StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War > Vietnam War Videos

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War Videos Videos and documentaries about the Wars in Vietnam 1945-1975

Old 27 Dec 12, 15:54
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Vietnam: The Lost Films

Out of the blue for Christmas I recieved the entire History Channel series of this. I hope its good and looked upon favourably by the vets. Or is it more of the same?...
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 27 Dec 12, 20:09
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Out of the blue for Christmas I recieved the entire History Channel series of this. I hope its good and looked upon favourably by the vets. Or is it more of the same?...
Well, upload em for all of us to see!!! nice gift!
To digress-last item on my wish list was a ar-15 based .308. So one day I see this box behind the tree- my heart fluttered. So, wife is gone, time to investigate. First measure the box check, right dimensions- Then get the scale - check! weighs up right, go get the electronic stud finder-- check! we have magnetism! ... So, christmas morning it was the last box the wife pulled out.... oh man, I gotta act surprised right?.... I was!
Got a nice set of 36" bar clamps for my wood shop
Old 27 Dec 12, 20:13
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Is this the same series that was branded as Vietnam in HD here in the U.S.? If so, I thought it was pretty good. A little overly-dramatic at some points.
Old 28 Dec 12, 19:00
General of the Forums
UK

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 6 View Post
Is this the same series that was branded as Vietnam in HD here in the U.S.? If so, I thought it was pretty good. A little overly-dramatic at some points.
Well I've seen the first 20 odd minutes and it is a bit dramatic as opposed to being informative as you say. Not so bothered about hearing famous people speak the words of the guys I really want to see talking about it all... I'll see how it goes. Interesting footage though...
Old 02 Jan 13, 18:48
General of the Forums
UK

Just watched the episode on Tet which I have to say is the best epsiode so far as one episode is dedicated to a particular campaign. The others have been very much broader and a lot of the context can get lost. I have to say wherever some of this footage came from the quality is excellent.
Old 02 Jan 13, 18:54
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Just FYI if you don't know but both Wiknik and Marlantes have written books on the war.
Old 02 Jan 13, 19:16
General of the Forums
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Just FYI if you don't know but both Wiknik and Marlantes have written books on the war.
I did not know that. I'll check it out...
Old 02 Jan 13, 21:51
Sergeant Major
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

BCap is on the path to success [1-99] BCap is on the path to success [1-99]
Marlantes? Wasn't he the guy who wrote Matterhorn? I've been meaning to read that book for a while now. I've heard it's really good.
Old 03 Jan 13, 06:27
General of the Forums
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCap View Post
Marlantes? Wasn't he the guy who wrote Matterhorn? I've been meaning to read that book for a while now. I've heard it's really good.
Yes it is. I saw it on amazon last night. The next episode has both those gentlemen remembering their treatment at the airport when they got back and were still very distressed by the memory. Poor buggars. I hope some people are ashamed...
Old 06 Jan 13, 22:26
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99]
I liked the whole HD series, I thought it was pretty good- take away any underlying personal agenda on a couple of the guys.
The best part of it is, someone took the time to try and do a really good focal project on Vietnam and the veterans. I took all the positives from it and mentally discarded the agenda digressions.

Unless I'm confusing docu's, this one has Barry Romo in it somewhere and he and John Kerry were in the medal throwing ceremony. He was big in VVAW

Last edited by Leonardo63; 06 Jan 13 at 22:33..
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Jan 13, 10:18
General of the Forums
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo63 View Post
I liked the whole HD series, I thought it was pretty good- take away any underlying personal agenda on a couple of the guys.
The best part of it is, someone took the time to try and do a really good focal project on Vietnam and the veterans. I took all the positives from it and mentally discarded the agenda digressions.

Unless I'm confusing docu's, this one has Barry Romo in it somewhere and he and John Kerry were in the medal throwing ceremony. He was big in VVAW
You are correct about Barry Romo and the medal throwing thing....

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!