HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia

Notices and Announcements

Russia Post-USSR Russia.

Old 03 Feb 13, 13:13
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Brazil Wants to Buy Russian Anti-Aircraft Weaponry – Defense Ministry

MOSCOW, February 3 (RIA Novosti) – Brazil’s Defense Ministry intends to discuss purchasing air defense systems from Russia during talks with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev later this month, the ministry said on Sunday.

"We are interested in acquiring three batteries of Pantsir-S1 missiles and two batteries of Igla missiles," General Jose Carlos De Nardi, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Brazilian Armed Forces, said in a statement.

The possible purchase of Russian anti-aircraft weaponry will be discussed during Medvedev’s visit to Brazil scheduled for the end of February, De Nardi said.
RIA
You've been talking 'bout' you want the war to cease
But when you show us hope, then we will show you peace"

Bounty Killa - look into my eyes

When in doubt: Blame Putin!
Old 04 Feb 13, 13:24
Sami

Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Russian naval ships on anti-piracy duty to call at Seychelles

VLADIVOSTOK, February 4 (Itar-Tass) – A group of Russian naval ships from the Pacific Fleet that is on anti-piracy duty off the Horn of Africa will call at the capital of Seychelles, Victoria, on Thursday, February 7, the fleet’s press service reported on Monday.

The group of Russian naval ships is led by the destroyer Marshal Shaposhnikov. This will be a business call. The naval ships will stay in Victoria five days, during which the top officers plan to meet with the minister of interior affairs and transport, as well as the command of the Seychelles Armed Forces and city authorities. Seamen from the Marshal Shaposhnikov will hold sports competitions with Seychelles seamen. A sightseeing tour will be organized for the Russian seamen, and they will also take part in an international carnival in Victoria.
ITAR TASS

Old 04 Feb 13, 14:10
Sami

Quote:
Russia's New Stealth Corvette to Start Trials in March

MOSCOW, February 4 (RIA Novosti) - The crew of new Russian stealth corvette the Boyky, the third Project 20380 (Steregushchy class) vessel, will begin state trials in March, Baltic Fleet spokesman Capt. 2nd Class Vladimir Matveyev said Monday.

Matveyev said in November 2012 that the Boyky, built by St. Petersburg’s Severnaya Verf shipyard for the Russian Navy, has successfully completed main systems tests in its initial sea trials.

He added that the Boyky has moved to the port of Baltiysk in the Kaliningrad Region for second-stage sea trials.
RIA

Old 04 Feb 13, 14:11
Sami

Quote:
Russian Defense Chief Promises Soldiers Showers by Year End

MOSCOW, February 4 (RIA Novosti) – Russian soldiers will be able to trade in weekly trips to bathhouses for regular showers by year’s end, according to plans announced Monday by Russia’s defense chief.

“I’ve given instructions to set up shower rooms in all military units by the end of 2013,” Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said during a teleconference at the General Staff’s Central Command, adding that “about 50,000 of them will have to be equipped.”
RIA

Old 04 Feb 13, 14:11
Sami

Quote:
Russian Inspectors to Make Surveillance Flight Over Greece

MOSCOW, February 4 (RIA Novosti) – Russian military inspectors will begin on Monday a surveillance flight above Greece under the international Open Skies Treaty, a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry said.

A group of Russian experts will conduct the inspection flight in an Anotonov An-30B aircraft between February 4 and 8, he said. The aircraft will take off from the Nea Anchialos airport to cover a total distance of 1,010 kilometers (628 miles).
RIA

Sponsored Links

Old 04 Feb 13, 14:22
Sami

Quote:
Russia to hold naval exercise of all 4 fleets in off-shore maritime zone

Russia will hold naval exercises of all of its four fleets in the off-shore maritime zone, said Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu in a statement on Monday.

He pointed out during a teleconference at the Central Command Post of the Russian Armed Forces General Staff that a Russian naval force held a naval exercise in the Black Sea and the eastern part of the Mediterranean from January 19th to the 29th.
VoR

Old 04 Feb 13, 14:26
Sami

Quote:
New Russian air defence missile on display in Bangalore

Russian manufacturers have taken more than 70 of their latest products to the annual aerospace fair in Bangalore, India.
VoR

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:02
Sami

Quote:
Russian Air Force to Get 48 Il-476 Transports

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Air Force's Military Transport Aviation (MTA) will receive a total of 48 Ilyushin Il-476 heavy transport planes by 2020, rather than the previously stated 39, its commander Col. Gen. Vladimir Benediktov said on Tuesday.

The Russian Defense Ministry said last October it had signed a contract worth about 140 billion rubles ($4 billion) with Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) for the delivery of 39 Il-476 planes by 2020.

“The MTA will receive its first series-produced [Il-476] planes by 2014, and a total of 48 by 2020,” Benediktov said.

