HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 03 May 12, 08:58
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
I may have been responsible for that one

where did she buy it??
Not sure where - It was at a Zetan System -
After Quoneeria / Orienta - and not Third Fleet Actions.
Also - not Retribution, where Losses were very small.
Not Red One System, where we lost loads of Frigates and DD.

The Frigates and Destroyers lost in All Battles have now been replaced - Attica has built Replacements - to be Posted today.

BB1 Prince Eugene was lost along with BB1 Blizzard and BB1 Prince William.
We also lost two SBP there - but these are also being Replaced.

The two BB1 are both being Replaced with BB1A Types - similar to the BB5 under Mark I Specs - but these are to "improved" Mark II Specs.

The SBP Ships will be replaced with Ships to the the new SBBA Specs. - also Mark II Specs.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation
Old 27 Jun 12, 11:19
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Nikkie is on the path to success [1-99] Nikkie is on the path to success [1-99]
Who are those three girls: Prince Eugene was lost along with BB1 Blizzard and BB1 Prince William??
Old 27 Jun 12, 11:29
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Information - For All Players

[[ From the G.M.

Stardate - March 2138

Okay - Good People.

Here is some Information for you all - some of which has been requested a number of times.

This is all in Files which are Attached to this Post.

A Complete List of the TOTALS of All Ships of the Confederation -
Phoenix, and All of the Dominions.
Plus - a complete Grand Total for the whole thing.
This of course, is only true for March 2138 - it is still increasing on a month-by-month basis.

The full form of the Mark II Ship Specs. for "Space Warships" - this is what we should all be aiming for, where our general construction capcity permits - and when we have the Shipuilding Capacity ( in Shipyards ) to build all of these types.

The Ship Specs. for non-fighting Ships.

The Specs. for all of the Facilities – Bases, Shipyards and Thermadomes, which are built or being built on the Planets, Moons and Asteroids of Phoenix and the Dominions of the Confederation.

The Specs. for all of the Facilities – Orbital and Orbital Space Stations, which are built or being built on the Planets, Moons and Asteroids of Phoenix and the Dominions of the Confederation.

Note -
The Facilities Specs. – both the Bases, Shipyards and Thermadomes, and the Orbital and Orbital Space Stations are being used as “standards” - to allow me to keep the actual Files which contain all of the details to a reasonable length, avoiding endless duplication of full details.
These Files list all of the Facilities, Built and Building - on Planets, Moons and Asteroids of Phoenix and of all of the Dominions – and there are still A LOT of them.

]]
Attached Files
File Type: doc All Totals - March 2138.doc (49.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: doc Ship Specifications - Mark II.doc (154.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Transport Ship Specifications.doc (33.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Facilities - Bases.doc (91.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Facilities - Orbital Facilities.doc (52.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: doc Facilities - Orbital Space Stations.doc (68.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 27 Jun 12, 11:31
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Continued

[[

Also Attached here -

The Mark II Weapons Specs. - for all of the Weapons which are installed or being Installed on our Space Warships.

]]
Attached Files
File Type: doc Weapons - Specifications MkII.doc (52.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 01 Jul 12, 00:04
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Are we still going or are we just waiting??
NIkki
Old 02 Jul 12, 07:38
Lieutenant General
Pirate

We are still moving on -

Well, I am still Updating everything on a month-by-month Basis -
but due to having posted a vast amount of stuff which was held back, we have not quite left March 2138 yet.

I am now still doing a lot of "background work" ATM - I have to incorporate all of the stuff which was Posted for all of the Dominions, into all of the "working files" for all the Dominions.

I will be Posting "State Of The Nation" Reports for all of the Dominions, for March 2138 - which will include all of these "working files" as Attachments.
Then I will be entering all New Ships Building into the "Build Lists", all as commencing in March 2138 ( another "background" task ) - That will effectively END March 2138.

