StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 20 Mar 11, 22:56
General
Russia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Andrey what is ur opinion on the 2010 year movie "Brest fortress" (Брестская крепость)?

Is that a good movie, or another "Predstoyanie"?
it is a good movie but it is not the best.

I read about the Brest Fortress after I had seen the movie.

Some facts were shown incorrectly.

Some anti-soviet stamps still remained (like numerous surrendering soldiers (in reality the was no such facts), like the wprds about Major Gavrilov who was sent in GULAG after the war (in reality he was not sent to GULAG), like showing the attempt of breakthrough with huge casualties without any success in approaching to enemy machineguns (in reality there were a few attempts, the fortress defenders captured positions of enemy machine-guns but were repelled by enemy counterattacks) and so on)

But it is better than an average modern movie about the war. How it was written in one article "in this movie NKVD officer and Commisar did what they really did in the war"

I think the best movie for the last 10 years is "Star" (2002).
Old 24 Aug 11, 05:04
Private
India

fuser is on the path to success [1-99]
I hope this thread is not dead. Anyway I am a huge fan of russian more correctly soviet cinema. Russian cinema stands nowhere compared to soviet era.

The reason I think is simple enough, in soviet era filmmakers were not dependent on market but academy paid them, hence they had greater artistic freedom but could explore less subject matter for obvious reasons.
But now they can explore variety of subject matter but with considerably less artistic freedom because of their dependence on market.

Now, to andrey and all russian posters here, what I want to know is that for quite a time I am looking for russian movies with cold war theme.

I mean any cold war fiction out there, so far I have found none. Hollywood has explored this theme to death but what about soviet movies??

Is there any cold war fiction movies in russian?? If yes your guidance will be appreciated.
Old 25 Aug 11, 05:50
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
You have this for exemple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incident_at_Map_Grid_36-80

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Detached_Mission

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates...e_20th_Century
Old 14 Mar 12, 12:21
Private
United_States

travis911 is a balanced individual [0]
It seems there over the last few years world war II movies over all are slowly being made less and less. Anyone else see this trend?
Old 15 Mar 12, 09:08
General
Russia

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis911 View Post
It seems there over the last few years world war II movies over all are slowly being made less and less. Anyone else see this trend?
Hi.

In Russia the amount of movies about WWII is increasing, especially mini-TV-series.

But it is not

I had no enough time to write the last couple of years because I was in business trips about a half of years.
Sponsored Links

Old 15 Mar 12, 09:12
General
Russia

Yes, they were very popular in the USSR. But the description im wikipedia is not correcr enough.

1. It is about an incident in an US nuclear missile submarine in the zone of Soviet military training.

There was an incideant in its nuclear reactor, the submatine surfaced but refused to get aid from Soviet ships and planes.

If I remember correctly there was a crazy captain in the submarine.

In the result the submarine fired a few missiles against Soviet ships, they shot them down but didn't shoot their missiles against the submarine.

2. Russian Rambo. A few Marines from a Soviet ship in the Pacific captured an American missile base in from which a crazy commander wanted to fire nuclear missiles and to began the Third World War.

3. It is about a few crewmen of a Soviet merchant ship which was under an attack of pirates in the region of Philippines. Part of a the crewmen survived in the attack and later attacked the pirates in their base and captured back their ship.

The Cold War is connected to the movie only because the main pirate was related to the War in Vietnam and dirty tricks of CIA there (and that was true that CIA had dirty deeds there)

Last edited by Andrey; 15 Mar 12 at 09:24..
Old 15 Mar 12, 09:55
General
Russia

1. "Scubas in bottom"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=251973

Spy movie about a few children who found a spie's scuba in bottom in a Crimean sea beach.

2 "In the zone of additional attention"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3084780

The best movie about Airborne Troops.

In is about a large military training when a unit of Airborne troops had to fight against ordinary troops

3. "Response Turn"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1915879

The continuation of the movie of "In the zone of addaitional attention"

The paratroopers began to operate in cooperation with Soviet Marines

4. "State border"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1938307

It is about Border Guards from the Revolution till 1991

5. "TASS authorized to declare"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298570

A spy mini-TV series about a CIA spy in Moscow and how KGB found him

6. "Bad season"

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3863060

About Soviet spy - based in real events.
Old 23 Mar 12, 19:37
Corporal
United_States

Indpavan is on the path to success [1-99] Indpavan is on the path to success [1-99]
Soviet War movies

I didn't see 2 old maybe 1960s movies mentioned that I saw in school days:

A Boy and His Dog
I think this was about a boy whose father was a partisan leader and so the family didn't tell the boy to keep the secret and in the end somehow boy finds out and has reunion with father

Name can't remember
Its about a pilot who lost his legs in a aircraft accident and was determined to fly again and did and shot down several Luftwaffe planes. Similar to Douglas Bader
Old 24 Mar 12, 03:37
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpavan View Post
I didn't see 2 old maybe 1960s movies mentioned that I saw in school days:

A Boy and His Dog
I think this was about a boy whose father was a partisan leader and so the family didn't tell the boy to keep the secret and in the end somehow boy finds out and has reunion with father
Don't remember this

Quote:
Name can't remember
Its about a pilot who lost his legs in a aircraft accident and was determined to fly again and did and shot down several Luftwaffe planes. Similar to Douglas Bader
The name of the pilot was Alexei Maresiev. It was not a fictional person, he was a real man. He was shot down in enemy territory and lost his legs. Partisans saved him. After that he continued to fly in a fighter.

