HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe. .

Old 05 May 12, 15:33
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon ACG Ten Year Service Award 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsirgarnet View Post
OK.

Even as a non smoker I can't agree with the smoking thing. My parents smoked and I know why. They needed a cheap relaxant and became chronically addicted on the 10 second fix. They didn't know better and until real anti-smoking education kicks in, people will still do it. Its simply too addictive to stop without extreme effort.

However...

In terms of the (voluntarily) obese I have no sympathy whatsoever and agree with non treatment. Ignorance is simply no excuse as even the dumbest person knows (by how they feel and function bodily) that over eating, taking no exercise and becoming a sixteen-plus stone lard bucket isn't good for you.

There is simply no excuse for being voluntarily over weight.

Gaz
Ok I have to call you on that...there are many people who can eat like pigs yet remain thin. Some of these thin people nevertheless can in fact develop heart disease because of poor diet, smoking, stress or even genetics.

Also there are a lot of people, especially women, who suffer thyroid problems. Hyperthyroidism, too active, means a very high metabolism and weight loss, hypothyroidism - the opposite can lead to weight gain. Of course I presume a doctor would know.
Old 06 May 12, 01:41
Brigadier General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200]
My girlfriend works/studies as a trainee nurse, told me that yesterday the hospital her current placement is at admitted a man whose plane had arrived from Goa and he had collapsed 4 hours later with (quite conveniently) a full set of medical notes for himself in his possession.

I asked her to ask how often that type of thing goes on, still waiting for the answer on that one but im suspecting its more common than we might otherwise think ie health tourism.

before refusing to care for those who pay in, start shutting the doors on those who do not I say.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!