Then April 2138 can BEGIN, with the Posting of all of the Ships Built, for April 2138 - for all of the Dominions.
Then any New Works in April 2138 wll be Posted - I do not intend that there will be a lot of these.
All of the "working files" will then be Updated for all of the Dominions, and these will be incorporated into these "working files" ( both being "background" tasks ).
I will then be Posting by "State Of The Nation" Reports for all of the Dominions, for April 2138 - which will include Attachements of all of the "working files" for all of the Dominions, as these will have been fully Updated.
Finally, for April 2138 I will be entering all New Ships Building into the "Build Lists", all as commencing in April 2138 ( another "background" task )

The whole round then begins for May 2138 -
"rinse and repeat" for June 2138, "rinse and repeat" for July 2138 - and continiue similarly, to August 2138.

I am expecting that April 2138 will BEGIN during this Week.
I am truly Sorry that I am running so VERY FAR behind - still trying to "catch up".

I will not be Posting a lot of New Works during the Game Months of April, May or June of 2138, and not a lot during July 2138.
I will still have a lot of "background" work which I will have to do - for these Game Months. Updating Files - New Ships Commenced.
Allowing "foreground" work of Posting Ships Commenced, and "State Of The Nation" Reports for each of the Dominions - for April 2138, May 2138, June 2138, July 2138.

This way - there is a fair chance that by the end of July 2012, we will be able to start August 2138.
Here's Hoping.

Best Wishes to All.
Old 02 Jul 12, 13:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
President Featherstone bends over double laughing,"Where did we buy what?" Still cackling.
Old 14 Jul 12, 21:46
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Hey Kara,
Who are those three girls: Prince Eugene was lost along with BB1 Blizzard and BB1 Prince William??!!!
Nikki
Old 16 Jul 12, 18:33
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkie View Post
Hey Kara,
Who are those three girls: Prince Eugene was lost along with BB1 Blizzard and BB1 Prince William??!!!
Nikki
Building REPLACEMENTS for All three of these is underway.
Also - a batch of Princesses.

Phoenix has started building a LOT of BB1A and Cruisers - a BIG LOT.

Both Phoenix and Attica are building some batches of BIG Ships for Tigre - SSM at 50 Km, SSD at 50 Km, SD at 45 Km - and SBB1A at 22 Km.

Another Two Months and you will have LOADS of Shipyards coming On-Line - to build BB1A Battleships, Cruisers - and Frigates and DD.
Old 16 Jul 12, 20:30
First Sergeant
United_States

537_ONN is on the path to success [1-99] 537_ONN is on the path to success [1-99]
You call ships girls. We men think of our ships/boats as women.
Frederick Featherstone
Secretary of State
New Byzantium

Old 16 Jul 12, 21:18
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
We of the Rhinwyrr give our ships numbers. They are machines, after all.
Later, if they earn a name, then they are assigned the name of a Hero.

Should we feel superior about that?

"There is no Ebola Train wreck."- Combat Engineer
Old 16 Jul 12, 22:09
Second Lieutenant
United_States

georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99] georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99] georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99]
New Byzantium feels superior with all their machines. Why we give them names.
Frederick Featherstone
Secretary of State (Interim)
Chief of Staff to the President.
New Byzantium
Old 17 Jul 12, 03:29
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia.rebel View Post
New Byzantium feels superior with all their machines. Why we give them names.
Frederick Featherstone
Secretary of State (Interim)
Chief of Staff to the President.
New Byzantium
Names is getting to be DAMN Hard - I have to keep FINDING Names, or Inventing them.

Pretty soon now - Phoenix, Attica and Sol will go to NUMBERING their Cruisers.
We are already Numbering our Frigates and Destroyers.

Remember - this is to make my Job a little bit easier.

At the moment, In Total we are actually building THOUSANDS of Frigates and / or Destroyers each Month. We are building several Hundreds of Cruisers at the moment - a few Hundred each Month.

But big changes are coming - there is gonna be something like an increase to 2.5 to 3 times our current Shipbuilding Capacity, during the next Two to Three Months - and an increase to something like 5 to 6 times our current Shipbuilding Capacity, in the next Six Months.
Within the next 8 Months, our ability to build Very Big Ships will also be "taking off".
This will include the Massive Shipbuilding Capacity of The Tigre Sector - which will start to come on-line fairly soon.

