HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 03 May 12, 10:20
Recruit
India

Joe Shearer is on the path to success [1-99]
Sabko Salaam!

I've just joined this forum and wish to introduce myself, largely to avoid injury from senior members in case of any faux pas during a discussion.

I've been a happy member of PDF, the Pakistan Defence Forum, which is surprisingly hospitable to people from 'the old enemy', India, unless they are truly badly behaved. Sadly, over the last years, more and more of the new joins seems to have joined just to take discussions in an uncomfortable, in the sense of rude, belligerent, insulting, often terminally hateful talk about each other. It's difficult to take any more. If there is such a thing as an Internet refugee, you're looking at him.

I hope to read discussions and listen to people and doubt that there will be much to contribute, certainly at the early stages. If you hear someone breathing heavily behind your shoulder as you write, it is probably I, appreciating every word, every comma, every split infinitive......

Thank you all very much, in advance, for not beating me up for the first year or two. After that, it may be that nobody cares any longer, and you officially open up the position of Resident Idiot, so that's all right then.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 03 May 12, 11:01
General of the Forums
Australia
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Welcome and enjoy.

I'll fight you for the position of resident idiot though.
Old 03 May 12, 12:44
Major General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200] Capt AFB is walking in the light [200]
Ya! I think that Rojik beat you to the title!

But there is enough going on in here that we all have at one time or another been able to wear or close to wear the Resident Idiot title.

Welcome to ACG,

Combattre, vaincre ou mourir (Fight, win or die)
Old 04 May 12, 12:01
Colonel
United_States

Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200] Greybriar is walking in the light [200]
Welcome to the Armchair General forums, Joe.
Old 04 May 12, 12:23
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Hello and welcome to ACG forums..

Old 04 May 12, 12:31
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900] Bass_Man86 has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shearer View Post
I've just joined this forum and wish to introduce myself, largely to avoid injury from senior members in case of any faux pas during a discussion.

I've been a happy member of PDF, the Pakistan Defence Forum, which is surprisingly hospitable to people from 'the old enemy', India, unless they are truly badly behaved. Sadly, over the last years, more and more of the new joins seems to have joined just to take discussions in an uncomfortable, in the sense of rude, belligerent, insulting, often terminally hateful talk about each other. It's difficult to take any more. If there is such a thing as an Internet refugee, you're looking at him.

I hope to read discussions and listen to people and doubt that there will be much to contribute, certainly at the early stages. If you hear someone breathing heavily behind your shoulder as you write, it is probably I, appreciating every word, every comma, every split infinitive......

Thank you all very much, in advance, for not beating me up for the first year or two. After that, it may be that nobody cares any longer, and you officially open up the position of Resident Idiot, so that's all right then.
Welcome aboard, I look forward to reading your posts.
Old 04 May 12, 14:22
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
Welcome and enjoy.

I'll fight you for the position of resident idiot though.
NO CONTEST mate of mine. Ya win hands down.

If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates.*

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.
Old 04 May 12, 15:45
Lieutenant General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300] Checkertail20 is on a distinguished road [300]
Welcome to ACG forums, Joe.
Old 05 May 12, 08:02
General
Sweden
5 Year Service Ribbon 

leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99] leandros is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:

Welcome aboard, Joe. I am a member of an Indian defense website and I am quite surprised of the general animosity shown against anything Pakistanian. If it is the same the other way around the future does not look bright for the area. Should think in our "modern times" that they had managed to get civilized towards each other after all these years.

Fred
Old 10 May 12, 13:02
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Welcome to the forums! This is one website where bashing simply for the sake of bashing is usually kept to a minimum.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!