The movie is "Povest o nastoyashchem cheloveke" (1948) ("A story of a real man") - based on the same name novel by Boris Polevoy.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2205355

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%...BB%D1%8C%D0%BC)

Last edited by Andrey; 24 Mar 12 at 03:43..
Old 28 Mar 12, 14:15
General
Canada

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
Posting Soviet and Russian films on Amazon.ca

Since november 2011, Amazon.ca allowes Merchant sellers to post foreign films, that are not in Amazon.ca inventory.
Since than, I've posted about 200 of them, adding about 30 - 50 of them every month. Slow, but I try to post them with lots of info and pictures.
You will find them under those tag words, using the Amazon.ca tag-words in the Film & TV search-engine:

Russian Revolution
Russian Civil War
Russian Front
Great Patriotic War
Eastern Front
Defiance (just to link them to Hollywood films about the topic)
Enemy at the gates
NKVD
Stalin
Gulag
Arctic Warfare
Winter War
Soviet Occupation
Cold War
East Germany
DEFA
Mosfilm
RUSCICO

Now, It would be really cool, if someone could drop me a few links to russian merchants, selling the legal DVD's, I noticed, that some of mine could not be posted, beause they where obviously pirated.
Doesn't matter what region they are from.
I posted some from the czech repuplic, China, YesAsia.com, Ethaicd.com and so on.

Thank you !
Old 18 Apr 12, 19:03
General
Canada

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
Peregon / Transit

Hey Andrey

I need your help !

http://www.amazon.ca/TRANSIT-Serebry...4789794&sr=1-2

Posting russian movies on Amazon.ca was a success. I posted about 300 titles in just 4 month, and sold about 25, some right after I posted them. I add 3-4 titles every day.
Now I run out of "PEREGON" with english subtitles.
I googled, for sellers, could not find any. All Amazon's seem to be sold out, with the non subtitled version, as the execption.
I need a few legal copies, can You still get them in your local Omsk movie-store ?
Thank you
Old 22 Apr 12, 11:01
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzev View Post
Hey Andrey

I need your help !

http://www.amazon.ca/TRANSIT-Serebry...4789794&sr=1-2

Posting russian movies on Amazon.ca was a success. I posted about 300 titles in just 4 month, and sold about 25, some right after I posted them. I add 3-4 titles every day.
Now I run out of "PEREGON" with english subtitles.
I googled, for sellers, could not find any. All Amazon's seem to be sold out, with the non subtitled version, as the execption.
I need a few legal copies, can You still get them in your local Omsk movie-store ?
Thank you
Hi

1. Here is an excellent movie "White Guard" with a set of excellent actors - Khabenskiy, Khamatova, Bondarchuk, Porechenkov, Garmash, Serebryakov. It is based on Bulgakov's "White Guard" movie. It is about events of 1918 in Kiev

http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id...?partner=amvas

2. About Peregon in Omsk

Yes, I can go there and there and to search movies with English subtitles. But what to do after that? How many copies do you need? A few - is it about 2, 5, 10 copies?

How to pay moneys from Canada to Russia? And I am not sure it is free to send 10 copies of a movie from Russia to Canada by mail. Do you have the experiebce how to diced these troubles?

Last edited by amvas; 25 Apr 12 at 09:22..
Old 24 Apr 12, 01:44
General
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Hi

1. Here is an excellent movie "White Guard" with a set of excellent actors - Khabenskiy, Khamatova, Bondarchuk, Porechenkov, Garmash, Serebryakov. It is based on Bulgakov's "White Guard" movie. It is about events of 1918 in Kiev

http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id.../?item=8536194

2. About Peregon in Omsk

Yes, I can go there and there and to search movies with English subtitles. But what to do after that? How many copies do you need? A few - is it about 2, 5, 10 copies?

How to pay moneys from Canada to Russia? And I am not sure it is free to send 10 copies of a movie from Russia to Canada by mail. Do you have the experiebce how to diced these troubles?
Thanks for the prompt answer.
I allready ordered White Guard from ebay.
I would like 3 x Peregon with english subs.
I googled Russian dvd retailers in the Russian federation, that sell internationaly. The few that claimed they would (used Google Chrome Translate), did let me know, when my "shopping cart" was filled, and i wanted to go to the "Checkout", that they don't sell to my region.
I noticed, they had excellent prices, ranging from less than a canadian $ to abot $25, for the bigger box sets.
Did you check my postings of russian films on Amazon.ca, and some of my reviews ? (videoflk) (Ernst Wiltmann) ?
Thanks
Old 24 Apr 12, 01:46
General
Canada

Hi Andrey

How about "Paypal" ?
If that is not an option, it could be cash via airmail.
Tell what funds are needed, and I send you in advance.
Thanks
Old 01 May 12, 00:16
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzev View Post
Hi Andrey

How about "Paypal" ?
If that is not an option, it could be cash via airmail.
Tell what funds are needed, and I send you in advance.
Thanks
I'll think
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!