StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 23 Apr 13, 06:46
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder76 View Post
Listy, watched some of that guys videos on you tube and the next thing I know this happens!

Now to find out if it was just a fluke
You must have been screaming about that VK3001P.

Not a bad account either, mastery class 2 or 3 on nearly every tank.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 23 Apr 13, 14:20
Lieutenant General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
this anything to do with you old bean?

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/7014-ste...ueen-part-one/
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.
Old 23 Apr 13, 16:23
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
this anything to do with you old bean?

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/7014-ste...ueen-part-one/

Yup.

As is this.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 24 Apr 13, 04:14
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
You must have been screaming about that VK3001P.

Not a bad account either, mastery class 2 or 3 on nearly every tank.
Mastery class badges mean virtually nothing, even awful players can get Ace Tanker. For most players it's just a matter of luck; and for good players, they can be indicative of proficiency at various nations and tank classes.
Old 24 Apr 13, 13:30
Lieutenant General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Mastery class badges mean virtually nothing, even awful players can get Ace Tanker. For most players it's just a matter of luck; and for good players, they can be indicative of proficiency at various nations and tank classes.
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight.
Old 24 Apr 13, 13:46
UK

Quote:
Check your PM's... that should make you happier.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 24 Apr 13, 15:54
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Geez. You just can't have anyone playing WoT just for the fun of it, can you?

For everyone else doing well, it's just luck. When you do it, it's skill and determination.

You can't have it both ways.
Old 25 Apr 13, 01:34
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
Geez. You just can't have anyone playing WoT just for the fun of it, can you?
The "play for fun" types are not only pathological liars, they are ruining the game. Those who claim to have fun/play for fun when they lose the overwhelming majority of their battles without even getting a shot off are merely trying to justify their horribadness.

Quote:
For everyone else doing well, it's just luck. When you do it, it's skill and determination.

You can't have it both ways.
That's not what I said. Clearly you have no conception of how the Mastery Class Badge mechanics function.

Mastery Class Badges are awarded for having a single battle in which the player scored higher than the weekly average experience in that specific tank. Thus, it is incredibly easy to earn them, even if you're bad@tanks. It just means you got lucky one battle during a week in which a disproportionate number of baddies played that vehicle.

Empirical studies suggest that most baddies earn their mastery badges during specials in which certain vehicles are earning bonuses, causing an influx of other bad players to play that vehicle, lowering the average weekly stats for that tank.

On the other hand, having Ace Tanker in pretty much every tank you have (in addition to good stats) is normally indicative of being proficient at all nations and tank classes.
Old 25 Apr 13, 05:36
UK

Quote:
The "play for fun" types are not only pathological liars, they are ruining the game. Those who claim to have fun/play for fun when they lose the overwhelming majority of their battles without even getting a shot off are merely trying to justify their horribadness.
Ahhh one of those players. Got ya, it all makes sense now.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 25 Apr 13, 09:32
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Sponsored Links

Old 25 Apr 13, 10:21
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Wow. You just don't get it then. 1) It's just a game. 2) Playing for fun is exactly that: playing to have fun, regardless of the outcome. I'm playing WoT because I'm having fun with it, not because I need to use it to justify some sort of manhood. I also realize that having high stats means squat in the long run. I'm an average tanker. Some of my tanks I do very well in, others not so much. I don't really care. I pick the tanks I like to play, play them, and have fun doing it. I play for fun. Am I a pathelogical liar? I've got more wins than losses, and quite a few draws. How have I ruined the game?

And how does playing to have fun "ruin the game" for everyone else?

This attack against "play-for-fun" types and the name calling represents some sort of obsession with a video game specifically designed to just have fun with. It's a game, chill out. The others here play to have fun. Unless you're getting paid to play, and rely on it as your income, it shouldn't be anything else but that: a game. Recreation. Try and have fun with it for once.

If anything, it's your types of players that ruin the fun for everyone else (but not the game itself, of course). Obessessing over stats that don't mean anything, looking down your nose at other players with some sort of elevated superiorty complex, giving complex techincal and tactical advice in a game where the biggest skill is how well you click your mouse button.

I don't consider you a bad tanker in game. I just consider you a bad player now. I'm sorry, Destroyer, but this WoT pissing contest you want to be part of doesn't exist here.

Quote:
Clearly you have no conception of how the Mastery Class Badge mechanics function.
Again, this falls into the "you're not doing it right" category of advice/insults that you try to pass it off as "teaching others how to play better".
Old 26 Apr 13, 21:04
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Wow. You just don't get it then. 1) It's just a game. 2) Playing for fun is exactly that: playing to have fun, regardless of the outcome. I'm playing WoT because I'm having fun with it, not because I need to use it to justify some sort of manhood. I also realize that having high stats means squat in the long run. I'm an average tanker. Some of my tanks I do very well in, others not so much. I don't really care. I pick the tanks I like to play, play them, and have fun doing it. I play for fun. Am I a pathelogical liar? I've got more wins than losses, and quite a few draws. How have I ruined the game?

And how does playing to have fun "ruin the game" for everyone else?

This attack against "play-for-fun" types and the name calling represents some sort of obsession with a video game specifically designed to just have fun with. It's a game, chill out. The others here play to have fun. Unless you're getting paid to play, and rely on it as your income, it shouldn't be anything else but that: a game. Recreation. Try and have fun with it for once.

If anything, it's your types of players that ruin the fun for everyone else (but not the game itself, of course). Obessessing over stats that don't mean anything, looking down your nose at other players with some sort of elevated superiorty complex, giving complex techincal and tactical advice in a game where the biggest skill is how well you click your mouse button.

I don't consider you a bad tanker in game. I just consider you a bad player now. I'm sorry, Destroyer, but this WoT pissing contest you want to be part of doesn't exist here.

Again, this falls into the "you're not doing it right" category of advice/insults that you try to pass it off as "teaching others how to play better".
I play for fun too, and I have the most fun when I win.

What I'm saying is that those who consistently use "I play for fun" as an excuse for being terribad@tanks are ruining the game. You'll never see a good player say that he plays for fun, only baddies.

Why?

Because good players aren't idiots and don't need reminding that games are by inherent definition played for fun. Yet baddies run around shooting the ground claiming that they "play for fun" as if playing for fun and succeeding are somehow mutually exclusive.

Bad players make the game far less enjoyable for everyone.
Old 27 Apr 13, 01:50
UK

Quote:
I play for fun too, and I have the most fun when I win.

What I'm saying is that those who consistently use "I play for fun" as an excuse for being terribad@tanks are ruining the game. You'll never see a good player say that he plays for fun, only baddies.

Why?

Because good players aren't idiots and don't need reminding that games are by inherent definition played for fun. Yet baddies run around shooting the ground claiming that they "play for fun" as if playing for fun and succeeding are somehow mutually exclusive.

Bad players make the game far less enjoyable for everyone.
I play for Fun.

Some of the more enjoyable games are when its me Vs 2-3 enemies on an ice wide open map and I'm in a camo'd TD. Then its stalking time.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 28 Apr 13, 03:36
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
I play for Fun.

Some of the more enjoyable games are when its me Vs 2-3 enemies on an ice wide open map and I'm in a camo'd TD. Then its stalking time.
Obviously the most satisfying games are ones that end in such clutch moments.
Old 10 May 13, 10:03
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Listy, watched some of that guys videos on you tube and the next thing I know this happens!

Now to find out if it was just a fluke
Congratulations on that.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!