HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Feb 12, 07:35
Recruit
India

amberlewis is on the path to success [1-99]
What do you do in your free time?

I am play online games and xbox 360 games in my spare time.
Mostly i played these games on my xbox gaming console.
Here is my top listed games
1.UFC Undisputed 3
2.Gotham City Impostors
3.Mass Effect 3
4.Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
5.Final Fantasy XIII-2

Tell me your way to pass by which you pass your free time.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 16 Feb 12, 09:22
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlewis View Post
I am play online games and xbox 360 games in my spare time.
Mostly i played these games on my xbox gaming console.
Here is my top listed games
1.UFC Undisputed 3
2.Gotham City Impostors
3.Mass Effect 3
4.Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
5.Final Fantasy XIII-2

Tell me your way to pass by which you pass your free time.
Hmmm - I am effectively Retired

So - I have FREE TIME like most other people just dream of.
My Partner, Karen goes to work a long way from here -
She leaves the Station at 6:15 a.m. ( I drive her there ) -
and returns to the Station at 7:15 a.m. ( I drive her home ).
In between - She is travelling to and from Central London, and working in Central London.

I am SUCH a lazy bugger - when I get back at 6:30 a.m., I go back to Bed until 11:00 a.m.
Then I am on my own until I have to leave at 7:00 p.m.

So - what do I do -
Hmmm - well, I have worked for most of my life as a Design Engineer and sometimes a Technical Author. I actually enjoy Writing - mostly writing entirely Fictional things as if they are real - I am no good as an Actual FICTION Writer.

I joined this Site in February 2011 - after a few forays with other on-line Sites.

I got bored stiff with writing all of the background paperwork for a Ficitional Wargame ( set in 2006 ) in 2009 - and started playing Evony.
Not a Bad Game - just awful people, and well it pays to be Selfish and Nasty, Aggressive and Destructive - rather than helpful, cooperative, considerate - which is what I am.
This is based in part on Alliances of Cities run by Players - with Armies.
I became the Leader of a middling successfull Alliance, perhaps my "skills" at Diplomacy and getting the Trust of others helped.
But I got pushed out - as I was specifically given an "offer I could not refuse" - "Leave NOW and NEVER come back - or we will Smash Every One of your people". YES - the Alliance who Delcared War on us COULD do that.

I spent a Year or more on Facebook - playing Facebook Games, and helping Facebook Friends - but the Games were just a bit too "tame" or somehow pointless.

So - I joined this Site in February 2011 - and almost immediately joined the "Sci Fi Wargame" as a Player. The whole Game went completely bluey in March / April as a result of some stupid actions by two of the Players - and I managed to hold a few PLayers together. My Diplomacy "skills" again, maybe.
I worked very hard in Writing stuff for the Game - to get things moving again - and in May 2011 I became the Game Master for the "Sci Fi Wargame", whilst also retaining a Role as a Player.
All of the Players ( except one ) are representing cooperating 'Dominions' of Humans or Friendly Aliens - our opponent is the Evil, Nasty Aliens ( the Zetans ) - represented by one of the Players, who also does the Tactical Resolutions for Battles.

I do ALL of the other "background paperwork", most of the research into areas like Astrophysics, Physics, Chemistry, Nuclear Fission, Nuclear Fusion, Astronomy, Stellar Evolution, Geology, Evolution, Biology, Zoology - and many oher subjects.
I have to do determine what is possible and what is not, what is likely or not, with a "seasoning" of Sci-Fi type Technologies.

So - what do I do with all of my 8 hours per day.
Most of it is spent doing Background Research - or more importantly keeping track of all of the Developments in the six Dominions and in The Phoenix Confederation. This means writing-up full details of all Developments in progress.
These include Colonies, Bases, Cities, Shipyards, and other Facilities under construction - and Updating them on a "game month" by "game month" basis, until Completion.
This also includes entering all New Ships under Construction - and updating them each "game month" until they can be announced as Completed.
Related to this is "crossing off " any Ships which are destroyed in Battles.
There is also some work to be done for the Ground Forces of Dominions and the Confederation - which may have an important role in the future, when we start to Invade any Home Planets of the Zetans.
Basically - this part of being the Game Master is effectively undertaking nearly all of the roles which the Game Software would normally undertake in a Software Driven Game.

