HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider.

Old 22 Jan 13, 01:55
General of the Forums
Wales
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Are you in the French camp too?

Come warm yourself by our fire...
Obviously I will come into your camp once I find out you have killed my officer.

Evidence:
RS was in the dark.
You shoot him first, and without warning.
You then say he attacked you?
Your men then talk of eating my officer.

We need a trial.
Old 22 Jan 13, 02:40
General of the Forums
Wales
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinator View Post
After a careful examination, the Surgeon acknowledges that the Italian officer is indeed dead. The Surgeon also wishes to point out the poor dental hygiene of the dead officer. Extra care must be given to teeth and gum care during this critical time. Swoosh and gargle with water after each meal. Toothpicks will be distributed. Not only will each tiny morsel of wasted food lodged within teeth go towards a long way for survival, gingivitus and tartar build-up can cause heart disease. Also, keep your nose clean. No matter how frustrating it is with numb fingers, you must all do your best at picking your nostrils clean.
We have another member of our team on zero strength. Please can you help Von Junzt urgently.
Old 22 Jan 13, 09:12
Major General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300]
I see no reason why not return the Italian's possessions to his men. Some of them NEED the food.

Are we already at that state where we are forgetting about discipline and honor?

The longer you stand around, the closer the Russians draw.
Old 22 Jan 13, 09:45
Colonel
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter3 View Post
I see no reason why not return the Italian's possessions to his men. Some of them NEED the food.
No food to be found, as Stratego notified me, he had already ate it before going to the French camp.

Wich begs the question, if RichardS was not hungry and doing well by himself, why would he try to steal?

It seems suspicious, did the French set up the Italian officer in order to have an excuse to kill him?

That would change the accusation from justifiable self defense to premeditated murder.

OOC: I will wait to hear from the GM before taking further action. I don't remember the conclusion arrived to when the matter of the possessions of the slain was discussed and can't find the thread.
Old 22 Jan 13, 09:52
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post

The thief, hit by a fatal blow, falls down...

The Italian Officer aka RichardS is out of the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greets,
Stratego
The gamesmaster himself called Richard S, the Italian Officer, a THIEF.

As of now, I am awaiting confirmation from Stratego as to who, if anyone, is in the French camp.

Homer

BoRG
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:13
Banned
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Junzt View Post
No food to be found, as Stratego notified me, he had already ate it before going to the French camp.

Wich begs the question, if RichardS was not hungry and doing well by himself, why would he try to steal?

It seems suspicious, did the French set up the Italian officer in order to have an excuse to kill him?

That would change the accusation from justifiable self defense to premeditated murder.

OOC: I will wait to hear from the GM before taking further action. I don't remember the conclusion arrived to when the matter of the possessions of the slain was discussed and can't find the thread.
Premeditated? Only if you take into account our policy of shooting all thieves.
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:16
General of the Forums
Wales
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Junzt View Post

Indeed, very suspicious .
Quote:
The gamesmaster himself called Richard S, the Italian Officer, a THIEF.

As of now, I am awaiting confirmation from Stratego as to who, if anyone, is in the French camp.
Was anything taken?
Then we have, at best, a potential thief.
As an officer I seriously doubt he was a thief.
Even if RichardS was intent on thievery, was the execution of an officer without trial acceptable at any point?
Remember you fired first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter3 View Post

Are we already at that state where we are forgetting about discipline and honor?

The longer you stand around, the closer the Russians draw.
As noted RichardS had just eaten and did not need to steal.

Well noted about discipline and honour from our German associates .

As such, I think we could put down the action to paranoia, but there needs to be some point of restitution. To compensate for a life taken, one could pay the price and lose theirs.
However, I believe I have a better alternative.

If the Captain General gives his food to Von Juntz, he will be saving a life, and that fits in nicely with two of the three elements of the French national motto Liberté, égalité, fraternité.
Perhaps the shooting was an accident. Giving food to Von Juntz would show compassion to an ally, and remorse towards a fellow officer. It would certainly help to reducing tension between the different groups, and we can get on with the survival of everyone .
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:22
Major General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

As such, I think we could put down the action to paranoia, but there needs to be some point of restitution. To compensate for a life taken, one could pay the price and lose theirs.

