HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 17 Jan 13, 08:07
General of the Forums
Israel
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Oh, I played that one for a bit. Didn't quite stick to me. IAF was gold though...
Old 17 Jan 13, 09:49
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
That looks like it may be a Mirage...although I'm not sure if that's correct. Or if the IAF even used them.
Old 17 Jan 13, 09:50
General of the Forums
Israel
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Golani has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
That looks like it may be a Mirage...although I'm not sure if that's correct. Or if the IAF even used them.
Yes on both counts.
Old 19 Jan 13, 20:12
General of the Forums
United_States

Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200] Super Six 4 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
Yes on both counts.
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Definitely one sleek looking plane.
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:01
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I'm just glad this thread has moved onto the next page. That previous one was killing my bandwith, lol.

Last edited by Lucky 6; 21 Jan 13 at 02:55..
Old 21 Jan 13, 03:31
Brigadier General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 6 View Post
I'm just glad this thread has moved onto the next page. That previous one was killing my bandwith, lol.
Haha! Sorry, forgot about thumbnails.

Don't you guys in Chicago have top internet? I still can't watch videos without endless buffering.
Old 21 Jan 13, 07:46
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Haha! Sorry, forgot about thumbnails.

Don't you guys in Chicago have top internet? I still can't watch videos without endless buffering.
I finally upgraded from my......free.....isp. It's my fault entirely; I switched my forum options to display 40 posts rather than 20. Nothing's as bad as the gif thread in the barracks though. I'm lovin' your stuff from the Iron Front DLC.
Old 21 Jan 13, 10:16
General of the Forums
Israel

For some reason Iron Front refuses to work for me after I downloaded the DLC...I re-installed and everything but it's a no-go.

I'm having a blast with I44 but the no verbal communication what so ever is a little turn-off....
Old 22 Jan 13, 12:09
Brigadier General
UK

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
For some reason Iron Front refuses to work for me after I downloaded the DLC...I re-installed and everything but it's a no-go.
Where did you get the DLC from? Do you get any error messages?
Old 22 Jan 13, 12:53
Colonel
France
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300] VieuxChat is on a distinguished road [300]
Nice pic Mackie.

And yes, it is a Mirage III.

Quote:
The IDF/AF purchased three models of the Mirage III:

70 Mirage IIICJ single-seat fighters, received between April 1962 and July 1964.
Two Mirage IIIRJ single-seat photo-reconnaissance aircraft, received in March 1964.
Four Mirage IIIBJ two-seat combat trainers, three received in 1966 and one in 1968.
The Israeli AF Mirage III fleet went through several modifications during their service life.

Over the demilitarized zone on the Israeli side of the border with Syria, a total of six MiGs were shot down the first day Mirages fought the MiGs. In the Six-Day War, except for 12 Mirages (four in the air and eight on the ground), left behind to guard Israel from Arab bombers, all the Mirages were fitted with bombs, and sent to attack the Arab air bases. However the Mirage's performance as a bomber was limited. During the following days Mirages performed as fighters, and out of a total of 58 Arab planes shot down in air combat during the war, 48 were accounted for by Mirages.[citation needed]

In the 1973 Yom Kippur War, the Mirage performed in air to air operations only.
Later Israel bought the license and built two versions of it (the Nesher and the Kfir).

They performed very well.

" Debout les morts, on change de cimetière !"
- Adjudant PERICARD, 1915 -
Sponsored Links

Old 23 Jan 13, 00:56
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by VieuxChat View Post
Nice pic Mackie.

And yes, it is a Mirage III.

Later Israel bought the license and built two versions of it (the Nesher and the Kfir).

They performed very well.
Dang it has a good reputation for them, for sure.

I've heard of the Kfir. Wasn't sure exactly what it was a licensed version of.
Old 23 Jan 13, 02:34
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Where did you get the DLC from? Do you get any error messages?
Gamersgate AB.

I had many versions of error after re-installing, etc. Once I even was able to get the game to launch but all the buttons were clear so I couldn't know what I was clicking....

Anyway, now I get an error message: "no entry bin\config.bin/cfgfrontfamilies.zepplin32"
Old 23 Jan 13, 16:03
Brigadier General
UK

VBS2 2.0

T-90

Challenger 2 Theatre Entry Standard (note the rifling on the gun)

Quote:
Gamersgate AB.

I had many versions of error after re-installing, etc. Once I even was able to get the game to launch but all the buttons were clear so I couldn't know what I was clicking....

Anyway, now I get an error message: "no entry bin\config.bin/cfgfrontfamilies.zepplin32"
Just to make sure, did you update to the latest patch before installing the DLC?
Old 23 Jan 13, 16:12
General of the Forums
Israel

Yep...
Old 23 Jan 13, 19:07
Brigadier General
UK

Arma 2 OFrP: French infantry on patrol

The patrol makes contact.

One element provides suppressive fire so the other can move into cover.

Unfortunately, a soldier is hit in the dash for cover but he makes it thanks to the swift reaction of his comrades.

An explosion from an AT weapon silences the ambushers.

The patrol pulls back to safer ground for medevac.

Quote:
Yep...
Damn. IF from GG too?

I'll send you some possible fixes.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!