HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks > Sports Field

Notices and Announcements

Sports Field Got a favourite team or sports personality? Here's where to discuss their relative merits.

Old 01 May 12, 22:30
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I wasn't watching it. I was with my wife,daughter,and son-in-law,bringing my granddaughter home.
Old 03 May 12, 00:10
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
Ah well...Look at that! Somebody in our little league picked up a 100-pts this week.
Old 05 May 12, 07:48
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
ACG Football Manager of the Season ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
well done to both Cicero and Boonie on reaching 100 points for the game week, looks like I'll (...looks menacingly at Mike Bassett, manager of FCDazzalona...!!!) have to wait until next year to achieve my stated aim then....

waits to everyone else logs off or goes to another thread...

....WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MIKE..!!!!!!!....OH, Piennar has a arrest warrant out for him in London, better not pick him gaffer he says......

...yeah, that VDV fella Gov, he wont play both games, leave him out and stick to Bale, he'll do more than VDV he says...!

.....Nah, why do you want any Chelsea players Gaffa, they have rotation issues, and besides, who are you going to put in, Torres, ...yeah right, as if he will score a hattrick or something...

(Mike Bassett shifts uncomfortably on his chair...!)

To turn off Mr Sparkle, go User CP/ Edit Options/ Thread display options
Old 05 May 12, 08:50
General
United_States

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
Damn. I changed channels during commercials, went back to see the rest of the pre-game show, and it was already 2-minutes into the match and Arsenal already up 1-0.
Old 05 May 12, 11:02
General
United_States

AH...POOR ARSENAL!!

But they deserved it today. WTF. Disgraceful.

Defended as if they were playing a scrimmage against the reserves team.
Sponsored Links

Old 05 May 12, 21:15
General of the Forums
United_States

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
I'm so mad I ain't even talking about it.
Old 06 May 12, 04:30
Lieutenant General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galland View Post
well done to both Cicero and Boonie on reaching 100 points for the game week, looks like I'll (...looks menacingly at Mike Bassett, manager of FCDazzalona...!!!) have to wait until next year to achieve my stated aim then....
Is it just me or does the bloke in the red hat in your avatar bear more than a passing resemblance to one Mike Bassett?

Its been a see-saw year for the Mid Table Maestroes. Looks like we'll be secure in fourth (nothing like tempting fate!) having had an appalling start to the season and on the real life front Everton should (again tempting fate!) finish above the other lot and Rangers are about to be liquidated. Top banana!
Old 08 May 12, 06:45
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
ACG Football Manager of the Season ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fodder76 View Post
Is it just me or does the bloke in the red hat in your avatar bear more than a passing resemblance to one Mike Bassett?

Its been a see-saw year for the Mid Table Maestroes. Looks like we'll be secure in fourth (nothing like tempting fate!) having had an appalling start to the season and on the real life front Everton should (again tempting fate!) finish above the other lot and Rangers are about to be liquidated. Top banana!
..hee hee...ill let Mike know that...ha ha ha...!

..yep, you have done well mate from appalling start. I really admire the way you had one J Terry as captain in your side for weeks on end, it was a ballsy move to captain a defender but i think it certainly played its part in your climb up the ladder..

To turn off Mr Sparkle, go User CP/ Edit Options/ Thread display options
Old 09 May 12, 21:18
Lieutenant General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
John Terry? I think you have me confused with my mates team, Ayr xi, who are too close for comfort going into the last game week.
Old 09 May 12, 21:42
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bloody Hell!

Too much to hold in my attention in the final EPL gameweek.

This Sunday will have the final 10 EPL games all kicking off at the same time with so many crucial games affecting:
  • who will be league champions,
  • qualifiers for the Champions League, and
  • the decisive matches determining who will be relegated.
What to watch?

Guess I should have invested in one of those electronic recording thingies.

Philip

Last edited by PhilipLaos; 09 May 12 at 21:48..
Old 09 May 12, 22:34
General of the Forums
United_States

I have a dish dvr in two rooms. So I can record 4 at once.
Old 09 May 12, 23:26
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
I have a dish dvr in two rooms. So I can record 4 at once.
Impressive!

You could be in for an engrossing EPL Sunday.

Philip
Old 09 May 12, 23:33
General of the Forums
United_States

Engrossing AFTER our Mother's Day celebration. My mom and Callie's mom comes first.
Old 10 May 12, 00:06
General
United_States

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebpreacher View Post
Engrossing AFTER our Mother's Day celebration. My mom and Callie's mom comes first.
...after 11:30." (You forgot to finish your sentence)
Old 10 May 12, 03:15
General
United_States

West Ham or Blackpool??

Who should come back to the Premier League??
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!