HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Latin America & the Caribbean

Notices and Announcements

Latin America & the Caribbean Issues of central and south America.

Old 16 Dec 12, 18:12
Second Lieutenant
UK

queensman is on the path to success [1-99] queensman is on the path to success [1-99] queensman is on the path to success [1-99]
High leg combat boots had been in trial since 1976 by a cav sqdn.
They were on order when the falklands war started and rushed into service the following year.. I got my first pair in 1983. We used to buy our owo boots and the adapted dms northen ireland boot.
The british government is renowned for getting its priorities mixed up...ref body armour in iraq

... .... .. -
Old 16 Dec 12, 18:40
General of the Forums
England
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100]
Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELGRAVE View Post
"Puttees" ????
How very "Western Front ".
Surely not recently ?
They weren't worn a la western front style, they were worn just above the ankle.

Paul
Old 16 Dec 12, 19:09
General of the Forums
England
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100]
Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100] Dibble201Bty is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensman View Post
High leg combat boots had been in trial since 1976 by a cav sqdn.
They were on order when the falklands war started and rushed into service the following year.. I got my first pair in 1983. We used to buy our owo boots and the adapted dms northen ireland boot.
The british government is renowned for getting its priorities mixed up...ref body armour in iraq

... .... .. -
I went through the Ammo Boot, (worn with No1s) DMS (Direct Molded Sole) 'Commando' boot that had screwed on soles, CBH (combat boot High), Danner, Pro Boots and Trezeta's. I can honestly say that with all those boots, I never had a blister; maybe it was because I always wore two pairs of wool socks (a tip from dear old dad bless him) and my feet were just the right shape.

Paul
Old 17 Dec 12, 00:28
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Another reason the argentine navy cant do its job
http://en.mercopress.com/2012/11/22/...nd-maintenance
Nice reference; one of the Argentine destroyers is named Heroína, which is spanish for heroin. I wonder what else the argentinos hve been smoking.
Old 17 Dec 12, 00:39
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
DMS boots, puttees and condensed milk in a tube. Those were the days

Mind you, the condensed milk was lovely, especially when applied to an oatmeal block.

Paul
Condensed milk and oatmeal is great stuff. Add a cup of hot tea and I fight all night.
Sponsored Links

Old 17 Dec 12, 00:42
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwain View Post
she just might take you up on the offer..
Sorry, I would turn gay first.
Old 17 Dec 12, 01:14
Major General
Australia
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300] BELGRAVE is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
They weren't worn a la western front style, they were worn just above the ankle.

Paul
Thanks Paul and DARKPLACE.

I had visions of those abominations wound around the calf:- ankle to almost the knee- just as they were worn at Ypres.

If not a high combat boot then perhaps a gaiter would have been easier.
"History haunts even generations who refuse to (acknowledge it). Rhythms,patterns,continuities,drift out of long time forgotten to mould the present and to colour the shape of things to come". Arthur Schlesinger Jr.
Old 17 Dec 12, 05:41
General
UK

DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500]
DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500] DARKPLACE is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELGRAVE View Post
Thanks Paul and DARKPLACE.

I had visions of those abominations wound around the calf:- ankle to almost the knee- just as they were worn at Ypres.

If not a high combat boot then perhaps a gaiter would have been easier.
I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?
Old 17 Dec 12, 09:46
Second Lieutenant
UK

queensman is on the path to success [1-99] queensman is on the path to success [1-99] queensman is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKPLACE View Post
I think the idea was to prevent snake bite? That's what I got told any way. Like the red army was going to flood west Germany with snakes!!! DT's anyone?
The puttee worn with dms boots was meant to add extra support for the ankle, something the dms did not very well.
I know of soldiers taking boots of argentine bodies

... .... .. -
Old 18 Dec 12, 21:15
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Hell no! She was born Martha Helen Kostyra in Jersey City, world-capital of the "Five-Finger Discount." Stewart is her ex-husband's name. She kept it only 'cause it suits her über-WASP self-image.

And I'd still rather ball Christina Kirchner than Martha Stewart.
I understand that she isn't even a real blond!
Old 18 Dec 12, 23:21
Major General
Canada

marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100]
she still won Ms Saskatchewan 2012...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
I understand that she isn't even a real blond!
livin' large....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martha-Stewart-13982.jpg (59.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 19 Dec 12, 05:49
Second Lieutenant
UK

Quote:
livin' large....
you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -
Old 19 Dec 12, 12:13
Major General
Canada

marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100] marktwain has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Taking up dieting, are we?

Quote:
you just put me off my breakfast

... .... .. -
'OW 'BOUT A TASTE OF PARIS, GOV'NOR?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fat_celebrities_Paris.jpg (45.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 19 Dec 12, 13:51
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
That was nasty enough the first time you posted it. Besides, if that's all you're interested in you can just hang out here -

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=117372

Questions abour our site? See the FAQ.
Old 19 Dec 12, 18:05
Second Lieutenant
UK

Quote:
Looks like my ex wife
DEFINATLY PUT ME OFF MY LUNCH

... .... .. -
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!