HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 21 Jan 13, 19:16
Major General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Just got a weird phone call

I just got a phone call and the guy calling me said I just won the 9 million dollar power ball lottery and a Mercedes Benz an then asked me how I feel. I told him I couldn't have won because I never entered and asked me if I am sure because if information says I had entered. He asked me again and I hung up. I am sure it was a con and was wondering had anyone here ever had a phone call like that before?

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 21 Jan 13, 19:30
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
You will know it is a con when they ask for money up front.

As far as winning the power ball lottery, the winner has to claim the prize, they do not call you.

Most definitely a con. No doubt, the caller ID was blocked or unavailable.

Know Your Place, Shut Your Face!
Old 21 Jan 13, 20:56
General of the Forums
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
Ron already called it. I'm sure that you hung up before whoever called you had asked for your CC# to ensure you are really you or some horse sh!& like that.
Old 21 Jan 13, 21:53
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Another good reason not to have a phone. Or at least a listed one.
Old 22 Jan 13, 00:51
Major
United_States

LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100] LeanotLee has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Finally seperated from AT&T home phone service last week. Took all the phones in the house and stuck'm in a closet.
Nothin but a cell phone now.
Glad to get rid of them!!!

John

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
It's truly a simple concept.
Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!
Old 22 Jan 13, 02:07
General of the Forums
Australia
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
I just got a phone call and the guy calling me said I just won the 9 million dollar power ball lottery and a Mercedes Benz...
'S funny. If you'd just won 9 mil you wouldn't even notice them delivering the Merc.

Next time tell them to mail you the winnings in 10c pieces and give them a random address.
Old 22 Jan 13, 02:30
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 
Distinguished Service Award Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 SPQR Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
'S funny. If you'd just won 9 mil you wouldn't even notice them delivering the Merc.

Next time tell them to mail you the winnings in 10c pieces and give them a random address.
Bah! Tell em you're a Nigerian Prince with too much to handle. Ask them to transfer $1000US to establish an account in order for you to transfer a billion bucks, and allowing you to give them a million dollar commission.

BoRG

http://www.yelp.com/biz/natural-life-aquarium-south-san-francisco
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.naturallifeaquarium.com/

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg
Old 22 Jan 13, 02:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinator View Post
Bah! Tell em you're a Nigerian Prince with too much to handle. Ask them to transfer $1000US to establish an account in order for you to transfer a billion bucks, and allowing you to give them a million dollar commission.
You know, I read awhile back that one guy was actually able to turn the tables on those bastards and convinced them that he was a wealthy businessman of means. In the end, he took them for several thousand dollars, before giving it all away to charity to avoid prosecution.
Old 22 Jan 13, 03:20
Major General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
He shouldn't have been prosecuted he should have been given a medal.
Old 22 Jan 13, 05:08
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

D1J1 gives and gets respect [800] D1J1 gives and gets respect [800]
D1J1 gives and gets respect [800]
They will find your cell phone as well.......at least various and sundry hustlers looking to sell you insurances or offer you loans will.

No cons here but we have been getting a lot of fundraising hustles recently. Mainly from the county sheriffs and state police associations. One of my best friends is a retired trooper and he told me not to give them squat. So we don't.

Regards,
Dennis

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Jan 13, 08:46
General of the Forums
Finland
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri is simply cracking [600]
Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryan View Post
You know, I read awhile back that one guy was actually able to turn the tables on those bastards and convinced them that he was a wealthy businessman of means. In the end, he took them for several thousand dollars, before giving it all away to charity to avoid prosecution.
There's some people who do this for fun, especially with the nigerian scams. I recall reading about one where couple of the scammers ended up disappearing in Somalia...

Rules have purpose. The time to break them is when the purpose is no longer served.
Old 22 Jan 13, 08:52
General of the Forums
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1J1 View Post
They will find your cell phone as well.......at least various and sundry hustlers looking to sell you insurances or offer you loans will.

No cons here but we have been getting a lot of fundraising hustles recently. Mainly from the county sheriffs and state police associations. One of my best friends is a retired trooper and he told me not to give them squat. So we don't.

Regards,
Dennis
King of on the same lines. We did our taxes and there was a box to check if you want to donate to the 'Election Fund'. As if. Those greedy bastards in the Offices are some of the biggest scammers of them all.
Old 22 Jan 13, 13:38
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
I got one from an outfit calling its self "The Microsoft Windows Security' system and that I had been hacked and they would now double check my computor etc, etc ........2 secs later I pulled the plug on my laptop, ditched the battery and pulled then house main c/b......reset everything appox .30 mins later....better safe than sorry....
Old 22 Jan 13, 13:48
Brigadier General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
A friend of mine got a call stating that he had entered a drawing and won a year long pass to KOA resorts. At first he didn't think it was real because he hadn't entered any drawings. But he got the pass in the mail and it works for him.
Old 22 Jan 13, 13:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Jose50 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Not fer nuthin' but I've been on the National "Do Not Call" list for awhile now and the telemarketers just keep on calling. Can I make them stop by means other than saying stuff like "I know where you live you G--D--n somanbeetch!! Now you-a gonna die!!"

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!