HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Armchair Attacks!

Notices and Announcements

Armchair Attacks! Head-to-head tournaments galore! Battle Summaries!

Old 07 May 12, 17:39
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200]
2012 contest idea

Any Interest in an Electoral College Contest ?

Contestants pick the electoral outcome of the top twenty "battleground" states. All contestants are awarded a red/blue 2012 Campaign Ribbon with the highest scorer receiving a Presidential Seal.

I volunteer to develop this contest with the assistance of the ACG tech folks

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 May 12, 21:10
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
How about best war miniseries? For ribbons anyway. Like the World War I in color,North and South series,etc.
Old 09 May 12, 09:41
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
Any Interest in an Electoral College Contest ?

Contestants pick the electoral outcome of the top twenty "battleground" states. All contestants are awarded a red/blue 2012 Campaign Ribbon with the highest scorer receiving a Presidential Seal.

I volunteer to develop this contest with the assistance of the ACG tech folks
I'm not sure if there are 20 swing states in this election. But I like your idea
Old 15 May 12, 21:58
Lieutenant General
United_States

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
I thought it was decided the next Armchair Attack was going to be Most Significant Event of the 20th Century.
Old 16 May 12, 16:06
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200] 2nd Rangers is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
I thought it was decided the next Armchair Attack was going to be Most Significant Event of the 20th Century.
Must have missed that one. It will be a great contest for sure.
Old 16 May 12, 16:17
General of the Forums
UK
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
Selous gives and gets respect [800] Selous gives and gets respect [800]
I'm sure if you want to run a contest on any subject, 2nd Rangers, you can do so and that could be much fun, but making it a more official ACG thing is something else; for one, the staff may sooner back a competition with wider appeal to the whole forum membership than one particularly targeted at people who in the main would have to be both quite politicised and quite American. Or have money on the election - I don't this year, but I did the time before last.
'Lord Palmerston!' - Barney Gumble
Old 16 May 12, 16:42
Major
United_States

ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkertail20 View Post
So is this happening?
Old 17 May 12, 05:12
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForIAmSparticus View Post
So is this happening?
Well it IS time for something!
If another project is not continuing, me and Skoblin will throw ourselves upon it. Taking one at a time...

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Last edited by Stratego; 18 May 12 at 11:16..
Old 18 May 12, 01:46
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
If another project is not continuing, I'll throw myself upon it. Taking one at a time...
Perhaps a task for Stroblin or Skoblego?
Old 18 May 12, 02:25
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The 'Most Significant Events of the 20th Century' idea seemed to have gone a long way towards fruition and many members contributed.

Hopefully, it can be established as the next Armchair Attack.

Philip

Old 18 May 12, 10:26
Major
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
If another project is not continuing, I'll throw myself upon it. Taking one at a time...
Do it Stratego!!
Old 21 May 12, 16:30
General of the Forums
Powflag
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

DeltaOne gives and gets respect [800] DeltaOne gives and gets respect [800]
DeltaOne gives and gets respect [800] DeltaOne gives and gets respect [800] DeltaOne gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiplaos View Post
The 'Most Significant Events of the 20th Century' idea seemed to have gone a long way towards fruition and many members contributed.

Hopefully, it can be established as the next Armchair Attack.

Philip
I think this would be a great subject. If we did something regarding our election, it may alienate the great number of non-Americans who enjoy playing the campaigns here.
Old 30 May 12, 09:49
General of the Forums
United_States

Jose50 gives and gets respect [800]
Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800]
OK - I'm ready...
Old 30 May 12, 10:55
Sergeant Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99]
Lets go for it
Old 01 Jun 12, 08:04
Major General
United_States

A most significant date of the 20th Century contest would be an interesting twist.

December 7,1941 verses November 7,1917

or

June 22,1941 verses July 28,1914

or

August 6,1945 verses ?????????????

Lots of possibilities.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!