I was incountry from 67-69 up in ICorp. As far as the graphic content, I personally do not think any 'war video' should be sanitized. While it may be hard to watch and it may hurt family and friends to see images of lost loved ones, war is horrific, violent, disgusting and savage. It is important for people to recognize this so that they will never wish it upon another generation of our young people unless it is under the most extreme conditions and threat to our nation.
Again, thank you for your efforts.
Sincerely,
D1
Old 20 Feb 15, 11:54
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaOne View Post
Brett,
Thanks for posting the above video. Even though I have seen some of the video clips before, the way you have arranged them made it interesting for me to watch. If you father is still alive, please thank him for his service. I was incountry from 67-69 up in ICorp. As far as the graphic content, I personally do not think any 'war video' should be sanitized. While it may be hard to watch and it may hurt family and friends to see images of lost loved ones, war is horrific, violent, disgusting and savage. It is important for people to recognize this so that they will never wish it upon another generation of our young people unless it is under the most extreme conditions and threat to our nation.
Again, thank you for your efforts.
Sincerely,
D1
Don,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the work, and yes my father is still running strong. I showed him the video last night and although he is old fashioned and didn't care for the first music choice (Metallica) he did enjoy the second part of the video and the quote used from the film Hamburger Hill. He went on to say if he could go back in time he would do the exact same thing again if he had the chance. That is a big statement coming from him considering the after war issues he faced.

Thank you again.
Old 20 Feb 15, 12:14
General of the Forums
Powflag
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarFilms44 View Post
Don,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the work, and yes my father is still running strong. I showed him the video last night and although he is old fashioned and didn't care for the first music choice (Metallica) he did enjoy the second part of the video and the quote used from the film Hamburger Hill. He went on to say if he could go back in time he would do the exact same thing again if he had the chance. That is a big statement coming from him considering the after war issues he faced.

Thank you again.
A generation of young men came home to a very different life they had left behind a year or two earlier. You may find a few who will say they did not find such but most did. Dealing with the conditions over there, the amount of combat that most grunts faced, the way the war was being run, what was happening at home, etc DID make coming home and putting the war behind you hard. I have a few friends who stayed in the army after the war and I believe it was a little easier for them from their comments but then again, there are probably a few that would not agree with that either.
Anyways, well done. Appreciate your interest in a war thats now 50 years old and a generation that is starting to see their numbers drop.
Cheers,
D1

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!