HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 16 Dec 12, 20:14
First Lieutenant
New_Zealand
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99]
Old Strategic WWII PC Game

In a recent conversation with a friend we were discussing old PC games and we both remarked on a particular game we had played many years (decades) ago but sadly neither of us could remember the name.

I think it was a S&I DOS based game that represented the strategic war effort for and against Germany.
It included aircraft production and research as well as the limitations of the early bombing efforts.

I remember for its day it was brilliant game and am wondering if anyone can recall the name of the game, merely for curiosity sake more than anything.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 17 Dec 12, 03:49
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
England
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 SPQR Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Post Captain has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Storm across Europe?

Old 17 Dec 12, 04:36
First Lieutenant
New_Zealand
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99] Baztanz is on the path to success [1-99]
Nope PC that wasnt it, really bugs me I cant remember the name; so I guess I will have to do some research.

It was purely a airwar game but on a strategic level, As German you produced all the aircraft, trained pilots and allocated squadrons, you allocated air defence AA guns as well. As the allied player you organised raids, received aircraft from production and trained pilots etc. German factories received damage during raids, but could repair, so it was quite a good simulation.

But thanks for the effort, very much appreciate the effort.

Regards
Old 17 Dec 12, 10:21
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
If it was Clash of Steel, you can buy a newer version that runs under Windows from GOG.com for a mere $4.99 U.S. (Or you could wait and see if it goes on sale for half price sometime before Christmas. )
Old 17 Dec 12, 15:40
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baztanz View Post
In a recent conversation with a friend we were discussing old PC games and we both remarked on a particular game we had played many years (decades) ago but sadly neither of us could remember the name.

I think it was a S&I DOS based game that represented the strategic war effort for and against Germany.
It included aircraft production and research as well as the limitations of the early bombing efforts.

I remember for its day it was brilliant game and am wondering if anyone can recall the name of the game, merely for curiosity sake more than anything.
Sounds like this one:

Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich.

(Was originally called Battle of Britain and Twelve O'Clock High by Talonsoft).

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/...bing.the.Reich

Homer

BoRG
Old 18 Dec 12, 01:53
First Lieutenant
New_Zealand
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Yep that was it, many thanks CG it puts an old mind to rest.

It was a bloody good game back in the day.

Once more thanks a lot.
Old 18 Dec 12, 03:16
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700] Captain General is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I'm not sure if you noticed but I posted a link to Matrix Games in my post where you can buy it if you're interested.

Homer

BoRG

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!