HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Film, DVD, and TV

Notices and Announcements

Film, DVD, and TV Discuss the latest movies at the theatre and on DVD, as well as what is on TV. ACG film reviews will also be found here.

Old 06 May 12, 15:37
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
RIP George "Goober" Lindsey

Sad to hear he has passed away.
http://www.wsfa.com/story/18157477/g...goober-lindsey

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 06 May 12, 16:25
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
Rest in Peace, Goober. It is too bad he was typecast. To me, his character seemed to me to be a real person, unlike his "cousin" Gomer Pyle.

a clip of Goober

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9slqI25tw

The "Goober" episode I remember is when some punk kid moved into town and started hanging out with Opie, and they used walkie-talkies to make Goober think a dog could talk. Andy was quite upset to say the least, and Opie saw that what he had done was very mean.

Last edited by lakechampainer; 06 May 12 at 16:32..
Old 06 May 12, 19:09
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800] Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800]
Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800] Sgt. Rock gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakechampainer View Post
Rest in Peace, Goober. It is too bad he was typecast. To me, his character seemed to me to be a real person, unlike his "cousin" Gomer Pyle.

a clip of Goober

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9slqI25tw
That is one of the funniest moments in the history of the "Andy Griffith" show. Most people remember "Judy Judy Judy", but his Chester and Edward G. Robinson impersenations are also great!

RIP George Lindsey
Old 06 May 12, 20:17
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
Parts of the talking dog episode

1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZOD...feature=relmfu

2 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcnrygQTALQ

3 0f 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3cr1...feature=relmfu

Last edited by lakechampainer; 06 May 12 at 20:24..
Old 06 May 12, 20:37
First Sergeant
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

TTownLarry is on the path to success [1-99] TTownLarry is on the path to success [1-99] TTownLarry is on the path to success [1-99] TTownLarry is on the path to success [1-99] TTownLarry is on the path to success [1-99]
Rest in peace Goober. Thanks for all the laughs.
Old 06 May 12, 21:05
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
RIP Goober! You were a class act and a reminder of simpler, better times!
Old 07 May 12, 19:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
RIP Goober. I had no idea he was ill. He was still making commercials for RFD-TV for Hee Haw.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!