HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Basic Training

Notices and Announcements

Basic Training This area is for forum announcements, testing, technical requests, or site feedback.

Old 29 Apr 12, 01:13
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Exclamation ACG Forums To Be Down For Up To A Half Hour Sunday Morning

Just to let all know that CyberRanger will be doing a miner upgrade on Sunday at about 9am Eastern.

It shouldn't last more than 10 minutes actually, but will give him a half hour to be safe.

I doubt that anything new will be all that apparent, but we will see.

If, after the upgrade, anybody notices any bugginess that needs tweaking, please let us know here.

Thank You One & All!

ACG Staff

ACG History Today

BoRG
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 29 Apr 12, 01:51
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thanks for the heads up, Wes.

Please pass on our appreciation for the good work if you have the opportunity.

Philip
Old 29 Apr 12, 09:42
ACG Web Tech Command
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I'm running a bit behind. The upgrade will commence at 10 am EST.
Old 29 Apr 12, 11:02
ACG Web Tech Command
Armchair_General
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Forum upgrade complete. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 30 Apr 12, 01:16
General of the Forums
EU
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Full Monty has disabled reputation
Just got booted to the ACG Home Page! That's a first! 'Page could not be found' my behind!
Old 30 Apr 12, 01:33
General of the Forums
EU

Check this post out! Should be three YouTube videos, instead it's just a mess, at least as I type this out!!!!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...48&postcount=9
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:01
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Not sure about the 1st problem you mentioned, we'll be on the lookout, my friend.

As to the 2nd...
Quote:

.... and yes that is Elton John bashing away on keys. Speaking of whom ...

.... playing Christmas Eve 1974 where a year later ....

It's not the software as far as I can tell, the YouTube feature seems to be working OK, mate. Not sure, but it looked like you tried to post the urls for the viewer, Kevin. But no worries, the actual vids ID codes were there so I could produce them in the quote & I fixed the actual Post, too.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case others don't, all you need to post a YouTube vid is (looking at the actual videos url on your browser) the vids actual ID which is the short portion AFTER the = and BEFORE the & symbols which you then place between the [ YOUTUBE ][ /YOUTUBE ] Tags (minus the spaces) or simply paste the YouTube Video's actual ID into your Post, highlight it, then click the on your Post Editor...

Example url:
w*w.youtube.com/watch?v=V30LOjosIoM&feature=player_embedded

V30LOjosIoM is the vids ID & all you need. After you paste it into your Post, highlight it & click the button on your Post Editor, then Submit.

If you don't see the you need to change your Post Editor to the Enhanced Editor from your User CP...

User CP > Your Control Panel > Edit Options > Near the bottom...

Thanx!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Last edited by Admiral; 30 Apr 12 at 02:44..
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:43
General of the Forums
EU

See that's what happens when you don't do something for a while. What works on Facebook doesn't necessarily work on ACG!

Thanks Wes, Mea Culpa
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:48
Pirate
SPQR Campaign 

No worries, my friend, I did it the other day & didn't figger it out until 10 minutes later after I changed my Editor to 'Code View'...

If you look at the top & extreme right of your Post Editor, you should see this symbol > < which will switch it back & forth, mate.

It comes in handy such as to actually see the BB Code Tags sometimes...

Cheers!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 07 May 12, 07:06
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
No worries, my friend, I did it the other day & didn't figger it out until 10 minutes later after I changed my Editor to 'Code View'...

If you look at the top & extreme right of your Post Editor, you should see this symbol > < which will switch it back & forth, mate.

It comes in handy such as to actually see the BB Code Tags sometimes...

Cheers!

I've preferred the tags since day one. I've never trusted WYSIWYG editors.

I only wish that we could have some HTML capability so that tables would be possible, but I understand the reasoning. And as always, our appreciation for keeping the ship running smoothly.

Old 25 May 12, 09:38
General of the Forums
EU

'Go to latest post' not working

As it says, even though I may have posted within the previous 24 hours this can take me back several days which is rather frustrating.
Old 25 May 12, 12:03
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 6 View Post
I've preferred the tags since day one. I've never trusted WYSIWYG editors.

I only wish that we could have some HTML capability so that tables would be possible, but I understand the reasoning. And as always, our appreciation for keeping the ship running smoothly.
One work around is to do the table locally on your device, then attach it as a graphic or a pdf. Personally I try to avoid doing any lengthy directly in an Internet window as the slightest glitch can lose all those electrons in an instant.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 25 May 12, 18:13
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Good to know, but I'll be out decorating family graves.
Old 25 May 12, 19:07
Pirate
SPQR Campaign 

The maint/upgrade was a couple weeks ago, MM.

FM, thanx, for the heads up, I'll look in to it, mate.

I may have a question or two on it when I can get to it.

Thanx, mates!

ACG History Today

BoRG

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!