I may have to start giving Numbers to our New Battleships, rather than Names.
Old 17 Jul 12, 20:50
Second Lieutenant
United_States

georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99] georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99] georgia.rebel is on the path to success [1-99]
I'll ask the old man. He probably knows many.
Old 06 Aug 12, 09:08
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Stardate – April 2138

A Message

From - The President of The Phoenix Confederation

To – The Council of The Tigre Sector

The Rapier and the Pittsburgh

The two Space Warships which have been handed over to the control of the Tigre Space Command, and currently being operated by them – are herewith formally given completely as Property of The Tigre Space Command. These comprise –
SD Rapier – A Star Dreadnought.
DD Pittsburgh – A Destroyer.

As agreed with the Council of the Tigre Sector, their existing Commanders will remain, although you do have Commanders of your own now, who have been undergoing Training and “shadowing” in the roles of Commanders.
Senior Captain Ashega Samarakh will remain in Command of the Rapier – but will place himself fully under the control and direction of The Tigre Space Command.
Commander James Hanson will remain in Command of the Pittsburgh – but will place himself fully under the control and direction of The Tigre Space Command.

As agreed – they will continue to command these Ships for a further six months ( until October 2138 ) – with the situation to be reviewed at the end of that time.

Crew Rotation

It is normal practice in the Ships of The Phoenix Space Command – for Crews to be expected to undertake a “tour of duty” of around six months. In the case of active combat conditions, ongoing battles and counterattacks, or other exceptional citrcumstances, this may be extened by an indefinte amount – but it is not envisaged that a “tour of duty” would exceed one year.

Approximately 10% ( 1/10 ) of the Crews of the Rapier and the Pittsburgh have reached the end of their six months “tour of duty” – and in accordance with normal practice, it is intended to “Rotate” these Crewmembers shortly. This means that the 10% of the Crews will be returned to locations in The Phoenix Confederation – to enjoy a two month furlough of Rest and Recuperation, which may comprise time spent with their Families on Bases, Leave to visit Family Members or Friends in another location, or time spent at the Rest and Recreational Facilities of the Bases.
In accordance with normal practice, it is proposed to replace these Crew Members with new Crew Members who have undergone a period of R & R. These may include a proportion of New Crew Members who have recently completed their period of Initial Training and their period of Technical Training – that is, Crew Members who have not yet had any Operational or Battle Experience.

It is suggested to the Tigre Space Command – that the Crew Members of these two Space Warships could include a nuber of Personnel, selected from among the Cat People. The first groups of such Personnel could be added to the Crews of these Space Warships at this point, when they will begin to commence their “on the job training”.

Tactical “Experience”

An important point for consideration is that all of the Space Warships of the Dominions, from Cruisers upwards, carry a complete and full Database – which comprises a Tactical Information and Experience ( ‘TIE’ ) “Expert System”.
These Databases include all Tactical Information which has been obtained from all previous Battles and Space Actions since 2130 – which has been collected and analysed in greater detail during the last two years.
The sources for this ‘TIE’ Data are the Tactical, Operational and Strategic Supercomputers ( ‘TOSS’ ) of the Space Commands of Phoenix and of the Dominions, all interlinked – which include both analysis by both living intelligent Experts and Computers, for an extremely wide variety of Strategic, Operational and Tactical situations and types of aggressive action. These includes analysis of both Offensive and Defensive actions, at both Strategic, Operational and Tactical levels. More recently, inputs to the ‘TOSS’ Systems have also been fed from the Master Kedy “Brain” Units – which have direct contact with all Drone Ships, and so will be fully ‘aware’ of all Actions by Drone Ships.

The ‘TIE’ Databases on board the Space Warships do not include advanced analysis, but they do provide a Data and ‘Experience’ resource, to the Commanding Officers of these Vessels – they will also record all data of any engagements which these Ships undertake.
It is suggested that the existance of ‘TIE’ Database “Expert Systems” will provide some guidance and effectively “battle advice” for new Commanders who have not seen Operational or Active Service previously.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!