HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 01 May 12, 00:16
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzev View Post
Hi Andrey

How about "Paypal" ?
If that is not an option, it could be cash via airmail.
Tell what funds are needed, and I send you in advance.
Thanks
I'll think
Old 05 May 12, 13:38
First Sergeant
Canada

CAPT. JOE is on the path to success [1-99] CAPT. JOE is on the path to success [1-99] CAPT. JOE is on the path to success [1-99] CAPT. JOE is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Anvas and Andrey

Have you guys see the movie call "K-19: Widowmaker"? Just wonder if you have seen it.
I thought K-19 was a good movie and the ocean scenes were filmed right here in Manitoba on either Lake Manitoba or Lake Winnepeg. As for the Soviet/Russian language movies I have not seen any. I have seen "Enemy At The Gates" and thought it was good.
Old 05 May 12, 16:25
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Shhh! Donīt mention Enemy at the gates here, it is like performing a River dance in a AP minefield during a cluster bomb attack!
You've been talking 'bout' you want the war to cease
But when you show us hope, then we will show you peace"

Bounty Killa - look into my eyes

When in doubt: Blame Putin!
Old 06 May 12, 00:21
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
Shhh! Donīt mention Enemy at the gates here, it is like performing a River dance in a AP minefield during a cluster bomb attack!
You are right...

I can tell you again, that my opinion towards all the American movies showing Russians is very very skeptic. I hadn't see ANY one showing Russians correctly. In this or that degree every movie contains a standard number of stamps. For me it looks in the best case funny, in the worst - insulting.

Sad to say, modern Russian movies have the same thing. I myself trying not to see modern movies about the war of any origin (except single cases). They contains more action than historically reliable things.
Old 08 May 12, 20:01
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
I'll think
i offer you 15% comission !
[/QUOTE]

Hi Andreij
I like to add a few more titles to my shopping list:

1.) Optimistic tragedy ( Please send me 2) sold out !
I just sold both of them:
http://www.amazon.ca/OPTIMISTIC-TRAG...520954&sr=1-24

2 ) Olympus Inferno (please send me 2) sold out !
http://www.amazon.ca/OLYMPUS-INFERNO...6521057&sr=1-7

3.) THE VERY MUNCHHAUSEN
http://www.amazon.ca/VERY-MUNCHHAUSE...6521472&sr=1-1

I soaked up any on the western market, no more available.
I would also appreciate, if you could hook me up with a distributor, but then off course without the 15 %. There is however room for negotiation.
My apology for answering late, but i'm very busy posting russian films on amazon.ca. Posted about 300 now, 1200 + and more to post.
I would appreciate votes on my reviews ! Thanks
Ernst Wiltmann

You can also email me at ewiltmann@google.com
Old 08 May 12, 20:03
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100] Konzev has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT. JOE View Post
I thought K-19 was a good movie and the ocean scenes were filmed right here in Manitoba on either Lake Manitoba or Lake Winnepeg. As for the Soviet/Russian language movies I have not seen any. I have seen "Enemy At The Gates" and thought it was good.
Hi Cap'n Joe
Please check out my russian films on amazon.ca

If you like submarine flicks, i recommand :
1.) 72 Meters
2.) First after God
both of them are posted there.
Old 16 Nov 12, 08:49
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
"Life and Fate" brand new mini-TV series. It is an excellent movie based on the novel by Vasiliy Grossman.

The set of the actors is excellent, it looks like they are people of 40th...

http://russia.tv/brand/show/brand_id/12045
Old 16 Nov 12, 09:39
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] joea has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Looks like you can watch online, only in Russian of course. Hopefully this will come out in dvd in subtitles at some point.
Old 20 Nov 12, 01:36
General
Russia
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joea View Post
Looks like you can watch online, only in Russian of course. Hopefully this will come out in dvd in subtitles at some point.
we can watch it online or download it on rutracker.org (torrent search system)
Old 30 Nov 12, 09:45
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
we can watch it online or download it on rutracker.org (torrent search system)
I'll look up your link.
Have you seen CHKALOV ?
http://www.amazon.ca/Chkalov-Eugene-...4286607&sr=1-1
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Dec 12, 08:54
Leave of Absence
Netherlands
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
SPQR Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Major Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

Thought this video interesting enough to share.
Old 05 Jan 13, 18:37
Private
Italy

korman643 is on the path to success [1-99]
Andrey: is this movie any good in your opinion? I've watched a bit of it and I can make up my mind about it.

Три дня лейтенанта Кравцова

I've read on the Internet a lot of comparison with Они сражались за Родину but to be honest I think this is a bit of a stretch... what's your opinon?
Old 06 Jan 13, 07:43
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sennef View Post

Thought this video interesting enough to share.
This is from the movie "Dneprovsky Rubezh"/"Dnieper Line"

Here's the full movie

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 10 Jan 13, 16:28
Colonel
United_States

Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99] Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99] Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99] Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99] Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99] Hetzer 15 is on the path to success [1-99]
Are those 45mm anti-tank guns in the Mogilev 1941 movie?

The tanks look to be good mock ups of Panzer 3's with short 50mm guns.
Old 10 Jan 13, 16:47
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetzer 15 View Post
Are those 45mm anti-tank guns in the Mogilev 1941 movie?
Yep, it was the standard Soviet anti-tank gun at the time.

Quote:
The tanks look to be good mock ups of Panzer 3's with short 50mm guns.
I think they (or at least the one which took a penetrating hit to the front) are Pz III Ausf. G with 37mm gun

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Last edited by ShAA; 10 Jan 13 at 16:57..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!