The Il-476, (also known as the Il-76-MD-90A) is a significantly modernized variant of the Il-76 Candid transport plane, featuring a fully-digital flight control system, new avionics and PS-90A-76 engines with improved fuel efficiency systems.
RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:03
Sami

Quote:
Russia Remains Key Arms Supplier for India – Rosoboronexport

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) – Russia remains a key supplier of weaponry to India with good prospects for future military-technical cooperation, Deputy General Director of Russia’s state arms exporter Rosoboronexport, Viktor Komardin, said.

“The country [India] is one of the main importers of defense products on the global scale, and Russia continues to be one of its key suppliers,” Komardin, who heads the Russian delegation at the upcoming AERO INDIA 2013 international aerospace show, said in an exclusive interview with RIA Novosti on Monday.
RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:03
Sami

Quote:
Russian Weapons Sales Shift Away From East – Arms Official

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) – Russia is losing arms markets in Asia and the Middle East, two of its traditional strongholds, but gaining new ones in Latin America and Africa, a Russian arms official said this week ahead of an aviation expo in India, a major buyer of Russian weaponry that has recently been opting for Western hardware.

"While losing [some], we have gained new markets, like Venezuela for instance," said Alexander Fomin, head of Russia's Federal Military-Technical Cooperation Service, who is leading Russia's delegation at the Aero India show, opening Wednesday near the city of Bangalore. "We are getting back forgotten, old Soviet markets, like Peru for example. In Africa – Mali, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda. In Asia – Oman," he said.

RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:04
Sami

Quote:
Russian Soldier Gets 2.5 Years in Prison for 17 Years of AWOL

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) – A Russian soldier who ran away from his army unit 17 years ago was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison on charges of being absent without official leave (AWOL), the Russian Investigative Committee said on Tuesday.

Anatoly Veryaskin fled his military unit in Russia’s Orenburg Region in 1996 and hid in the North Caucasus republic of Dagestan, where he earned money occasionally working at local farms.
RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:05
Sami

Quote:
Russia Starts Kuril Islands Exercises

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) - Russia has started large-scale military exercises in the disputed Kuril Islands in the country's far east, a military official said on Tuesday.

The Kuril Islands, known to neighboring Japan as the Northern Territories, are a contentious issue in Russian-Japanese relations. The exercises are taking place just two days before Japan marks its Northern Territories Day on February 7.

The exercises have included cooperation between Russian Pacific Fleet ships, tactical fighter aviation and artillery as well as border guard personnel based in the islands area, eastern military district spokesman Alexander Gordeyev told reporters on Tuesday.
RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:06
Sami

Quote:
No Fuel in Russia For French-Built Warship - Deputy PM

MOSCOW, February 5 (RIA Novosti) - Russia does not produce the type of fuel necessary for the French-made Mistral-class amphibious assault vessels it has ordered, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said Tuesday.

The Mistral class are powered by electric motors supplied by diesel-powered turbogenerators, according to naval-technology.com. Diesel fuel can suffer from a condition known as waxing or gelling in cold conditions, causing it to clog up fuel injection systems, naval systems engineers say. The condition can be corrected by use of certain chemical additives, or pre-heating the fuel, as is done in some cars.

“Probably, our chemists will prepare some special additives to solve this problem,” Rogozin, who oversees Russia’s military industry, told reporters on Tuesday. In January, Rogozin criticized the 1.2 billion euro deal to buy the ships, saying they would not be able to operate in cold weather, but did not then specify the reason.
RIA

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:18
Sami

Quote:
Russia to deliver 7 fighters MiG-29K to India in 2013

BANGALORE, February 5 (Itar-Tass) – Russia has handed over four fighters MiG-29K for India under the second contract for the delivery of the deck fighters for the aircraft carrier Vikramaditya (the former Russian aircraft-carrying cruiser Admiral Gorshkov), Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Alexander Fomin told reporters on Tuesday.

“We have finalized successfully the first contract, under which all 16 fighters were delivered. On the second contract first four fighters from 29 fighters were already supplied. These fighters were supplied in the previous year. We are planning to deliver another seven fighters MiG-29K this year,” Fomin said.
ITAR TASS

Old 05 Feb 13, 12:25
Sami

Quote:
Russia boasts of new aircraft at air show in India

Russia is going to present its new aircraft and air defense facilities at an international air show, which will take place in the Indian city of Bangalore from February 6 to 10.

Experts predict that the attention of the visitors will be drawn, first of all, to Russian anti-missile systems, which have no analogue in the world.

Within many years, Russia has been the largest exporter of arms and various kinds of military equipment to India. About 70% of the weapons that the Indian army currently has have been made in Russia.

About 40 Russian companies are going to take part in this year’s air show in Bangalore. The largest exposition is presented by “Rosoboronexport”. This company is taking part in the tender which the Indian Air Forces are holding in order to purchase multipurpose planes that can be refueled right in the air. Besides, “Rosoboronexport” will present at this show its military planes and helicopters that have already approved themselves in the world.
VoR

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!