StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War > Vietnam War Videos

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War Videos Videos and documentaries about the Wars in Vietnam 1945-1975

Old 09 Feb 13, 23:18
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99]
Modern day Hanoi

Cool video this gal does touring town, outdoor eateries and a family wedding. My question is, what percentage of the people live this lifestyle in modern Hanoi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...lfppJxBNQ&NR=1
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 10 Feb 13, 06:57
Major General
Viet_Nam
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo63 View Post
Cool video this gal does touring town, outdoor eateries and a family wedding. My question is, what percentage of the people live this lifestyle in modern Hanoi?
A typical touristy guide. Definitely not average Hanoian lifestyle.
Old 16 Feb 13, 18:55
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
Yes, an interesting video, but I think it's more about the young lady than Hanoi. We stay at far cheaper digs near Hai Ba Trung street and mostly wander around the areas adjacent to Hoan Kiem lake. Never paid more than $25 a night for a room but prices may have gone up. The old quarter is nice to walk around, and easy to catch buses to outlying areas. The food in the video looks good, but I prefer the cuisine from Hue south. Hanoi cuisine is different than the South, but good if not exceptionally tasty to those who like more spices. The do have exceptionally good French bread and pastries, and the water puppet show is entertaining. It can be cool in the winter months, especially in the evenings and mornings.

Madame Lirelou wants to visit Hanoi again on our next trip. I do like Hanoi, but I'm holding out for Hue. Hue girls are prettier to look at, and the Mam Tom Hue (Hue Pickled Shrimp) is to die for.

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!