My other part in this Game is to "think up" new developments - and offer them as suggestions to the Players representing the Dominions or Confederation, modified as per the decisions of the Players.
I am also the President of one of the Dominions - which does give me scope to have some FUN of my own.
Also - this Dominion does all of the Scouting and Surveying of new Star Systems and new Worlds - which lets me "invent" new Star Systems and their Planets, Moons, Asteroids, Etc. Some of these become Colonies for the other Dominions.

Keeps me Damn Busy indeed - and some parts of it are FUN.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Last edited by Karakris; 16 Feb 12 at 09:28..
Old 16 Feb 12, 15:14
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Welcome to the Armchair General forums, amberlewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlewis View Post
What do you do in your free time?
In the mornings I play a little World of WarCraft. In the evenings I play a little World of Tanks. In between and afterwards I mostly play PC single player games and read books.

It's nice to be retired.
Old 18 Feb 12, 01:44
Recruit
India

Nice to meet you Dear.
Old 18 Feb 12, 07:11
First Sergeant
United_States

Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99]
For some reason, "amberlewis" makes me think of Hormel Foods...

As for me, I pass most of my free time split between the following activities (in no particular order): Reading, spending time with friends, gaming, and watching the occasional movie/TV show -- nothing special, but all enjoyable.
Old 20 Feb 12, 06:37
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless View Post
For some reason, "amberlewis" makes me think of Hormel Foods... .
Is that who makes Spam, been a long time since I've seen a can.

Just tonight, I found a similar random posting on another board I frequent (happens to have the same username). Coincidence, either that or that Amber sure gets around?

What's your favorite rules light RPG system?
Old 20 Feb 12, 06:53
First Sergeant
United_States

Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99] Kahless is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
Is that who makes Spam, been a long time since I've seen a can. ?
You would be correct sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
Just tonight, I found a similar random posting on another board I frequent (happens to have the same username). Coincidence, either that or that Amber sure gets around?

What's your favorite rules light RPG system?
Heh. Yes, that would be a pretty remarkable "coincidence" indeed...
Old 21 Feb 12, 02:27
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

StellarRat is on the path to success [1-99] StellarRat is on the path to success [1-99]
My what?
Old 29 Feb 12, 01:17
Recruit
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless View Post
For some reason, "amberlewis" makes me think of Hormel Foods...

As for me, I pass most of my free time split between the following activities (in no particular order): Reading, spending time with friends, gaming, and watching the occasional movie/TV show -- nothing special, but all enjoyable.

Nice to meet you here!! I think your hobbies are also good like mine.
Old 29 Feb 12, 03:01
First Sergeant
United_States

Good gravy, what's with all the spambots in the Gaming forums the last few days? Is there a convention or something?

Old 04 May 12, 05:41
Recruit
United_States

renabi is on the path to success [1-99]
doing some research and playing dota..lol

My name is Lauren Elkaabi.. I am new here and Glad to be a
part of the community. I just wanted to say thanks for your sharing to everyone in here either sharing or viewing. This is an amazing site. Looking forward to be of help.

Best regard,

Lauren Elkaabi
Old 04 May 12, 06:18
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
To All who have Answered this Thread -
Including Lauren -

WELCOME to ACG - I hope you All have a Real Good Time in here.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation
Old 06 May 12, 19:55
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
All my time is free time since my Meniere's Disease ruined my working life. I usually spend it cleaning the house or mowing the yard or reading a book or watching TV or playing SWTOR or working on my role-playing system or killing spiders or reading stuff on this site. My days get boring fast.

Welcome to ACG.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 07 May 12, 12:57
Private
United_States

CompTopGames is on the path to success [1-99]
My free time? Well, considering spring is one of my busiest times with work, I do get summers off (hooray for being a teacher!).

I typically am doing one of the following:

1. Playing computer games (lately it's been Civ 5, Super MNC, and any of the betas floating around like Diablo III.
2. Reading the Horus Heresy novels. I can't get enough!
3. Working on developing my very own computer game.
Old 08 May 12, 15:08
Staff Sergeant
Canada

JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99] JohnnySideburns is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
All my time is free time since my Meniere's Disease ruined my working life. I usually spend it cleaning the house or mowing the yard or reading a book or watching TV or playing SWTOR or working on my role-playing system or killing spiders or reading stuff on this site. My days get boring fast.

Welcome to ACG.
I do basicly the same thing with the same disease. I got into painting and modeling 15mm minis and now time passes so quickly that dizzy spells and buzzing are bearable.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!