HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe. .

Old 28 Apr 12, 05:21
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
TSG? You mean the Special Patrol Group?

But the Met seems increasingly clueless. I was in London last week, as I was walking past a police station I spotted a Rucksack, which looked none to empty, that had been abandoned outside their nick. I figured I should nip into reception at let them know.

Reception was locked sealed behind a glass partition with a locked Security door. There was 4 coppers inside, behind the Reception counter (which looked like a bank teller's which is fair enough).

Despite the fact there was4 of us standing in the queue it still took them 5 mins + to open the door.

Then there was the spate of ND's and other dodgy practices employed by the ARV's.
TSG Tactical support group. At least, that what they were called when I worked down there. I find the Old Bill a lot less approachable these days and more rude if i'm honest. Looking like Serbian special forces tends to do that I suppose....
Old 28 Apr 12, 07:00
Colonel
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100] Silent Hunter has demonstrated strength of character [100]
SO19 are now called CO19 - they moved in the Met structure a few years back.

Glad this whole thing was resolved without injury.

Personal Blog
Old 30 Apr 12, 11:30
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
I know, the TSG guys now just look like Serbian para-military hoods from the 1990's. Its not part of our policing tradition to be honest. SO19 didnt look like that when I was in the job....
When my old man was a copper all they had was a large truncheon (billy) and a whistle......."times they are a'changing" ( Bob Dylon).....
Old 30 Apr 12, 11:33
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKPLACE View Post
Mic? It could be but he's on a hands free kit and I have never seen one where the headset plugs into the mic? Not an expert though.
There are actually quite a few headsets or ear peices which plug into the mike from a standard jack. That looks like what he's got to me.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!