If the Captain General gives his food to Von Juntz, he will be saving a life, and that fits in nicely with two of the three elements of the French national motto Liberté, égalité, fraternité.
Perhaps the shooting was an accident. Giving food to Von Juntz would show compassion to an ally, and remorse towards a fellow officer. It would certainly help to reducing tension between the different groups, and we can get on with the survival of everyone .
I think that Captain General sharing his food with an ally would more than make up for the terrible loss of your fellow countryman - under these circumstances. The more fighting strength we have the more likely we are to make it out of Russia alive - as a disciplined, honorable army.
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:24
Banned
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Indeed, very suspicious .

Was anything taken?
Then we have, at best, a potential thief.
As an officer I seriously doubt he was a thief.
Even if RichardS was intent on thievery, was the execution of an officer without trial acceptable at any point?
Remember you fired first.

As noted RichardS had just eaten and did not need to steal.

Well noted about discipline and honour from our German associates .

Plenty of men steal without need - just look at the well-to-do.

And food is not the only commodity in play here.

For all we know, the barbaric German meat to carve off a limb from our man to feed one of his own, or worse, perhaps it was in fact he who was premeditating murder for some passioned or deranged motive. The cold makes men crazed.

In terms of resolution, we have resolved to shoot all further perpetrators.

But not one bite of our food shall be made as compensation for the death of a scoundrel.
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:34
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Since folks continue to insist they are in our camp, I will go ahead and assume you are there.

Therefore:

Lt Blandin orders the French troops to open fire on the foreign troops in camp.

As he does so, Blandin fires his musket point blank into Reb Preachers chest.

Then Blandin thrusts his bayonet into Nick the Noodles throat.

Blandin reloads his musket.

Homer

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Jan 13, 10:40
Banned
Pirate
SPQR Campaign 

Quote:
Since folks continue to insist they are in our camp, I will go ahead and assume you are there.

Therefore:

Private LeMann discharges his weapon at the German sergeant (Von Juntz) and prepares for melee combat with nearest non-Frenchman in the camp perimeter.
Old 22 Jan 13, 11:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500]
dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500] dgfred is a jewel in the rough [500]
Cav soldier dgfred fires/slashes also! At twitter hopefully.
Old 22 Jan 13, 11:31
General of the Forums
Wales
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:

Therefore:

As you order your men to open fire on us innocents I will kill you.
You have just proven your guilt.

So much for my very reasonable compromise.

Still, congratulations on your trap. Excellently executed .
Old 22 Jan 13, 11:40
General
United_States

Quote:

As you order your men to open fire on us innocents I will kill you.
You have just proven your guilt.

So much for my very reasonable compromise.

Still, congratulations on your trap. Excellently executed .
There was no trap.

The other players should have chosen better on the starting items and they would not be short of food.

I kept trying to get you guys to wait for Stratego's ruling since I had told him in private no one from the other teams would be allowed into our camp.

You were being aggressive/threatening by entering OUR CAMP and talking of placing me under arrest fro protecting MY FOOD FROM A THIEF and then demanding I hand over MY FOOD to your characters.

Not going to happen. If my character dies protecting himself and his fellow teammates so be it.

But he'll go out standing up not lying down.

Homer

BoRG
Old 22 Jan 13, 11:58
General of the Forums
Wales
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:
There was no trap.

The other players should have chosen better on the starting items and they would not be short of food.

I kept trying to get you guys to wait for Stratego's ruling since I had told him in private no one from the other teams would be allowed into our camp.

You were being aggressive/threatening by entering OUR CAMP and talking of placing me under arrest fro protecting MY FOOD FROM A THIEF and then demanding I hand over MY FOOD to your characters.

Not going to happen. If my character dies protecting himself and his fellow teammates so be it.

But he'll go out standing up not lying down.

You're too modest.
There was a way to get out of the situation, save face, and we would all be friends. Instead you continue with your trap. Very brave just like a true French officer :Horse:. Bit too smart for most French officers so +1 for that.

You shoot a rival officer.
You bring some of your rivals into your camp with the news of the shooting.
Then you kill them.
Pretty damn good if I say so myself, although a bit blunt for my tastes.

You probably played your hand too early imho.
Your unit will get damaged, and you have attacked both rivals, who together, will now outnumber you.

OUtstanding

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!