HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Closed Thread

Old 07 May 12, 20:18
Banned
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

medevac has a spectacular aura about [400]
it is nice to know who your friends are

the title says it all. Guess noone here really gives a crap that I am alive. Sorry to disappoint you, but yes I am. I have learned that there is no one on this site that is a friend. I thought otherwise, but have found out there are not. I will treat you all from now on an an enemy. Get used to it.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 May 12, 20:20
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
What?

Some sort of joke?

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 07 May 12, 20:23
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
The hell you say Pat. What makes you think you have no friends here? I miss something?
Old 07 May 12, 20:28
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medevac View Post
the title says it all. Guess noone here really gives a crap that I am alive.
Says who? I did actually notice you weren't around as much. I even swung by your profile to see if you'd been in. I'm sure the regulars noticed your absence in the Vietnam forum too. What's the deal?
Old 07 May 12, 20:40
Banned
United_States

you read what I said. It is true no matter what you say.
Old 07 May 12, 20:43
Banned
United_States

dont know you well, so stay out of it
Old 07 May 12, 21:09
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pat, you have more friends here than you know.

I'm one & now you put me right in the thick of it.

What the hell is wrong?

Wes

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 May 12, 21:11
Banned
United_States

I used to think of you as a friend, but not now. You are just like everyone else on this site. A stranger as far as I am concerned.
Old 07 May 12, 21:18
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The only way anybody here has become a stranger to you, Pat, is because you made yourself a stranger in visiting us. If you won't walk out into the community among your friends & others, there is no way that you could be much more than a stranger the longer you stayed away. And don't go giving me that crap that everybody & their dog should be trying to track you down if they 'really cared', cuzz you know that's just that... crap.

I didn't do anything to you. I don't know what anybody else may have done, because your just sittin there saying everybody is your enemy & that dog don't hunt among friends. As I said before - and there ain't a damned thing you can do about it - but I AM ONE OF THEM & I want to know just what put the Bee in your bonnet because I care. If I didn't I wouldn't waste more than one post trying to put 2 & 2 together to see what in hell is wrong with one of my old friends.

Give it up, Pat - WHAT IN HELL IS WRONG, MY FRIEND?

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 May 12, 21:20
Banned
United_States

lol. Stop your holier than thou BS. Leave me alone until I violate something that can get me banned, otherwise don't talk to me.
Sponsored Links

Old 07 May 12, 21:23
Pirate
SPQR Campaign 

I'm about as holy as my last discarded pair of socks, Pat. Maybe I won't let you get yourself banned. Maybe I'll just keep on pesterin ya until ya get over it, or ya don't.

Why?

Because I DO give a damned, my friend!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 May 12, 21:29
Pirate
SPQR Campaign 

BTW, Pat... Congrats on your Star, General!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 May 12, 22:05
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
When, on our first meeting, you and I got into what amounted to an internet version of a fist fight, Admiral took the trouble to message me with a partial summation of what life has dealt you and how you might have been feeling at that particular time.

Something he would hardly have done if he had not cared about you and something that completely changed my attitude towards you.

I think the feelings you have right now will pass and hope that you won't go another 6 months before resuming posting on ACG again.

Philip
Old 08 May 12, 06:31
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pat, both here and on your FB you pretty much made it clear you were going through some hard times and wanted to deal with it without people bring back fresh memories.

Don't blame the world. You have hinted that even your doctor had suggested that you stay away from places that get you riled up.

As Wes said, you have any number of people here that hold you in high regard.

Now quit your wimpy whining no body likes me and go catch some fish.

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.*

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.
Old 08 May 12, 06:43
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medevac View Post
the title says it all. Guess noone here really gives a crap that I am alive. Sorry to disappoint you, but yes I am. I have learned that there is no one on this site that is a friend. I thought otherwise, but have found out there are not. I will treat you all from now on an an enemy. Get used to it.
As I recall when I first interacted with you I ended getting a flame spraying from your end simply because you did not care for my opinion and I have had you on ignore ever since. Perhaps you should try to be less caustic, get used to the idea that other people do not have to agree with you, and do try to be civil.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!